Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode  (Read 123888 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubi☼ - Everything Succubus Mode
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2014, 07:04:56 am »

Oops, I'll fix those asap. I keep mistaking fooccubus and succubus in names. And the happiness < 26 should be happiness > 26, that was a bad copy/paste from berserk rage that does the opposite.

LUA is quite an easy language to play with. I moved from PHP with only a few gotchas, like the painful reintroduction of segmentation faults.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:08:00 am by Boltgun »

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2014, 07:23:55 am »

After messing around with spawn unit, it seems like it might be possible to make spawned animals show up in the animal tab.

If you make the unit, then at the end of "PlaceUnit" change it's race, it instantly transforms back into it's original race. You could make the temporary race into something like, "The flame", then the transformation message would be "The flame has transformed into a orthus". You could even send a variable through to make the function only do it if you want it to. Could even go one step further and have the variable accept a race ID to be the temporary race.

I just added
Code: [Select]
u.race = race + 1
To the end of the PlaceUnit function in spawnunit.lua, and it seems to work fine. You'll have to do some finagling with the tameness, but yeah.

I have to get some sleep before my meeting, but if there's a way to temporarily disable transformation messages for the split second that it takes for the spawned unit to change back to it's original state, then that's even better.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:40:10 am by omniclasm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2014, 10:14:09 am »

Where does the foocubus name come from, anyway?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:43 am »

Where does the foocubus name come from, anyway?

Earlier versions when I did not tag with a gendered name, they where 'lust demons' and everything internally was named fooccubus. There is some renaming to do there.  :P

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 01:56:39 pm »

Tentacle monsters?! AW HELL NAW! *runs*
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 04:35:49 pm »

Those poor creatures are so misunderstood...

Joke aside, I imported the prisoner conversion from the deep succubi. So prisoners will transform into half breed depending of their race. All these caste have some feature of the former race with some now bonus and flaws added. After some testing that will be in the released.

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2014, 02:59:08 am »

Those poor creatures are so misunderstood...

Joke aside, I imported the prisoner conversion from the deep succubi. So prisoners will transform into half breed depending of their race. All these caste have some feature of the former race with some now bonus and flaws added. After some testing that will be in the released.
Will this include masterwork races (orcs, drow, etc.) or just the vanilla ones for now?

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2014, 04:24:59 am »

I simply love the Chinese Succubi (yum yum dog meat). Mass murdering Orthusus in the name of soul-profit. My entire fortress runs around these lovely two headed dogs. I only wish I could know how to use their blood for booze too. Hahaha
I know it is OP, but deep inside I wish that you never fix the issue. D:

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2014, 04:19:04 pm »

I simply love the Chinese Succubi (yum yum dog meat). Mass murdering Orthusus in the name of soul-profit. My entire fortress runs around these lovely two headed dogs. I only wish I could know how to use their blood for booze too. Hahaha

Enjoy while it last, the reagents for the summoning will be changed to a chain and a bracelet. At least you would not be able to butcher them on repeat.

I tested and debugged the prisoner corruption, the strange thing is that once transformed they do not appear in the unit listing, nowhere. They are available to be appointed noble or in the military and they follow orders as they should. They are even in dwarf therapist once freed from their cages.

I also tested fire immunity, it does not mark them as dead so I guess that's one less bug.

Edit : I freed more of the corrupted prisoners, one of them is in the unit list, not the others. I think it's the leader, who is an historical figure. The others should have received their hf entry so I don't really understand.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2014, 07:08:17 pm »

Enjoy while it last, the reagents for the summoning will be changed to a chain and a bracelet. At least you would not be able to butcher them on repeat.

Chain and bracelet seems pretty steep...I don't even know how to make bracelets off the top of my head.

I was thinking it would make sense for all summoning to require a soul. It would increase the baseline slightly across the board, but would cut down on the soul farming from it. Maybe a Soul + Meat + Chain for Orthi? All are fairly low tier, plus it would cut drastically into the soul farming from Orthi.

Also, has any attention been given to my post about making summoned animals show up on the animal list? Brief transformations make them show up after they change back. If you could force hide the announcement and only do it immediately after they are summoned (by changing their race), then that problem would be fixed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:10:38 pm by omniclasm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2014, 07:10:56 pm »

force hide the announcement
the transformation announcements are optional, you can turn them off in the GUI, first page.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2014, 08:26:44 pm »

After playing a while more (with restraint in my Orthi Butchery) I can say for certain requiring souls for every summoning would be viable. Sadly though, I have no idea how to build a "Well of Souls", nor how to get the souls of wild animals and invaders. (I tried to post this early, but 3G...)

Also, a suggestion: Make dwarves, elves, humans and goblins drop special souls (could expand onto the other MDF races too). You'd use them to summon special demons: Greed Demon (50 dorf souls), Envy Demon (50 elf souls), Pride Demon (50 human souls) and Wrath Demon (50 goblin souls).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:43:53 pm by fucduck »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2014, 08:36:48 pm »

Any butchered animal will leave a soul. And dwarves, elves, humans and goblins, etc already leave specific souls.

Well of Souls affects the worker, who will target a nearby lying corpse and turns it into a soul.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2014, 08:57:41 pm »

Well of Souls is under e instead of w, fucduck.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »

Well of Souls is under e instead of w, fucduck.

OMFG! This Mod is HUGE! I've managed to get through without ever touching that section. So many things...
By the way (it is probably on this new tab), how do I forge a sawblade. There are four centaur corpses waiting for it hehe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43