Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3827 3828 [3829] 3830 3831 ... 3837

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5891566 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #57420 on: October 27, 2023, 03:27:35 am »

Is the redwall mod only on steam or am I just missing it, because I can't find it here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57421 on: October 27, 2023, 04:00:38 am »

Is the redwall mod only on steam or am I just missing it, because I can't find it here.

I think it's only on Steam.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2933312584&searchtext=

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57422 on: October 27, 2023, 05:28:12 am »

Dang, oh well I couldn't play around with it anyway since I haven't messed with the steam versions yet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #57423 on: October 28, 2023, 10:30:35 pm »

After 21 years of fortress activity, the biggest family in my fortress of Heroochre belongs to Sodel "the Great" Boltwhipped, legendary weaponsmith, and his wife Bėmbul Blushedchambers, legendary engraver and ex-Ochre Knight. They have a whopping six kids, 4 of whom were born on site. One of their daughters, Dėgel Silverlabored, is an Honorblade of the Doctrinal Scars squad, and she wields a masterwork adamantine sword made by her father, which she dubbed Counsellulled the Breaker of Morasses. Dėgel replaced one of two Honorblades who died fighting a towering crimson lizard that sprayed webs.

It seems like dwarves do more relationship building when they're socializing in small rooms rather than large ones, because the amount of friends the dwarves have on average looks like it has gone up since creating general 9x9 guild halls for the labor groups despite having a 30x30 decked-out tavern that they've spent years chilling in. They tend to stand next to each other more often in those guild halls, in these little clusters as they're gathered around for skill demonstrations.
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #57424 on: October 29, 2023, 06:32:56 am »

A fire breathing titan arrived and while burning all the pastured animals outside the fort, managed to burn itself to death.  But not before also starting an embark wide forest fire.  Now to see if unintentional tree destruction by fire angers either the elves or the local wildlife!

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57425 on: October 29, 2023, 08:06:46 am »

I have questions about my parent civilisation in my modded fort of drows.

Immigrants keep arriving with... curious... skill sets.

A Master bone carver/bone doctor, a master surgeon/butcher, a master suturer/clothesmaker, and a skilled wound dresser/book binder are four of my higher skilled medical staff.

Also got an armourer who was also a highly skilled comedian for some reason. Armour with comedic attachments, perhaps ?  ???

And someone who was a skilled furnace operator, wood burner, glassmaker, and potter. I guess they just like things being on fire ?  ???

Vilkku92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57426 on: October 30, 2023, 09:33:55 am »

Goblins just sent a force of 70+ soldiers to ask for my mayor's unremarkable iron battle axe with a name. I gave it to them because it was about time for him to upgrade his weaponry. Still, the largest force of goblins I've seen since unretiring and they ask for an iron axe they can make themselves in bulk. :-\

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57427 on: October 30, 2023, 12:39:01 pm »

Goblins just sent a force of 70+ soldiers to ask for my mayor's unremarkable iron battle axe with a name. I gave it to them because it was about time for him to upgrade his weaponry. Still, the largest force of goblins I've seen since unretiring and they ask for an iron axe they can make themselves in bulk. :-\

Maybe they just wanted to learn your traps location, under any pretext? ;)

Anyway, was the mayor attached to the axe? I wonder if he is sad after parting with it.

Vilkku92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57428 on: October 30, 2023, 01:04:31 pm »

Anyway, was the mayor attached to the axe? I wonder if he is sad after parting with it.
He was, that's why it had a name. Must have been one of the first axes I made decades ago before finding marble. Haven't seen any negative thoughts about it, so I don't know if he's sad about it.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57429 on: October 31, 2023, 03:41:54 pm »

He was, that's why it had a name. Must have been one of the first axes I made decades ago before finding marble. Haven't seen any negative thoughts about it, so I don't know if he's sad about it.

Huh, I thought it would be hard to get an attached object from the soldier, and just give it to questers (or change it for another objecty). After reading it, I changed weapon of my master lasher, from the iron whip he liked, to divine metal artefact whip - and it worked. He changed almost all other gear at the same time, but no bad thoughts.

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57430 on: November 04, 2023, 03:57:37 am »

Right; so after my last fort fell to a Moss Agate FB with Deadly Dust because a bridge decided to not go up...

I've made a new fort in the same world. During the 3 years my previous fort lived I noticed one of the Dwarf Civs entered war with an Elf civ, so I chose that Civ to do my duty to Armok.

I made my exterior defences out of wood; just to cause emotional damage to any Elf who dared attack. It took 2 years for the first Seige; and that was Goblins. And by Goblins I mean a squad of 10 poorly-armed invaders with 5 Dwarves. One of which was literally unarmed and got mauled by the local Capybaras he decided to try and punch, to the point his ribs were mangled beyond recognition.

The first Elf Ambush was also quite dissapointing. Just about 10 Elves. By this point I had a equipped Copper military [No Iron].

A FB showed up in the Deep Pit; and it was a Fire-breatheing Swallow. It never reached my fort however. When I got to Cavern 2 there was ashes all over the place, but I never found the beast or it's corpse. I assume it moved on.

I kept digging deeper, and an Ettin showed up, which one of my Axedwarves encountered while outside. I do not know why UristMcAxeman was outside, but he slew the Ettin in single combat with no injury. A cyclops also showed up and I captured this one, putting it in a triggered cage in a little hole in the ground for the next time the Elves visited.

Another Goblin Seige; this one still with about 10 goblins but they also brought ~10 trolls and 15 Beak Dogs. I lost 1 Dwarf to this, who decided to ignore orders to pick off 2 lone trolls and then retreat, and instead charged into the main goblin army. Alone.

Then I found some tin. Metalwise my fort has Copper, a TON of Silver [I made 90 Silver Maces for weapon traps and still have tons of Silver], gold and no Iron. So for the first time I start making Bronze, and start equipping my military with Bronze.

Another Cyclops comes and is captured. Both females. I begin hauling the heavy cage to the site and... Elf ambush.

This one much larger. At least 30 Elves, 20 Horses, 15 War Bears, the first experiment I have ever seen [An ex-Dwarf... with Elves] and some Jaguars.

I release the single Cyclops I have set up upon them as my first line of defense. She punches two Jaguars that were ahead of the army to death, before getting swarmed by 2 Grizzlies and 10 Elves while she passes out from the effort of walking ~15 tiles and punching two big cats. The cyclops dies.

But not before spooking all of the Horses.

And with the Horses panicking, this apparently breaks the Elven morale and this big army of 50+ units, which has only lost 2 Jaguars and 3 units to some random animal-captureing cage traps I have dotted about, all flee. After killing the Cyclops.

I didn't even get to try out The Pulverisiser; or my new Bronze gear. Neither did the Cyclops get to murder any Elves. I mean I still have a Cyclops and now know unleashing it on Elves who bring Horses just... immediately sends them home. But still. Worse, the Dwarf-turned Elf escaped. My newly-promoted Axe-Lord [The one who killed the Ettin] also didn't get to fight.

Anyway, I still have enough Bronze, and there;s a bunch of Peasants and Fish Cleaners in my fort. So I'm working on gear for a squad of Speardwarves.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57431 on: November 09, 2023, 06:18:48 am »

edit: John Lennon was killed by an enraged giant grizzly bear

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #57432 on: November 09, 2023, 07:12:51 am »

I can't believe DF would reenact the Mark Chapman incident.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57433 on: November 09, 2023, 10:42:43 am »

edit: John Lennon was killed by an enraged giant grizzly bear

Haha, brilliant!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57434 on: November 10, 2023, 03:31:28 am »

Guess Mark Chapman is a bear in the world of Dwarf Fortress, wonder what Yoko Ono would have been if she had bothered to show up and break up the band before Lennon was killed.
Pages: 1 ... 3827 3828 [3829] 3830 3831 ... 3837