Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 677868 times)

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, home of the first and best Pimpstack.
« Reply #2160 on: September 28, 2014, 12:24:19 pm »

Holy crap you're alive.

Hypothetically, if Tarmid were to ask your dwarf about Steelhold, how much of the truth would he get?

All of it, with a warning that "I was insane. Then I became depressed. I cannot promise I have remembered everything correctly."
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: September 28, 2014, 12:29:13 pm »

The question then becomes "Would anyone actually believe the amount of crazy in the truth, or just assume that they're being lied to?"
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: September 28, 2014, 12:38:04 pm »

Too true.

Journal entry of the fractal entity:

Whoever keeps reading this, please stop leaving it on the chair.  It belongs on the desk, thank you.

This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: September 28, 2014, 12:44:36 pm »

Too true.

Journal entry of the fractal entity:

Whoever keeps reading this, please stop leaving it on the chair.  It belongs on the desk, thank you.

The hilarious moment when you've been the one reading it offhandedly and then forgetting about it due to your characters eccentricity.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: September 28, 2014, 12:52:23 pm »

The question then becomes "Would anyone actually believe the amount of crazy in the truth, or just assume that they're being lied to?"

I feel like it's a good time to remind everyone that my character is schitzo, tormented by the voices of the dead, and on copious amounts of drugs.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: September 28, 2014, 01:15:20 pm »

I feel like it's a good time to remind everyone that my character is schitzo, tormented by the voices of the dead, and on copious amounts of drugs.
So, in other words, the perfect person for Sir Brenzen to recruit :P

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: September 28, 2014, 01:33:13 pm »

...Did you forget exactly how absurd my characters backstory is, even by the standards of dwarves?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: September 28, 2014, 02:48:42 pm »

...Did you forget exactly how absurd my characters backstory is, even by the standards of dwarves?
That's a good point. It's even weirder than Flame's. At least she comes from within Dwarf Fortress.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: September 28, 2014, 03:14:57 pm »

That's a good point. It's even weirder than Flame's. At least she comes from within Dwarf Fortress.
Isn't Flame some sort of ambassador from the Demon Empire trying to negotiate peace with the dwarves of Demongate? I'd say despite most dwarves assuming that she's just insane, she's been doing a good job considering the Hellguard is actively trying to avoid a Hell breach.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: September 28, 2014, 03:49:51 pm »

That's true, but she didn't actually have anything to do with it. Except for maybe producing all the spikes lining the demons' entry hallway.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 03:51:29 pm by TheFlame52 »

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: September 28, 2014, 04:09:54 pm »

That's true, but she didn't actually have anything to do with it. Except for maybe producing all the spikes lining the demons' entry hallway.
That's just my point: she's such a good ambassador that she doesn't even need to negotiate peace; things just work out her way.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: September 28, 2014, 04:15:06 pm »

The weapon traps themselves could simply be a placebo. If the dwarves think they're safe from hell, they don't need to invade hell and there's no need for war. Flame's job is done, and no one even knows she did it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: September 28, 2014, 05:07:00 pm »

The weapon traps themselves could simply be a placebo. If the dwarves think they're safe from hell, they don't need to invade hell and there's no need for war. Flame's job is done, and no one even knows she did it.
That moment when you realize that your character is more devious than you are.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: September 28, 2014, 06:09:55 pm »

Wait a minute I think I lined that hall way with the spears and spikes in my turn plus the doors. :P

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: September 28, 2014, 06:33:50 pm »

Actually, I set up the majority of the spears, I just wasn't able to link them up to a lever before the end of my turn.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 172