Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 289377 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 1
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2014, 01:06:07 pm »

Tomahawks would be pretty interesting, since they could be reused.  Or ask for a grenade!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2014, 01:32:52 pm »

I wonder if I can get me a drink here. You think they have they have Duff here?
See if there's a way to spend DD on beverages or snacks.
Sure? If you wanna spend your money on such things. It will be fairly cheap.
Why, for getting my hands on cheap projectiles of course.

Buy however many glass bottles of beer I can get for 1 DD.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2014, 01:40:19 pm »

Do what this man does.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2014, 01:46:24 pm »

Allen Marc - Red team

"GOD DAMN IT! HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?!?"

Concentrate on dodging the balls. After blue team has thrown them, return the favor at both of them rapid like

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2014, 02:44:39 pm »

The three inch long metal spikes of the red ball sink themselves into Magarth's face and tear away most of his skin and a good deal of flesh from the right side of his head. The ball rebounds off his skull and goes sailing away in a lazy arc, trailing blood and skin behind it.
Ernie stands up in his chair a this marvelous display of sportmanship.

"BOYAAAAAAAAAA! Hels yeah, now we're getting our money's worth!"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:27:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2014, 02:51:46 pm »

"YES! IN YOUR FACE RED TEAM!"

He turns to the man besides him

"You know, this is all fine and well, but we just went from pressure plates, to tasers, to fall on spikes to the face. I hope they'll be able to keep up the pace, and not, you know, have the level of violence reach its maximum too early. Seeing people getting gored the same way over and over is rather boring, after all."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2014, 03:02:17 pm »

HOW MUCH IS FOOD? I WANT TO OUT EAT THAT OTHER GUY!
"BLUE TEAM! BLUE TEAM!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2014, 03:05:14 pm »

"YES! IN YOUR FACE RED TEAM!"

He turns to the man besides him

"You know, this is all fine and well, but we just went from pressure plates, to tasers, to fall on spikes to the face. I hope they'll be able to keep up the pace, and not, you know, have the level of violence reach its maximum too early. Seeing people getting gored the same way over and over is rather boring, after all."

Ernie turns to high five his friend next to him in exitcement.
"Eh, don't worry, they'll keep up. Hell, I bet that guy will be up and running again for the next round."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:28:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2014, 03:15:20 pm »

"Eh, don't worry, they'll keep up. Hell, I bet that guy will be up and running again for the next round."

Bert, not one to leave someone hanging, high fives the man next to him.

"You're probably right. I mean, it was just his face after all."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:28:37 pm by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2014, 03:20:43 pm »

Bert, not one to leave someone hanging, high fives the man next to him.

"You're probably right. I mean, it was just his face after all."

"Yeah, and it was an ugly son of a gun to, so no losses there."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:28:14 pm by Radio Controlled »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2014, 03:46:00 pm »

Examine the infirmary.  Look for things I could steal that are potentially useful.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2014, 04:14:25 pm »

RED TEAM:
Allen Marc - Red team

"GOD DAMN IT! HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?!?"

Concentrate on dodging the balls. After blue team has thrown them, return the favor at both of them rapid like

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BLUE TEAM

((Hooray for incompetence. Also, sorry about not having the character sheet. Got it now.))

Mason watches as the yellow ball sails over his head. "Thanks for returning that." He shouts over to the red side, before going to pick up the ball again.

Pick up the YELLOW ball and throw it at the last remaining RED guy. Try to time it so that it is thrown at around the same time as Larry if Larry throws a ball, but from a different angle.
Pick up the YELLOW ball and throw it at the last remaining RED guy. Try to time it so that it is thrown at around the same time as Larry if Larry throws a ball, but from a different angle.

Follow this plan with the BLUE ball.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Hey, are there guns to shoot at the contestants?

The fat man wobbles in excitement.
"Of course sir. The cheapest would be a revolver for 30 deadman dollars."

I'm glad customer service is high priority here.

Larry and Mason both grab their chosen ball and hurl them at Allen at the same time, but from different angles. Allen manages to dodge Larry's blue ball, but catches the Mason's yellow ball straight to the chest and contorts violently as it pumps electricity into his body. After a few seconds he finally collapses, still twitching, to the ground with a fresh electrical burn on his chest and smoke leaking from a black scorch mark in his jump suit.

A loud airhorn sounds and the center divider jerks up into the air, separating the two zones. The Host, high up on his vantage point, opens his arms to the crowd and gestures wildly as they applaud.

It's all over folks, and the Blue team has won! Thats right, with half it's members remaining, the Blue Barbarians have secured a tidy victory for themselves. And not only that, but two of their members,
He gestures down toward Larry and Mason, Have won first and second place!

The Host vaults off the clear catwalk and drops 10 feet to land effortlessly next to Mason and Larry. At the same time, Allen, still looking only semi-conscious, is carried out by two burly stage hands, his arms around their shoulders and his feet dragging limply behind him. He is dragged over next to Mason and Larry so that they form a neat little line and the Host steps in front of them, still smiling up at the audience.

Of course, third place goes to Allen. He gets himself a whole 2 points!
The Host pats Allen on the shoulder Good effort. Second place, and three points, goes to Mason here. He survived just as long as Larry, but wasn't nearly as proactive. Remember Mason, fortune favors the bold. And finally, in first place, He stops here for a moment to motion for more applause Larry! Congratulations Larry! You not only get a whole FIVE points, but one randomly selected prize! And that prize is... A drum roll plays and the Host contorts his face into an exaggerated mask of anticipation A BRAND NEW REVOLVER! He whips the revolver out of an inside pocket of his suit and holds it in the air for all to see.Yes, this chrome plated, double-action beauty comes complete with 6 hollow point rounds all loaded and ready for immediate use. And it's all yours, Larry. He hands the weapon to Larry. Use it in good health. He gives Larry a hard pat on the shoulder before smiling up at the cameras. Stay tuned folks, because after this commercial break, we've got Navarro in his punishment game!

Nathan Schmidt says he's got your best interest in mind. He says he wants to roll back taxes. He says he wants to increase freedom of speech and reinstate the right to assemble. He says he wants to make this a government for the ordinary citizen, not a plutocracy which seeks only to protect the wealth of it's richest citizens.

But let me ask you something? Are you gonna listen to a man whose last name sounds dangerously close to Shit?

Paid for by the foundation to get Nathan Schmidt Assassinated.

Welcome back ladies and gentleman, To DEAD MAN RUNNING!

The camera pans out from The Host's grinning face to show a room that seems quite separated from the open arena of before. It's a long, brightly lit metal tunnel, with the Host on one end, in front of some sort of machine, and Navarro all the way down at the other end, standing behind a yellow and black line painted on the ground.

Now, before the break, played a nice round of Maul-ball and Navarro down there
He points down the hall Was eliminated first. And we all know what that means: He gets to play a PUNISHMENT GAME! And today's game is called Glass Cutter! The premise is very simple: Behind me, here, He points to the machine behind him with his cane, Is a pitching machine! It is designed to use a pair of spinning wheels to throw baseballs for batters to practice their swings on. Well, our engineers have modified it a bit. Now, it throws these! He holds up a foot long, jagged glass shard, which appears to have simply been roughly broken off of a pane of glass. Fun huh? Now, when I press the start button, this machine is going to start hurling shards of glass similar to this one down this hall towards Navarro. And all he has to do to complete this game is to catch one! Simple, right? How he does it isn't important, all thats important is that he catches it and holds on to it for 5 seconds without it breaking or touching the ground. Now then, NAVARRO! he shouts down the hall, GET READY! GET SET! GOOOOOOO! The host presses a button on the machine and, after a few seconds of the wheels spinning up to speed, the first shard is hurled down range with a horrifying hiss.

AUDIENCE

You get 3 glass bottles of beer for 1 deadman dollar.

Do what this man does.
You get the same.

BETS

Swordsmith: 4 on Blue team win (1.5 payout) WINNER! You get 6 Deadman Dollars! (Remember to subtract the original 4 you bet before adding these 6 that you won)

Xan: 3 on TCM (Winner 3x payout)
Pancaek: 2 on Kriellya (Survival 1.5 payout)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2014, 04:20:03 pm »

As he takes the gun, Larry holds it forward and pretends to fire it, making "bang bang" noises.

Go team blue!  Will we keep the same teams, assuming a team game comes up?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2014, 04:31:29 pm »

As he takes the gun, Larry holds it forward and pretends to fire it, making "bang bang" noises.

Go team blue!  Will we keep the same teams, assuming a team game comes up?
Yep, you stay on the team you're given.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »

A loud airhorn sounds and the center divider jerks up into the air, separating the two zones. The Host, high up on his vantage point, opens his arms to the crowd and gestures wildly as they applaud.
Ernie sits down as the applauding dies out.
"Well, I'd say we're off to a good start today. Whaddda'ya think, Bert?"
He says, while opening two of his beers and handing one to Bert so they can drink together.
"Here ya go mate, first round's on me, cheers!"

Gulp down that beer. What's the brand, by the way?

(I take it there are big screens in te stadium for the audience to follow?

Also, will there ever be more than 2 teams? If no, then I think betting on a team losing should pay out as much as betting on a team winning, since one losing automatically means the other winning. Or do ties count as both teams losing?)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:36:51 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 153