Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2209355 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Short 'i'. Rhymes with 'snip-snip'.

Except with a backwards inflection. Must be European.

@Talvi: I thought Vanya was supposed to be kinda pathetic. Sort of like early Bilbo Baggins, relying on the dwarves and wizards to survive. O'course, I've still only read four chapters and I have to solder my flashdrive back together before I continue. This is a challenge. I have never had to repair this small a circuit-board. Anyone know how easy it is to heat damage flash memory? Cos I might have to use mercury and a gas-mask to back up my data. ( The biggest problem is the two data traces, the tabs were ripped off of the board because they were melted to the pins. It's ironic how easy the ground shield's mounting knots will rip off of the board but the pins are so amazingly attached that they take the copper tabs with them. ) In case anyone's wondering, I sat on it.

@Everyone: Have any of you had this problem before?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Yes. I fixed it by moving my recovered backups to my new flash drive, but I'm guessing that that's not an option... And I've soldered many things, but never circuitry that intricate. It *should* be fine if you keep the iron to a low heat.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Yes. I fixed it by moving my recovered backups to my new flash drive, but I'm guessing that that's not an option... And I've soldered many things, but never circuitry that intricate. It *should* be fine if you keep the iron to a low heat.

Mm... I might have to borrow my P-paw's soldering iron then, cos mine only has one heat setting. I think it's the lowest though. ( Now that I think of it, I left mine at his house anyway. ) And yeah, I need jeweler's glasses and my own roll of solder. Also, I had to move forward in the Ringo McClellan story, because that, along with all my other vital stuff, was on the drive. Mm... At any rate, I need to stop using flash-drives with enough surface area to easily destroy. Or always use a USB extension cord. On the upshot, I think I posted everything I had finished before I broke it last night.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

By whatever amount of authourity happens to be vested in me, the official pronunciation of 'Everoc' is now 'shmip-shmip', emphasis on the second shmip.
Why is this? Or is it only for a certain language that is not dwarven, english or there variants?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

@Talvi:

I consider Vanya an Regular Joe turned Badass- she reacts to things the way a civilian would, but will fight for what she believes in. She isn't so much dependant on others as she is willing to accept a hand- 'Can't hurt, right?' sort of deal.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

I think the most interesting thing about Vanya is that she isn't an arrogant "elfy knows best" cutout that views technology as eeeeevile. But then again, if she was, she'd hardly have survived Spearbreakers for very long.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:48:41 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Part 3:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since there's so much Spearbreakers discussion, it's obviously still alive and kicking. Why doesn't somebody start a sequel fortress?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

NEW DRINKING GAME: Drink every time someone asks the above question.

Splint said that the sequel will be a thing once the next major version of DF is released and stable, which based on Toady's track record could be anytime from next June to the heat death of the universe. Or Ragnarok, whichever comes first.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Splint said that the sequel will be a thing once the next major version of DF is released and stable, which based on Toady's track record could be anytime from next June to the heat death of the universe. Or Ragnarok, whichever comes first.

Ragnarok was supposed to be February 24 this year.
I was rather disappointed.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Ragnarok was supposed to be February 24 this year.

God damn it why do I always hear about all the cool events after the fact

Well, I guess this one was cancelled anyways, so whatever.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

In regards to the recent pronunciation discussion... I don't think an 'official' pronunciation for Everoc was ever given, and I don't much care about whatever 1d4chan or whatever says.

By whatever amount of authourity happens to be vested in me, the official pronunciation of 'Everoc' is now 'shmip-shmip', emphasis on the second shmip.
Unless Splint directly opposes this, I consider it headcanon now. :P Careful of abusing your power, Mr Frog. lol   (Actually, more seriously, I think it would be pretty difficult to change what I call it, after calling it "Everoc" for so long - kind of like I can't help but pronounce Lolfail's name as "Lol, fail" instead of "erhail" or... whatever he said.)

@Talvi: I thought Vanya was supposed to be kinda pathetic. Sort of like early Bilbo Baggins, relying on the dwarves and wizards to survive. O'course, I've still only read four chapters and I have to solder my flashdrive back together before I continue.
She outdoes Bilbo Baggins as far as relying on others by chapter 8. She can rely on herself, but only when circumstances permit it. (personally, 7 and 8 are a couple of my favorite chapters. my very favorite is probably 27 (so far), though (and do NOT skip ahead to read it, because it contains MAJOR SPOILERS.)

@Talvi:

I consider Vanya an Regular Joe turned Badass- she reacts to things the way a civilian would, but will fight for what she believes in. She isn't so much dependant on others as she is willing to accept a hand- 'Can't hurt, right?' sort of deal.
Heh, this made my day. :P Thanks, TalonisWolf. And yeah, she's willing to accept a hand. She relies on herself whenever circumstances permit. (It actually deeply surprised me how much character development she's undergone, when I suddenly realized it... I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.)

Spoiler: only just saw this (click to show/hide)

Since there's so much Spearbreakers discussion, it's obviously still alive and kicking. Why doesn't somebody start a sequel fortress?
Because DF2014, and because I'm hard at work actually wrapping it up - at least Vanya's part.

Ragnarok was supposed to be February 24 22 this year.
Actually, it was a director from a British museum (primarily featuring Viking-related exhibits) trying to stir up people for an annual event that was going to happen on (shocker) February 22nd. Needless to say, she succeeded. Don't worry, we haven't missed Ragnarok yet.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, who demoted the frog?

He is now a janitor instead of a mad scientist according to his thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Right, who demoted the frog?

He is now a janitor instead of a mad scientist according to his thing.
It's been like that for a long time. I actually miss him being a respectable sort of psychopath. I'm also surprised he has something that looks suspiciously like a meme as his avatar... Something is afoot.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has The Master been sending out his minions again?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 815