Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212329 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Smster W/ Love Day 5 - Robosaurus, Roar of the Celestial Bloom
« Reply #1650 on: April 08, 2014, 08:00:16 am »

*pokes Toaster's iron abs*

*clang!*
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: April 12, 2014, 02:34:23 pm »

Being a robot won't save you from explosions.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: April 12, 2014, 09:27:48 pm »

I see what you did there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: April 13, 2014, 07:51:02 pm »

Oh my goodness.

RangerCado was the alluded Good Succubus.

...Thanks Nerjin.  :'( < Me now.
Yep. And now I rant.

I quit for a few reasons.

First: I put all my cards on the table, literally, and went full on help the town to get my wincon and be a traitor to the scum team without them realizing. Night 1, this was ended immediately. My explanation for this event much later from Nerjin, someone hit me or my target with something and I lost my wincon. He then stated I also failed because I used my ability on Tiruin, which caused me much rage as I didn't even use the ability.

Second: I went from pro-town mafia player, to regular mafiasco without any chance to block this, losing my ability on the slimmest of chances according to Nerjin. I then had to lie about not having a wincon to try and stay alive. Well, you all started voting me anyway, and at that point I felt that the scum team were gonna lose anyway. I felt there was no way to win or gain another wincon, so I quit.

Third: Dying, getting hit with a one-off ability, or even being converted to a different role! All three I would have seen as part of the game for me losing my wincon and/or ability at the time. I was instead punished for A- Not understanding my flavour enough to solve my puzzle DAY ONE before someone else, and B- Not using what I assumed was a one off, male target only ability, NIGHT ONE! All because I couldn't get my puzzle off of day 1 information.

I couldn't stand the fact that I lost abilities and wincons because I couldn't figure out how to win Day 1, BEFORE someone else figured out how to stop me from doing so. Rant over.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Smster W/ Love - Game Over
« Reply #1654 on: April 13, 2014, 07:55:14 pm »

Actually, the other person didn't figure out how to stop you. Makeinu targeted you night one. If you had targetted him you would have both won. As it was, you both lost.

In the end though, EVERYBODY wins so... Happy face?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: April 13, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »

No happy face.

Expecting 2 players to figure out night 1 to use their abilities on eachother is annoying to no end, especially when A: I lost my only ability because I didn't use it. B: We only had ONE chance for it to work or we fail and lose our abilities. C: You CANNOT have expected us both to get it right night 1. And if us losing was because i 'targetted someone else', then I call -insert swear- because I never even USED the ability.

No happy face.
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 13, 2014, 08:04:17 pm »

Let me put it to you this way then:

Web and I didn't care WHEN you figured it out. The ability only ceased to exist if one player figured it out before the other. Makeinu figured it out. You didn't. *Shrug* Things like that happen. Was it the best plan? No, but Web was running the game then, so there was nothing I could do.

In fact, I DIDN'T expect you guys to get it night one.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 13, 2014, 08:09:55 pm »

So I still got screwed for not figuring out the puzzle, only it was for not getting it at the SAME TIME as someone else. I will not be happy still. Any other way would have been fine. Instead, I get put into a no-win position from my perspective at the time of getting voted by people and no other win-con to bail on. Being replaced probably saved Birdy as nobody was gonna take my side for long at that point, and I had no way left to help the town.

The fact that my only hint was 'you want to find love!' and getting a retorical good luck was my only information is unfair to the extreme.
[/quote]

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 13, 2014, 08:19:25 pm »

Ranger: Ah, bastard mods.  I've seen some pretty unfair games (see, for instance, Witches' Coven 2 and the completely screwed elfteam [a not-quite-cult with weak powers and a mole from the other scumteam], or Why Would You Do That and the initially unlucky Rogue/Roguelike [I think] team).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: April 13, 2014, 08:35:57 pm »

The setup wasn't necessarily unbalanced, the issue is that webadict was needlessly evasive when answering basic questions from his informed minority.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: April 13, 2014, 08:38:53 pm »

Web and I didn't care WHEN you figured it out. The ability only ceased to exist if one player figured it out before the other. Makeinu figured it out. You didn't. *Shrug* Things like that happen. Was it the best plan? No, but Web was running the game then, so there was nothing I could do.

Makeinu did?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: April 13, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »

Also that my team decided to claim along with me even though I explicitly told them not to

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: April 13, 2014, 08:41:22 pm »

Makeinu did?

He did. He targetted Cado. I figured when somebody listed the win conditions of everyone and "Wnats to find Love" showed up twice it was gonna happen...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: April 13, 2014, 08:47:03 pm »

Also that my team decided to claim along with me even though I explicitly told them not to
Ah, yes, I saw that in the chat.  Frankly, though, I must say that you used your silver tongue quite well to try to worm your way out of that one.  Plus, NQT was a tad cagey, though now I see why that was.  I think the whole TDS lynch came about because Tiruin was pushing it, I wanted to try it for science, and then you guys were screwed when his results came up as summoner because it made you a liar.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: April 13, 2014, 08:49:08 pm »

I wasn't lying.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112