Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: 10 days to save the world (Day 1)  (Read 17861 times)

blazing glory

Re: 10 days to save the world
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 07:06:36 am »

Ok time for your starting conditions:

Name: Eric Hale
Creature: Human
Brief description: Fry cook by day, Night Elf Hunter by night!

(1)

You barely roll out of the path of the dragons fireball. As it raises its head to prepare another fire-breath, you charge. The dragon roars and shoots a jet of flame at you. You raise your shield, but too late. The fire burns your face through the opening in your helmet and you feel your flesh begin to...fry? You wake up screaming and clutching your burnt face. Your fellow fry cooks call an ambulance as your manager asks them what happened, and, realizing that you fell asleep on the job, fires you as you fall unconscious from the pain.

Ask for a morphine injection and pay attention to how much that raises my health bar (yes thats not wow, but it's still video gamey =P)

Good luck with that,this is a minamalist RTD,that probably means no hit points and uses some other system.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 07:09:40 am »

Oh, I can change that if that's too far out there. I figured silliness was OK for this rtd though, so I was playing the character of not entirely being able to separate reality from video games. I wasn't actually assuming there was a hitpoints system.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:11:26 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

blazing glory

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 07:22:42 am »

Oh, I can change that if that's too far out there. I figured silliness was OK for this rtd though, so I was playing the character of not entirely being able to separate reality from video games. I wasn't actually assuming there was a hitpoints system.

Ok,reclassifying your character as a stupid nerd.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 07:55:17 am »

Absorb the pain and suffering that lingers in this forsaken realm.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 08:52:33 am »

Force the homeless man to sleep and send him a very strong dream of a device capable of turning vegetables to candy without loosing the nutritional value of the veggies or the tastiness of the candy made only from thrown away appliances and an empty beer bottle and inspire him to build it.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 12:02:25 pm »

I'm thinking I might update this twice per day, but only if everyone has entered actions and I have the time to do so.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 12:04:01 pm »

Get interviewed.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 10 days to save the world (Day 1)
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 01:34:42 pm »

Ok everyone has posted actions so time for Day 1 part 2/7

Have the homeless man create a sign and go around screaming "The End is near!", hopefully making people ponder how the man got into a state that bad, and that the same could happen to them if they get unlucky... All their lives' work would be pointless when they sit on a curb, begging, or travelling the roads only seeking another drink, or screaming the end when nobody is listening. Even if they're not becoming homeless, what if he's right? What if the world really is ending? What if it all has literally been for nothing, and will be destroyed? ((I usually play more heroic characters, an anti-villain will be hard.))

Force the homeless man to sleep and send him a very strong dream of a device capable of turning vegetables to candy without loosing the nutritional value of the veggies or the tastiness of the candy made only from thrown away appliances and an empty beer bottle and inspire him to build it.

(3) vs (5)

The homeless man makes a sign stating "The end is near!" but falls asleep before he can start yelling at people with it. In his sleep, he sees a device that can turn vegetables into candy and solve the worlds nutrition vs taste problem. He feels inspired to create this device and dos so...in his dream. Upon awakening, he finds all the necessary components, but feels a pang of dread in the back of his mid that he won't be able to make it and should give up. "What if I just make a fool of myself?" he wonders.

"God, my head..."

Get up off the floor, wander over to tv and examine it

"What the hell is going on now...?"
(5)

The news reporter is talking about a star discovered years ago with an Earth-like planet orbiting it. The scientists being interviewed are talking about their space mission to the planet that will be launched in 9 days and arrive at the planet after a few decades. The scientists begin to describe their spaceship, but one in the background mutters something about an asteroid. Looking up at the clock, you see that it won't be long before customers start arriving, and the bar is still a mess.

Tickles

Start using the furnature as a scratching post for a while
(6)

You begin to claw the sofa. You stop after the 'right' amount of clawing. Not too much, not too little. As you step back to marvel at your marvelous claw-work, your very angry owner enters, not at all impressed. He doesn't like the fact that the sofa is clawed at all and promptly kicks you out of the house.

Ask for a morphine injection when I wake up and pay attention to how much that raises my health bar (yes thats not wow, but it's still video gamey =P)
(2)

No one in the restaurant has morphine, and you forgot to bring some from home today. Also your friends wonder why you thought they would have any morphine on them in the first place.

Absorb the pain and suffering that lingers in this forsaken realm.
(3)

You try to absorb the pain and suffering that lingers in this abandoned city, but can't seem to find much. You gather a few scraps from where a man was murdered and where a group of homeless men starved and other assorted incidents, but other than that, the residents of this city seemed to leave the city mostly pain and suffering free. Your hunger for pain and suffering is still not sated.

Get interviewed.
(2)

As you pick up the microphone to respond to the interviewer's questions, you hear loud thumps coming from beyond the great wall known as 'the door.' Everyone runs for cover to hide under the great mountainous 'bed' and in the 'box' but you are left by the crowd. Suddenly the door bursts open and a giant dog, towers over you. He looks hungry.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 01:40:27 pm »

((The homeless man needs a name, as I feel we are going to stick with him for a while. No action just yet.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 01:42:05 pm »

I find a different hobo and give him a dream about the visionary hobo that he should help and support.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 01:49:04 pm »

My hunger is never sated. Travel to a more populous land to consume more souls.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 02:09:01 pm »

Hide.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 02:51:32 pm »

"Ah science bullshit. What's the time again...? Awwww hell naw"

Acquire mop. Clean up the mess in my bar
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

blazing glory

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 05:39:14 pm »

Use my superior size compared to your average cat to convince them that I am cat king and get them all to boot out all the dogs in the neighborhood

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 08:23:51 pm »

Go buy KFC out of spite to being fired from McDonalds
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12