Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 47584 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2016, 09:27:25 pm »

Pick  a direction perpendicular to the moon and in  a direction opposite of the side of a tree covered in moss, as such using basic patterns in nature this should lead to the north due to how moss grows and how the moon rises and sets.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2016, 10:26:08 pm »

Cho-Ja

Peek out of the pot, but dont actually leave it unless someone makes a move to harm or trap me.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2016, 10:30:12 pm »

Politely greet the shamans, but let Clunkers do the talking. Try the eyeball soup.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2016, 11:08:07 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

"Your brains are being confiscated by the Omega Legion!"
Hold down his weapon with mine, work on consuming his brains.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2016, 03:50:28 am »

Mordred

<I will rest for a few hours, until the wounds are closed, and then we'll set out. I was sent here along with some others to make the merc band go away. They are negotiating with those we have to protect, I figured I'll go for the money mercs were offered by the locals - gonna find it, and do something about it.>

Then back to the village it is. Knock on the door of the mill, ask for shelter, offer the little money I got now if the owner doesn't let me in right away.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2016, 02:10:11 pm »

Hom:

Turn to face somewhat towards the elf. Settle onto the ground, retracting within my shell, and focus on slowing her and her arrows down. Fling some small lumps of magic at her. If I manage to disable her for a few seconds fling some magic at the orc too.
*grumble* You're not very nice at all.. *harrumph*

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2016, 02:17:28 pm »

Clunkers, still holding his bowl of soup, adresses the shamans.

"Query: 'Being of weapons and cities'. Interesting turn of phrase. Would you care to elaborate on its meaning?
Statement: On the subject of your assistence, we need all the information you can give us. We already have a few people scouting out the mercenary positions, though I believe chances are high that they have already run into trouble. Enemy numbers, equipment, tactics, magic they use, anything is useful. Other than this, I would like to know your own capabilities, as to this shield. And, if worse comes to worst, how fast you can mobilize your people into making a tactical retreat.
Assurance: The retreat would be temporary, of course. But it may come to pass that you will all need to run away in order for us to defeat the mercenaries. Either because they advance too quickly, or because our chosen tactic would result in too much collateral damage."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2016, 03:34:20 pm »

<Once I have closed your current wounds, you should remove the conduit--the jeweled dagger in your stomach--so that I can close that wound as well.  Do not lose the conduit, as it must remain on your person to maintain our connection.

You shouldn't give gold away freely, Demontouched.  Money is power--our power--and there is no reason to throw it away so lightly.  If you must have a roof over you, allow me to talk with the owner>

Just keep healing.  Slow 'n steady.

Oh, and if Mordred offers coin in trade for shelter, I'm tempted to take control and cha roll them into granting shelter, to avoid throwing away money.  Maybe flip a coin to decide whether I stay passive, or take control?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2016, 03:55:30 pm »

Jack smiles, and his eyes widen unnaturally.
"Hehe. Just like that?
First things first, I will ask you a few questions. Number one: will you answer my questions? You can just nod."

Cultivate a feeling of helplessness in this individual.
He's pretty inert, wallowing in his own feces by now. He jerks his head forward, once, eyes wide and darting.

Pick  a direction perpendicular to the moon and in  a direction opposite of the side of a tree covered in moss, as such using basic patterns in nature this should lead to the north due to how moss grows and how the moon rises and sets.
Moss doesn't work that way, and there are three moons, but they orbit the same direction, following "the great arc", as the vast, glowing curved line stretching from horizon to horizon is sometimes known, so there's that. Anyway, north you go. In the dark. With no destination in mind. far far away from all teammates and mission objectives. ... probably the safest course, really.

Cho-Ja

Peek out of the pot, but dont actually leave it unless someone makes a move to harm or trap me.

You poke your insectoid head out of the pot, gnawing contentedly on the rim of your new shell and burbbling quietly to yourself. You have been seen, but no outcry is made. Mostly, everybeing stays as far from you as possible. Not many are gonna get much sleep tonight, it seems.

Politely greet the shamans, but let Clunkers do the talking. Try the eyeball soup.
ah, the fabled -2 charisma roll. Time for some shenani-(5) fuck. Well, You muter a graceful little "hi" and then stick the bowl of soup right up under your body and start slurping noisily. mmm, these guys sure know their eyeballs. You reach out for Clunkers' bowl, but he idly bats your tentacle away.

Clunkers, still holding his bowl of soup, adresses the shamans.

"Query: 'Being of weapons and cities'. Interesting turn of phrase. Would you care to elaborate on its meaning?
Statement: On the subject of your assistence, we need all the information you can give us. We already have a few people scouting out the mercenary positions, though I believe chances are high that they have already run into trouble. Enemy numbers, equipment, tactics, magic they use, anything is useful. Other than this, I would like to know your own capabilities, as to this shield. And, if worse comes to worst, how fast you can mobilize your people into making a tactical retreat.
Assurance: The retreat would be temporary, of course. But it may come to pass that you will all need to run away in order for us to defeat the mercenaries. Either because they advance too quickly, or because our chosen tactic would result in too much collateral damage."

the shamans sit silently through your discourse and for a minute or two after. then one leans forward and raps you on the chest with a stick, making a loud clong. "Made ... unnatural. stone melted, shaped by settled men. Hard like hammer. Death clings to you. Recent death, Being of cities and weapons.

a few moments pass again in silence, then another speaks "Shamans like us, machine like you, other magic too. How many? At least two bands of five each have come and gone within our territory" at this point another one interrupts with a coment, addressed to that shaman "another group today. At least three. that Kobold was there. They killed Krgnkrish and his family." The shaman that was addressing you remains silent through his announcement, and then all the shamans lower their heads for a moment. "Maybe twice that, but more will come."

A fourth speaks up "the shield makes us secret from hunters. Secret from you, too, if we choose. It makes their minds wander. If they find us .. we call on the spirits of nature to aid us. this helps, but the evil ones are strong like you, and find ways through. To attack ... we would leave ourselves exposed ... weak. We surely would perish."

the final shaman waits his turn, and addresses the subject of tactical retreat. "We cannot leave the herds. The herd is our life. We can hide, and move from one camp to another, but the herd must eat. not until the leaves drop can we return to the caves."
Solam Kobemtosed

"Your brains are being confiscated by the Omega Legion!"
Hold down his weapon with mine, work on consuming his brains.
You swing your sword overhand, and he blocks with his machete. You hold him still, but are unable to do other things like eat brains while holding him thus.

Hom:

Turn to face somewhat towards the elf. Settle onto the ground, retracting within my shell, and focus on slowing her and her arrows down. Fling some small lumps of magic at her. If I manage to disable her for a few seconds fling some magic at the orc too.
*grumble* You're not very nice at all.. *harrumph*
You tuck yourself into your shell, and feel quite safe from the arrows for the moment. You send a few puffs of magic, and it seems at least to delay the archer, who seems to have stopped shooting at you. While doing this, you sense something unpleasant and peek out of your shell a little. The kobold you killed is getting to it's feet, an ominous blankness to it's features. That can't be good.

Mordred

<I will rest for a few hours, until the wounds are closed, and then we'll set out. I was sent here along with some others to make the merc band go away. They are negotiating with those we have to protect, I figured I'll go for the money mercs were offered by the locals - gonna find it, and do something about it.>

Then back to the village it is. Knock on the door of the mill, ask for shelter, offer the little money I got now if the owner doesn't let me in right away.
You head back and to the mill. No lights are on. You knock on the door, and it swings slowly open. You peek inside. There is no one about, so you find a quiet corner and make yourself at home. Why not? The mill isn't attached to  a house, so no one ought to disturb you until the morning, anyway.

<Once I have closed your current wounds, you should remove the conduit--the jeweled dagger in your stomach--so that I can close that wound as well.  Do not lose the conduit, as it must remain on your person to maintain our connection.

You shouldn't give gold away freely, Demontouched.  Money is power--our power--and there is no reason to throw it away so lightly.  If you must have a roof over you, allow me to talk with the owner>

Just keep healing.  Slow 'n steady.

Oh, and if Mordred offers coin in trade for shelter, I'm tempted to take control and cha roll them into granting shelter, to avoid throwing away money.  Maybe flip a coin to decide whether I stay passive, or take control?

The door is open and no one bothers him. As long as he rests through the night, you'll be able to bind up his wounds. He should at least dress the wounds though, and they won't be fully healed overnight, but he will be able to act normally as long as he doesn't do any serious combat or acrobatics or manual labor tomorrow.

We have a few people in sleep mode, a few in diplomacy mode, and a few in combat. There are nine of you in five separate places dong seven different things, so for you sleepers, bear with me, mkay? Unless you want to do some "it's late, but before I go to bed" kind of things.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2016, 04:11:25 pm »

((Sleeping it is. Just let us know when can we jump back into it.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2016, 04:31:53 pm »

Clunkers hands his bowl to Terrance, still speaking to the shamans.

"Impressed statement: Observant of you, I did kill someone fairly recently.
Worried statement: You not being able to do a full scale retreat is unfortunate, but at least you can hide and move camps, which is someting. The fact that you can use your skills to make yourself harder to find is will help us a lot, I believe.
Statement: Though I had hoped it different, I think it will be best if you and your people focus and evading the mercenaries and staying alive, and we will take it upon us to make them dissapear, one way or another.

Query: Their numbers worry me a bit, for they outnumber us by quite a few. Still, I have some new magics that may very well aid us in eradicating those vermin. I will do calculations as to how best use my magic, but if you have suggestions due to your experience, I am all ears. So to speak."

Converse with shamans, accept their wisdow if they have any. Then do calculations as to hwo to best use the metronome to make explosions, and if it's possible to lob these explosions in an arc far away. Magic artillery, if you will.

((I don't think there's much else I can ask them. Unless anyone else has some ideas?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2016, 05:18:31 pm »

"Very good. I will ask three more questions, and then I will leave you alone.
Firstly, are you a member of that mercenary band or were you simply delivering supplies to them?

Go on, speak up."

Talk.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2016, 06:35:39 pm »

go southeast so that it places me next to where we started and brings me through the center of things
((Moss doesn't work that way, wikipedia and my boyscouts instructor lied!))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:58:54 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2016, 10:51:27 pm »

Hom:

Draw energy from the ineffable magic-stuff I drew out of the kobold. Use this energy to hurl magic, say, a bolt of deconstruction, or a dart of erasure, at the kobold. While it is thus distracted, get up and position myself so I'm not going to be surrounded by the mercs, then focus my own energies on bringing the passage of the kobold through time to a stop.
((feel free to interpret the destructive magic loosely -- I like seeing what you come up with))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:41:26 am by Moopli »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2016, 11:50:23 pm »

((Sleeping it is. Just let us know when can we jump back into it.))

Knife is also fine with sleep, but I'd like to ask if it can perceive the world at all beyond what it gets from hitchhiking on Mordred's mind.  Is the knife blind while Mordred sleeps?

Oh, and subtly alter Mordred's dreams.  Steer them towards people stealing from him.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37