Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212318 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2014, 06:33:23 pm »

Darkstar
One more thing: How much do you think NQT can influence the vote? It's likely that his vote counts more than ours.
Likely? Where are you getting these probabilities from? I can assure you that this isn't the case.

Here's why I say that: Your role is "class president". Your role is (probably) something about being in charge. One simple way that this could happen is that your vote counts double; I've seen other similar roles like Mayor that do the same thing. It's possible that I'm completely wrong; it's just a guess.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2014, 06:45:13 pm »

Wolf
NQT: I take it that you answer no to all three?
That's right. No. No. No.

Tiruin
1. What the hell is the context of this meteor?! It isn't even said if it is bad. It is assumed it is bad.
Re-read the OP: it says that the meteor is flying towards the planet and so our 'learning days are limited'.

2. NQT has the say on what decisions happen. "We'll vote, on I dunno-the person who gets the most votes.".
NQT: What is your say?
I assumed that the point of this game was for the town to hunt down the meteor casters. But as the mods are being deliberately obtuse, I see no reason why we shouldn't just do our own thing.

Now let me propose this. NQT, as a player, is adverse of screeching 'I AM TOWN' to the masses. Counter point: Can you detail what you know from being the Class President about this moral sleight in terminology?

What do you fully believe about it?
I think Wuba and Nerjin are high-fiving each other, getting a kick out of messing with us. I assume we'll find out more of the rules after the votes are all tallied and the results of the night come in.

Dr Nerjin knows what's happening. Is this vote going to be counted in the next vote count?

Darkstar are you going to answer my three questions? Are you evil? Do you have a win condition? Did you summon the meteor?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 26, 2014, 06:59:29 pm »

NQT: Please re-read #2 and say what'll happen to the one who either gets the most votes when day ends/gets hammered.

I think Wuba and Nerjin are high-fiving each other, getting a kick out of messing with us. I assume we'll find out more of the rules after the votes are all tallied and the results of the night come in.
...You think this in response to...
Can you detail what you know from being the Class President about this moral sleight in terminology?
You do know we can just infer those terminologies right? That statement...gives nothing but blanks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 26, 2014, 07:01:14 pm »

Oh. That totally explains the meteor.
>_>
Disregard #1.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 26, 2014, 07:02:31 pm »

Y'know what?

Tiruin tries to exit the classroom, and head towards the library and browse the section of 'Plot-Conveyance Mandatory Reading'. What books are there?-if I did get to the library.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 26, 2014, 07:18:46 pm »

Tiruin
NQT: Please re-read #2 and say what'll happen to the one who either gets the most votes when day ends/gets hammered.
I have no idea, it's unclear. Maybe they'll be kicked out of school, maybe we'll kill them. We'll find out by trying it.

You do know we can just infer those terminologies right? That statement...gives nothing but blanks.
You mean, we can infer 'town' from 'not evil' and 'scum or third party' from evil.

Here's a thing: you probably missed it, but Leafsnail claimed Evil Non-Meteor-Summoner. What do you think about that?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:32 pm »

• Are you evil?
  • Do you have a wincon?
  • Did you summon the meteorite?

Here's what I have:

Yes
Not as far as I can tell
Nope

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 26, 2014, 07:24:04 pm »

Weird. NQT, you say-inflavor-that the decision rests with you, but here I see someone parrying it. I expected an answer on what you'd do...you advise a lynch instead.

Why can't you say the decision in the first place? Say something non-lethal.

You mean, we can infer 'town' from 'not evil' and 'scum or third party' from evil.

Here's a thing: you probably missed it, but Leafsnail claimed Evil Non-Meteor-Summoner. What do you think about that?
Link~ If he did so, there's a reason behind why he did so. I hope you (or anyone else) asked about it.

Because your answer on 'what is Not Evil' is redirected on blaming the mods. It doesn't hold up.

PPE:
...TDS: Explicitly evil? Cite your background, please.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 26, 2014, 07:38:35 pm »

PPE:
...TDS: Explicitly evil? Cite your background, please.

I'm evil, but I did not summon the meteor. I'm an evil wizard. And, as I said, I have no idea what my wincon is. There's nothing about wanting non-evil people dead, or even anything about non-evil people at all. To some extent, I suspect I am like a jester - my description talks about how I'm happy with how things are going, but it is implied that I didn't actually cause any of it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 26, 2014, 07:54:20 pm »

...Could you expound on how you're evil?

Proposal: Continue day with these lynchy-things; discard speculation--look at the flavor; let's play this NQT style.

Meaning: I'm totally ok with the lynch-NQT must declare it non-lethal. Something like player truly roleflips at day end, however may still play in-game by the morrow.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 26, 2014, 08:03:04 pm »

Hmm... I think that our wincons are burried in the fluff of our characters. We just have to figure them out. Also, it is clear to me we are at a wizard academy, with at least some references to Harry potter (PFP, but I'm sure someone can find Wuba's post where he mentions Hermione).

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 26, 2014, 08:08:25 pm »

I'm sure there's more to answer, after some reading.

1) Not Evil
2) Definitely yes
3) No

Further. My role statement, upon rereading, implies that the meteor actually cannot be stopped, and that whatever is necessary must be done before it hits.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 26, 2014, 08:10:46 pm »

Wait... You have a stated wincon? That... Is very bastardy of the mod.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 26, 2014, 08:12:10 pm »

...Could you expound on how you're evil?

My role is evil, and I was told I was evil. Also, while I did not summon the meteor, I seem to like the fact that it was summoned. I'm not sure how that makes me evil, though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2014, 08:12:42 pm »

Nerjin/Webadict: What is the school rules about offenses against other people? Is killing against the school law? Against the class law?
Questions like these give an idea about what the day-end looks like. We'd all assume kills--A hammer does not dictate day end, as in literal day end (...6:00pm whatever), but we have to assume it ends our class!
1. School rules about offense against others: Pics or it didn't happen.
2/3. Is killing against the [any] law: ...Really? Yes. Yes it is.

Mr. Wub Badict: Would you consider summoning meteors to hit the earth an evil act?
Depends on how big the meteor is. But, I'm not a Mathemagician, so I couldn't answer that limit.

Tiruin tries to exit the classroom, and head towards the library and browse the section of 'Plot-Conveyance Mandatory Reading'. What books are there?-if I did get to the library.
No, you don't. You would need a hallpass to survive even leaving through the door.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 112