Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2213188 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Guys, I'm letting you know in case you don't seem my thread about it, we need to get our petition pants on and pretend like we've got democratic freedom.

http://imgur.com/a/KuERk#
https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp

Take it elsewhere, bro. This is the spearbreakers thread, not the "oh god the transpacific partnership" thread.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Guys, I'm letting you know in case you don't seem my thread about it, we need to get our petition pants on and pretend like we've got democratic freedom.

http://imgur.com/a/KuERk#
https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp

Take it elsewhere, bro. This is the spearbreakers thread, not the "oh god the transpacific partnership" thread.
XD About Spearbreakers, have I already signed up for the turn list?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

*poke*
There was activity, and then there wasn't...
Has anyone been doing anything?
*looks at Talvieno expectantly, as if expecting some writing*
((Seriously, write more Vanya.  Please.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

The thread has ups and downs in activity like this.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Yep. This is one of the biggest zombie threads on the forums and I am its least valuable contributor. I contribute a lot of nothing that merely serves to mark its tiny spasms of movement in between lumbering after the fresh brain of a new reader. Yet, since I actually did write a tiny short story for it over a year ago, I still technically count as being a contributor... All of which to say, have no fear, this thing will start moving again when it feels like.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No sweat on a damn thing.

And yeah, this thread is probably one of the biggest zombies ever. Even pulping us didn't keep us down! Fitting though, considering what a massive thorn in our side necromancers were.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Yep. This is one of the biggest zombie threads on the forums and I am its least valuable contributor. I contribute a lot of nothing that merely serves to mark its tiny spasms of movement in between lumbering after the fresh brain of a new reader. Yet, since I actually did write a tiny short story for it over a year ago, I still technically count as being a contributor... All of which to say, have no fear, this thing will start moving again when it feels like.
I certainly hope it feels like moving soon.
And that Talvieno is driving.
MORE VANYA STORY.  DEW EET.

Ooh, ninja.
Yep, the necromancers.
They live.
And they keep this thread alive.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On that note, time to shill elf invasion. Going to be making a release on it tomorrow with functioning jungle horrors (probably going to rename them to cave/forest/jungle beasts,) display cases, and rival dwarves battling you, taking advantage of the invasion to strengthen their hold on region minerals and dwarf-made trade rights. I'd appreciate the people to play test it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

On that note, time to shill elf invasion. Going to be making a release on it tomorrow with functioning jungle horrors (probably going to rename them to cave/forest/jungle beasts,) display cases, and rival dwarves battling you, taking advantage of the invasion to strengthen their hold on region minerals and dwarf-made trade rights. I'd appreciate the people to play test it.
...Hoo boy.
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Hoo boy.

What, don't like the prospect of fighting dwarves as greedy as ours? :P

Man, I wish there was a setting to trigger constant attacks after you discover adamantine (everyone you're in conflict with wants that metal!)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...Hoo boy.

Man, I wish there was a setting to trigger constant attacks after you discover adamantine (everyone you're in conflict with wants that metal!)
Also, no, I was thinking about what I'd do if I had unlimited coding skillz.  I'd have THEM start a fortress.  On YOUR map.
There's a trigger on adamantine, if the Toady One didn't remove it and I understand how the old triggers for king acquisition worked.
Heck, I KNOW there's a trigger, it pops the message.
So set up something that looks for that being called up.
And then mess with siege parameters or something.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:37:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Hoo boy.

Also, no, I was thinking about what I'd do if I had unlimited coding skillz.  I'd have THEM start a fortress.  On YOUR map.
There's a trigger on adamantine, if the Toady One didn't remove it and I understand how the old triggers for king acquisition worked.

What your thinking of is the initial discovery of a vein/spire and it causing a premature king arrival.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...Hoo boy.

What your thinking of is the initial discovery of a vein/spire and it causing a premature king arrival.
Ah.
At the same time, it DOES show a message when you strike adamantine.
You can check if it's happened and increase siege stuff accordingly, maybe.
Maybe.
I don't know if it actually leaves a record of being called or not.
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still, if any of you have any suggestions, I'm game for'em if they aren't too hard to do fit. NOth that it'd get done quickly, since I'm working on a picture I owe someone

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Still, if any of you have any suggestions, I'm game for'em if they aren't too hard to do fit. NOth that it'd get done quickly, since I'm working on a picture I owe someone
My suggestion: Try and figure out how to do the constant sieges...Until the Clown Car.  Then everybody stays away.  NO caravans.  Clowns are scary.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 815