Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 113588 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 2 has begun | Act II: Unraveling
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2014, 11:48:45 pm »

Also I hit writer's block. >:I
Should I get the spiders?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 12, 2014, 07:54:43 am »

Seriously, why is no one talking?

Yesterday, no one pursued a different case than makeinu's, which leads me to believe it was one of the lurkers yesterday who is our second scum.

That gives me Sinlessmoon, Jembot, Pufferfish, and Nerjin as suspects.

Sinlessmoon is someone I doubt to be scum, because he was the lynch case that Makeinu tried to push for most of the day.

Jembot has had four posts, almost all of them answering or asking RVS questions, with his final post promising more content.
I apologise for by lurking thus far, I've been on holidays but I get back tomorrow arvo, at that point I will post a wall of text with all my suspicions thus far
That never materialized.

Pufferfish also has four posts, with three asking and answering RVS questions and one apologizing for lurking and promising future posts. Once again, Pufferfish also failed to deliver.

The problem is that these two have had so little content, I can barely see anything scummy or towny about them. It all comes across as null.

Have to go somewhere, more later.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 12, 2014, 12:49:43 pm »

The final lurker of the day is Nerjin, our wonderful IC.

Nerjin has posted 8 times, and has voted once, on Sinlessmoon, which was lead by makeinu. To me, this raises suspicions slightly, even more so when I saw this:
A quick step-in here for all of you about lurking: Life happens. It is sort of rude to assume someone's lurking the day the game starts. I, for one, feel that lurking begins at around the time that they haven't posted for two Days.

I don't know about you all, but to me that seems suspicious. So when did Nerjin vote Sinlessmoon? In this post:
First, he tells Makeinu:
At least you’re playing the game. Your focus on Sinless is a bit of a waste of time though. Please try to go towards some more players.

Then he says to Sinlessmoon that:
You are a liability to town. If you get lynched then you deserve it Sinlessmoon. Either get in here and play or ask for a replacement!

I'm sorry, but that's just hypocritical. Trying to lynch lurkers early D1 is lazy and not cool in my personal opinion. Force a replacement first, then if that fails, go for a lynch ins my personal opinion. While this is to some extent my personal dislike of Lurker Hunters, I think Nerjin deserves my vote.

Also, Nerjin, I'd love to see more questions and hunting and reads besides IC stuff coming from you. What are your thought on Makeinu flipping scum? Who were your top suspects prior to N1? Who are they now?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 1 has begun | Act I: Prelude
« Reply #303 on: January 12, 2014, 09:12:48 pm »

Yeah, I've run out of leads. I'm fairly convinced that all the active players are town, so I've really got nothing.
BUT, I think I may have found some evidence to possibly rule out Jembot.

The main reason that I haven't done much so far is simply lack of time, had a big new years. I've got a bit more spare time now, so I'm going to get out there and scum hunt.

Being busy is fine. Life has a way of doing that. You don't need to tell us you're "going to get out there and scum hunt" now that it's slowed down for you. That's expected. But it's a little late in the game (literally) to be bringing general RVS questions to the table. Re-read the thread.

Who are your top scum leads? Town? What has given you pause yet?

Makeinu- It's day one, and you have narrowed your lynching choices down to 2. One has been acting very scummy, but the other has only posted once. Do you lynch the likely scum, or policy lunch the lurker? Why?

Scum lynch. Always scum lynch.

Policy lynch for lurkers is a last-ditch, I've-got-nothing-else, tactic. Yes, lurking looks scummy, already been over that, but lurking isn't by itself a scum-tell.

You need to bringing more to the game, here. The Town needs you.
I bolded the last bit. See how he says "the Town", not "we" or some other term for an association that you're a part of.
Maybe a minor slip, which would indicate that he knew Jembot was Town.

I'm sorry, but that's all I've really got. My only leads are lurking, so there isn't much I can do. I've been pouring through the last day, looking for clues, but I've run out of leads to pursue.
The Derail Thread

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 12, 2014, 10:51:58 pm »

We have 2 MLes in case you guys didn't realize, Lets just vote and go with it.

Also, Persus, that post makes you seem to drawing attention away from active people...

You.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 12, 2014, 10:57:48 pm »

Ah McCarthyism... Lurker... Communist... It's really the same.

Here's a little fact for you guys: Weekends do not count towards the day's time because people are either busy on the weekend or trying to enjoy their week. For example, I spent a wonderful day with my girlfriend.

I suppose I could tell her "Piss off, I'm playing mafia" but that seems like it'd get me lynched in a rather more literal sense.

I can't speak for the others but I wouldn't call myself a "lurker" but that's up to you to decide. Anyways I should be doing a better post sometime tomorrow. Likely in the PM.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2014, 08:01:35 am »

Also, Persus, that post makes you seem to drawing attention away from active people...

You.
Look at the facts, the only lynch case put forward D1 was against Makeinu. No one put forward an alternative. In a normal game there's normally at least two lynch cases D1. My opinion is that if Makeinu had an active scum partner, they would have pushed another case and tried to get someone else lynched, because scum getting lynched D1 is something the scum team doesn't want to happen and can't really afford.

To me, the lack of another case means that one of the four lurkers was Makeinu's scumbuddy.

As for your accusation about me drawing attention away from active people. Do you think there's a reason to think active people are scum? All the active people voted Makeinu, and they all had slightly separate cases and didn't seem like their bussing. TO me that leads me to believe that you, Mastahcheese, and MOWE are likely town.

More later
Sigtext

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 13, 2014, 08:33:51 am »

Here's an alternate theory that illustrates the concept of WIFOM:

Perhaps, bear with me here, one of the people who pressed a case on Makeinu saw that there were several lurkers. They thought to themselves "Hm... Perhaps I can secure my position as 'town' if I bus Makeinu. Obviously none of the lurkers are gonna pop in with anything other than 'Oh yeah Makeinu is scum. Why not?' and thus they talked with Makeinu, drummed up a case, and used that as a reasoning to vote him."

It's not a perfect alternate theory because I have to get going here in a few moments but it is something you might want to think about.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 13, 2014, 08:43:59 am »

You.
So you're saying that I'm trying to draw people's attention away from me by pointing towards lurkers. And since only people against town want to draw attention away from themselves, your also implying I'm scum. So why the FOS? Why not just a vote? And since you seem to think this, why aren't you asking questions about it?

My post on lurkers were focusing on my suspects. Naturally, I wasn't one of my suspects because I know that I'm town. Everyone either knows their town or wants to be known as town, and so will automatically rule themselves out as a suspect when scumhunting. I'm focusing on the lurkers for multiple reasons, and Mastahcheese is pretty much doing the exact same thing as me. I've already given my thoughts on the active players and said that they all seem like town to me. So because of that and that no one pushed an alternative to Makeinu's case, I'm focusing on the lurker players and read through all their posts.

Sinlessmoon:
I haven't heard much from you recently. What are your thoughts on Makeinu's flip? Who do you think is Makeinu's buddy? You planning on going on he offensive at all this game?

Here's an alternate theory that illustrates the concept of WIFOM:

Perhaps, bear with me here, one of the people who pressed a case on Makeinu saw that there were several lurkers. They thought to themselves "Hm... Perhaps I can secure my position as 'town' if I bus Makeinu. Obviously none of the lurkers are gonna pop in with anything other than 'Oh yeah Makeinu is scum. Why not?' and thus they talked with Makeinu, drummed up a case, and used that as a reasoning to vote him."

It's not a perfect alternate theory because I have to get going here in a few moments but it is something you might want to think about.
I'll agree with you that that's a likely alternate scenario, and I've considered it, but all the active players have seemed fairly town to me.
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 13, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »

Yeah, I've run out of leads. I'm fairly convinced that all the active players are town, so I've really got nothing.
BUT, I think I may have found some evidence to possibly rule out Jembot.

The main reason that I haven't done much so far is simply lack of time, had a big new years. I've got a bit more spare time now, so I'm going to get out there and scum hunt.

Being busy is fine. Life has a way of doing that. You don't need to tell us you're "going to get out there and scum hunt" now that it's slowed down for you. That's expected. But it's a little late in the game (literally) to be bringing general RVS questions to the table. Re-read the thread.

Who are your top scum leads? Town? What has given you pause yet?

Makeinu- It's day one, and you have narrowed your lynching choices down to 2. One has been acting very scummy, but the other has only posted once. Do you lynch the likely scum, or policy lunch the lurker? Why?

Scum lynch. Always scum lynch.

Policy lynch for lurkers is a last-ditch, I've-got-nothing-else, tactic. Yes, lurking looks scummy, already been over that, but lurking isn't by itself a scum-tell.

You need to bringing more to the game, here. The Town needs you.
I bolded the last bit. See how he says "the Town", not "we" or some other term for an association that you're a part of.
Maybe a minor slip, which would indicate that he knew Jembot was Town.

I'm sorry, but that's all I've really got. My only leads are lurking, so there isn't much I can do. I've been pouring through the last day, looking for clues, but I've run out of leads to pursue.

I actually didn't think about it like that. It seems to make sense. It was like he was acknowledging the fact that Jembot was town while makeinu wasn't, if we take into account that makeinu flipped scum.

Persus:
The final lurker of the day is Nerjin, our wonderful IC.

Nerjin has posted 8 times, and has voted once, on Sinlessmoon, which was lead by makeinu. To me, this raises suspicions slightly, even more so when I saw this:
A quick step-in here for all of you about lurking: Life happens. It is sort of rude to assume someone's lurking the day the game starts. I, for one, feel that lurking begins at around the time that they haven't posted for two Days.

I don't know about you all, but to me that seems suspicious. So when did Nerjin vote Sinlessmoon? In this post:
First, he tells Makeinu:
At least you’re playing the game. Your focus on Sinless is a bit of a waste of time though. Please try to go towards some more players.

Then he says to Sinlessmoon that:
You are a liability to town. If you get lynched then you deserve it Sinlessmoon. Either get in here and play or ask for a replacement!

I'm sorry, but that's just hypocritical. Trying to lynch lurkers early D1 is lazy and not cool in my personal opinion. Force a replacement first, then if that fails, go for a lynch ins my personal opinion. While this is to some extent my personal dislike of Lurker Hunters, I think Nerjin deserves my vote.

In my opinion, Nerjin seemed to be trying to tell makeinu that spending time trying to get Sinlessmoon to play was useless. I think its still possible to vote a lurker and still focus on the active players, where you'll most likely get more valuable information. Makeinu posted several times trying to get Sinlessmoon to play, and I just think Nerjin found this to be a waste of time. Nerjin didn't seem to linger on Sinlessmoon, which may be because he wasn't here, but that's what I think he meant.

I think all of the active players are town. Judging by everyone's relationships with makeinu on day one. I'll explain in a little more detail.

Sinlessmoon: I think you're trying to post more. Since makeinu appeared to single you out, I can only assume you're town.

Superblackcat: Makeinu fought with you most of day one. I think its safe to say you're town.

Mastahcheese: As I've said before, you seem like very strong town. Judging by the fact that you were one of the first people to make a case against and vote makeinu.

Nerjin: Still not very active, but I highly doubt he's scum.

Now, this leaves me with the two people who have done nothing but lurk. Pufferfish and Jembot.

Jembot: I don't think he's scum because makeinu tried to draw attention to him. And as I illustrated earlier, makeinu practically admitted that he knew Jembot was town.

Pufferfish: Hasn't been there at all. Of the chronic lurkers, he is the one that makeinu didn't call out, perhaps hoping to win this thing himself. This is the best I have at the moment...

Also, I'd like to state something else that sort of helped me in my conclusion that one of the lurkers is probably scum. It's mostly WIFOM, but I think it has some relevance. I believe that what happened with the NK on Night One could be the result of one of two occurrences.

1. The scum went after the obvious target, the mastah of town. And the jailor/doctor/whatever, foreseeing this, protected him. BUT if the scum were smart scum, they'd know this would happen and go after someone else besides the strongest town player.

OR

2. There was no one there to carry out the NK. If one of the lurkers are scum, they wouldn't be around to vote. Thus, no NK. (I assume this can happen. If I'm wrong please correct me.) Thus no NK.

Take this for what you will. It's just a few thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head for a while as I waited until I had the ability to post it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 13, 2014, 05:53:17 pm »

Well. I'm slightly suspiscious of MOWE, he wasn't really active, and when he did come, Makeinu was just about confirmed.

I haven't seen him before... and he may just have thrown his partner under the bus.

Infact, any of the active people could have done that, but more likely Persus and MOWE, since me and mastah did it before it was 'popular' :P

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 13, 2014, 06:01:10 pm »

Makeinu was just about confirmed.
What do you mean by this?

I haven't seen him before... and he may just have thrown his partner under the bus.
How does the first part matter? And is it relevant in any way to the second part?

In my opinion, Nerjin seemed to be trying to tell makeinu that spending time trying to get Sinlessmoon to play was useless. I think its still possible to vote a lurker and still focus on the active players, where you'll most likely get more valuable information. Makeinu posted several times trying to get Sinlessmoon to play, and I just think Nerjin found this to be a waste of time. Nerjin didn't seem to linger on Sinlessmoon, which may be because he wasn't here, but that's what I think he meant.
Good point, after rereading that, I think I'm agreeing with you.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 13, 2014, 07:03:12 pm »

Alright, I think we've ruled out active people by now, or at least I have. I don't think Makeinu was bussed, by MOWE's explanation on the lack of a NK. I don't think an order was sent out, at all. Either that, or it was done incredibly poorly, which would indicate that they weren't actually thinking it out.

Honestly, there's really nothing else for me to say right now, we, as a town, seem to actually be dealing with sitting ducks right now, it's a whole role reversal.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 13, 2014, 10:01:55 pm »

[And then filler, but mod is busy and internet shenanigans prevented visiting Bay12 for a day or so]

• Superblackcat -
  • mastahcheese -
  • Sinlessmoon -
  • Imp - Superblackcat
  • Persus13 -
  • 4maskwolf - mastahcheese, MyOwnWorstEnemy
  • MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • Nerjin - Persus13
  • Not Voting: Nerjin, 4maskwolf, Sinlessmoon, Imp

Imp has replaced Jembot!
4maskwolf has replaced Pufferfish!

The day has been extended by 48 hours due to replacees and rules!

Votes carry over to the replacee, by the way. :)

Day 2 has begun and will end at January 17, 2013 [Friday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day
There are two possible extensions remaining today.

Praise be, for zombie urist's LurkerTracker!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:08:46 pm by Tiruin »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 13, 2014, 10:05:45 pm »

I shouldn't be voting two different people. I last voted Nerjin. Also, more than two people are voting currently.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38