Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: WILD WEST SHOOTOUT! No more new players accepted~  (Read 2699 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: WILD WEST SHOOTOUT! No more new players accepted~
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2021, 02:02:19 pm »

Done.

Kashyyk, you wanna do something with those 5$ or we all ready to roll?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2021, 03:16:24 pm »

((Unless I can upgrade to a Rev 1884, there's nothing worth doing))

"I'm calling you out Sheriff Westland. This town ain't big enough for the both of us. . ."

The voice echoed through the window of the sheriff's office, suddenly the only sound to be heard on the once-busy high street. A creak of wood and leather follows, as an old, tired man kicks his feet off the desk and comes to a stand. He takes up his jacket from the back of the chair, and carefully buttons it up. Four measured paces take him to the door. He picks up his old, stained-grey hat, and adjusts his badge, before gripping the door handle and pulling.

[Cue Soundtrack]

Wooden thuds turn to dusty crunch, as Flint Westland stepped out into the sun. "The last time someone told me that Mr Quade, he gave me twenty-four hours to disappear. I put him in the ground within twelve. I'd offer you the same courtesy, but I've grown impatient in my old age." Reaching the middle of the street, he turned and faced the other man.

"So either you draw now, or you turn around and just keep walking."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2021, 03:36:25 pm »

~~THE FINALE~~

Agua Fria, 189X

At one of the street - Flint Westland.

On the other, Aleister Quade.

The church bell announced it was high noon. Which one would be the master of the town until a young hotshot passes by to challenge the status quo?...

Spoiler: Bullet 1 (click to show/hide)

Right from the start, Aleister Quade proves that, by at least a small margin, he is a better shooter and better fighter.

But Flint Westland does not flinch, and the fight continues!

Spoiler: Bullet 2 (click to show/hide)

Aleister Quade suffers a bullet to his gut, and in return lodges another of his bullets in Flint Westland's body!

Both bleeding and weary, they nonetheless prepare to shoot once more, knowing that only one will walk from this duel alive!...

Spoiler: Bullet 3 (click to show/hide)

Third bullet thundered through the town, and smashed into Flint Westland's chest!

Heaving and coughing blood, the gunslinger slips to the ground and a moment later, his soul escapes the bullet-riddled body on its journey into the afterlife.

Aleister Quade! That is the name of the new boss of the town of Agua Fria!!!

Congratulations, Unraveler!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2021, 03:52:04 pm »

Congrats Unraveler! The very first kill was yours on me, and so it's only fitting that the last went the same way.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2021, 04:19:00 pm »

The crooked business man struggles, another bullet, another wound, another gravestone for the good men that stood against his profit driven master plans. To the oligarchs, to the water barons, to the entrepreneurs of every stripe, he'd be hailed a hero. Their games of capitalism, of consumerism, of exploitation were secured under the refined old man's belt.

But to the people of the town, that slate suited man was a demon, selling their souls off to his lord and master.

"Hoist him up. . ." Aleister growled, goons flooding out of the woodwork to do his dastardly bidding. "Let em all know." He adds, managed to force himself to stand even as he's gouting blood in the dusty street. "Let em all know who's town this is!" Despite his state, the old feller managed to roar, the spitting image of a wild beast he were, without a hint of remorse.

But he'll get his comeuppance one day. We all do. As we stand, we kneel before the Lord. And when that day comes, The Gun, Jack, Dylan, even Flint and all the souls that fell into this twister of blood will stand as his jury. . .

For its simple nature, this was an exceedingly fun game actually. And not just because luck seemed to be on my side. Haha. Thanks!
I've lost control of my life.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2021, 04:47:44 pm »

Yeah did enjoy the game hope and another one of these is done in the future. (although Dylan really lived up to the nickname by surviving to third place simply by not being picked once lol)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2021, 04:56:03 pm »

I really liked this game. Thanks for running it, Haspen!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2021, 11:50:49 pm »

Yeah did enjoy the game hope and another one of these is done in the future. (although Dylan really lived up to the nickname by surviving to third place simply by not being picked once lol)

I'm mulling an idea of turning this into some sort of mini-RPG, we will see where this system goes.
SigFlags!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2021, 07:24:53 pm »

This ending seems fitting.  The final showdown between the Honest Sheriff and the Family Boss.  And like real life, it doesn't always favor the true and righteous.
I watched enough Gunsmoke to know that most Sheriffs ain't Marshal Dillon (ergo, the MARSHAL part).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2021, 07:54:12 pm »

Where I'd take this would be to let people set up gangs, have fights between groups, area control of different districts. Pistol duels may make for an interesting anecdote, but history is made at the muzzle of a rifle. :)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2021, 02:06:56 am »

That was my earlier idea, too. I will tinker with this for sure.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]