Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! II  (Read 62113 times)

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! II
« Reply #510 on: June 30, 2015, 02:08:06 am »

'Twas a beautiful fight! ;D Good luck, Princess!
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 30, 2015, 02:57:30 am »

Ah, great Semi-finals! aand an interesting pair of gladiators facing off, too! Snake versus ant, ever so odd.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 30, 2015, 04:26:21 am »

Question for the more statistically inclined amoung us, just purely objectively, and in no way directly related to my next potential tournament gladiator entry, how terrifying would you expect a monitor lizard man wielding two great axes to be?

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 30, 2015, 08:05:59 am »

I don't know, but being amphibious, they could be cool on a map with lots of water. However, the min size to equip a great axe one-handed is 77500. Reptile-men being 50000, it might not work. No idea what the rules are for multiple heavy weapons.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 30, 2015, 08:40:46 am »

I don't know, but being amphibious, they could be cool on a map with lots of water. However, the min size to equip a great axe one-handed is 77500. Reptile-men being 50000, it might not work. No idea what the rules are for multiple heavy weapons.

Ah, but you must remember the distinction between the underground "reptile man" and the more specific "humanoidish variant of 'X'" animal men, the latter being what a monitor lizard man is. Checking the raws as according to the wiki, they clock in at a cool 80,000 urists, just large enough for the einhanding of those sweet sweet axes. A reptile man would be cool too though, the amphibious could really bail someone out. Or perhaps a plump helmet man, to survive prolonged lava dunks relatively unharmed.

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 30, 2015, 08:48:34 am »

Oh ! Well then, I don't know much about statistics but I think that a monitor lizard man with two great axes would be terrifying.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 30, 2015, 09:04:34 am »

Oh ! Well then, I don't know much about statistics but I think that a monitor lizard man with two great axes would be terrifying.
Perfect.

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 30, 2015, 10:30:41 am »

Good morning everyone, what's that delicious barbecued smell? Oh, it's poor Varick!  And holy crap, that magma pool is dangerous for the dodgers. Will Varick the Undying be patched up again or was he reduced to cinders?! Hopefully someone is really good with the glue! I look forward to killing him again...

Thud scratched the hand of the King. Royally unacceptable and the King was quite shaken up about it! Or was that Thud? Yes, Thud was shaken around by it! Thud was shaken around by it! Thud was shaken around by it! Thud was shaken around by it! Thud was shaken around by it! Thud was shaken around by it! Thud was shaken around by it!

(Technical note: I'm not sure if upgrades got through, the gladiator stats posted before the match seem to be pre-upgrade and no sign of steel gauntlets, which may have helped me because I didn't spend my skills. Though, my pregame testing hinted that Thud had no chance to win in a classic match even with his upgrades. If he swapped his steel sword with an adamantium one, it would be an even fight (assuming I upgraded dodge))

In any case, leftover from previous round was 211.4 points, so this King of the Desert should have a whopping 672.8 points for the final match against the princess who will (probably) never be queen.

After determining that armor and other skills are completely useless here, Tuticane sells his steel armor and dons his Adamantine Crown.

Roll out the bloody carpet for King Tuticane!

-King Tuticane- managed by _italics_/xub313
Serpent Man (250 points)
[Equipment]
Adamantine helm
[Skills]
Grand Master Dodger
High Master Biter
Grand Master Armor user

Spoiler: Upgrade details (click to show/hide)

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 30, 2015, 11:00:39 am »

Question for the more statistically inclined amoung us, just purely objectively, and in no way directly related to my next potential tournament gladiator entry, how terrifying would you expect a monitor lizard man wielding two great axes to be?

Not at home now, but I can run a few statistical tests tomorrow if you show me the variations. However, my earlier testing indicated that the kobolds seemed to fare better with one dagger and more skill than with two, but then again my testing used to have a lot of flaws. Probably still does.

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 30, 2015, 11:02:52 am »

Oh hey, it's the amazing artist Foxtrot! (Rolling 1d20 for flattery skill check) While we're waiting for the arena master, perhaps you could draw up the regal armored serpent anxiously waiting to sink his teeth into some delicious Thud flesh? <3

Of course!
Here is an image of King Tuticane in his steel armor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Absolutely awesome! Thanks!

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 30, 2015, 06:36:18 pm »

Not at home now, but I can run a few statistical tests tomorrow if you show me the variations. However, my earlier testing indicated that the kobolds seemed to fare better with one dagger and more skill than with two, but then again my testing used to have a lot of flaws. Probably still does.

Maybe i'll start with one axe and more skill, then pick up a second axe once my skill is notably high.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 01, 2015, 06:19:59 am »

Cmon Unraveller, we're ready as anything. Bracing ourselves, all that jazz. Hit us!

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 01, 2015, 07:57:40 am »

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 01, 2015, 10:15:37 am »

Here's a backstage view of my test arena before the cleaning crews set in.

(Not shown: Dwarven Fortress where the completely voluntary test subjects are recruited)

This is after 1000 fights between Monty vs. Ilpi. As a reward, the winner is slain, of course. Don't want old injuries to interfere with the !!SCIENCE!!. So in total there are 2000 corpses and countless body parts here. If you were wondering what that 2 in the peaceful meadow is, it's Dark Gnome 344's right lower arm. Actually all the body parts outside the arena are Dark Gnome body parts, but there's also a decent amount of human blood outside.

(For FPS reasons, all liquids were removed and usually the arena is cleaned between fights)

I was wondering if drgnlord made a mistake in his simulator, or find out exactly how lucky Monty was to win that fight. Indeed he was incredibly lucky. After 4000 simulated fights, I found that Dark Gnome 3730 managed to beat the human battle axe wielder. If the probability is indeed 1/4000, that's like getting 12 tails in a row with a fair coin or getting Four of a kind in five card stud poker. Not impossible, but very lucky!

Here's some data which shows what happens to the win ratio when whip skill is increased:
Spoiler: Monty vs Ilpi (click to show/hide)

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 01, 2015, 10:41:07 am »

Here's a backstage view of my test arena before the cleaning crews set in.

(Not shown: Dwarven Fortress where the completely voluntary test subjects are recruited)

This is after 1000 fights between Monty vs. Ilpi. As a reward, the winner is slain, of course. Don't want old injuries to interfere with the !!SCIENCE!!. So in total there are 2000 corpses and countless body parts here. If you were wondering what that 2 in the peaceful meadow is, it's Dark Gnome 344's right lower arm. Actually all the body parts outside the arena are Dark Gnome body parts, but there's also a decent amount of human blood outside.

(For FPS reasons, all liquids were removed and usually the arena is cleaned between fights)

I was wondering if drgnlord made a mistake in his simulator, or find out exactly how lucky Monty was to win that fight. Indeed he was incredibly lucky. After 4000 simulated fights, I found that Dark Gnome 3730 managed to beat the human battle axe wielder. If the probability is indeed 1/4000, that's like getting 12 tails in a row with a fair coin or getting Four of a kind in five card stud poker. Not impossible, but very lucky!

Here's some data which shows what happens to the win ratio when whip skill is increased:
Spoiler: Monty vs Ilpi (click to show/hide)

Blimey charlie. That's, uh. An awful lot of dead gnomes.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37