Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Age of Decay, (SG)  (Read 2313 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Decay, (SG)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 10:11:34 pm »

Spoiler:  GM Note (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 10:43:38 pm »

Sorry but, uh, mystic might

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 10:44:42 pm »

I think is more of a tie?, but yeah I guess my vote is now more for

Mystical Might

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 10:50:11 pm »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 04:12:53 am »

A quote for context
This looks interesting I will be watching this. Also what level of grim dark are we talking about no hope maximum Uber grim dark or still hopeful crapsack world level or something in-between?.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 04:27:39 am by Basil ii »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 08:23:40 am »

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 08:36:32 am »

Grimdark is a word coined by Warhammer. I think that in and of its self should answer your question Basil.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 03:43:47 pm »

following

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 07:54:59 pm »

You are known for Your Mystic Might, and your reputation is well-deserved. As the aether drains in tandem with the greying of the sun, the fading of stars, and the crumbling of the cosmos, true magic, that derived from the cosmic energies channeled by one’s will alone, turns ever weaker, harder to learn, and difficult to cast. In this age, when magic is almost solely the domain of those who’ve sold their souls for power and those whose unnatural ancestry endowed them, a traditional wizard capable of not only matching, but surpassing them is a force to be reckoned with. The study of the arcane is a dangerous discipline, countless are the monsters that would delight in feasting on a wizard’s soul, and countless more are the worshipers of the dark gods who would see you slain for daring to defy their masters, but not one has found success. Not only have you survived, in spite of their efforts, you have thrived, and ascended to heights unheard of in this age of decay.

Each Hero has accomplished an array of feats, Heroic deeds which will stand in legend long after their passing, but prior to their Heroism, each and every Hero had a childhood, and you are no different.

How were your youthful years spent?

You were born in the midst of cosmic turmoil, a solar eclipse, alignment of the stars, or meteor shower, and your circumstances have gifted you great insight to the cosmos. +Arcane Intiuition, -0 Years. [Birth Feat]
You are a seventh son of a seventh son of a seventh son, thrice blessed by the holy resonance, thus, your soul’s enduring vigor is thrice bolstered by your feats of wizardry. +Seventh Son, -0 Years. [Birth Feat]
You were born in the midst of an arcane disaster, a rift between realms, ritual gone wrong, or a dreaded mystic storm, and the enigmatic nature of your magic reflects this. +Unchained Arcane, -0 Years. [Birth Feat]

You were left to die in the wilderness, but a wizened old hermit saw fit to take you in, and in doing so, taught you everything he knew about the ancient tradition. +2 Wizardry, +2 Alchemy, -6 Years. [Childhood Feat][Origin Feat]
You were left to die in the gutters of a ruined city, but a wizened old collector saw fit to take you in, and in doing so, taught you everything he knew about the language of the cosmos. +2 Wizardry, +2 Mundane Languages, -6 Years. [Childhood Feat][Origin Feat]
You were left to die in the wilderness, but no kindly old man saw fit to take you in, and you were forced to fend for yourself and teach yourself the arcane arts, bit by bit. +1 Wizardry, +2 Willpower, -6 Years. [Childhood Feat][Origin Feat]

As a child, you had a strong connection with the Otherworld, and while it did its damndest to drive you to madness, you steeled your mind and learned a thing or two. +1 Wizardry, +1 Willpower, -2 Years. [Childhood Feat]
As a child, you uncovered a black book written in red ink, and ignoring common sense, kept it a secret and spent many long sleepless nights studying it. +1 Wizardry, +1 Unholy Language, -2 Years. [Childhood Feat]
As a child, you had a great fondness for the outdoors and spent countless hours immersing yourself in nature, and eventually, a piece of nature immersed itself in you. +1 Wizardry, +Druidic Language, -2 Years. [Childhood Feat]
As a child, you were weak, sickly, and frail, but through in-depth study of the arcane, you learned to remedy your illness, and overcome your fragility. +1 Wizardry, +1 Alchemy, -2 Years. [Childhood Feat]
As a child, you were bullied by a gang of ruffians, which drove you to learn the ins and outs of martial combat, you’re nowhere near mastery, but you’re no novice. +1 Wizardry, +1 Martial, -2 Years. [Childhood Feat]
As a child, you went through a mischievous vandal phase, and while you grew out of it, the lessons you learned never truly left. +1 Wizardry, +1 Thievery, -2 Years. [Childhood Feat]
As a child, you spent many years tormented by a foul spirit, and you were only able to banish it after years of deep meditation and self-reflection. You lost years of your youth driving it away, but your mind is yours, and yours alone. +6 Willpower, -6 Years. [Childhood Feat]
As a child, you spent many years scavenging for tomes and practicing what little you knew over and over again, consumed by curiosity and burning passion for the arcane. You lost years of your youth to your obsession, but your studies have yielded dividends, more than most can say in this day and age. +6 Wizardry, -6 Years. [Childhood Feat]

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:01:47 pm by Ardent Debater »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 07:59:21 pm »

1. You were born in the midst of an arcane disaster, a rift between realms, ritual gone wrong, or a dreaded mystic storm, and the enigmatic nature of your magic reflects this. +Unchained Arcane, -0 Years. [Birth Feat]

2. You were left to die in the wilderness, but no kindly old man saw fit to take you in, and you were forced to fend for yourself and teach yourself the arcane arts, bit by bit. +1 Wizardry, +2 Willpower, -6 Years. [Childhood Feat][Origin Feat]

3. As a child, you had a strong connection with the Otherworld, and while it did its damndest to drive you to madness, you steeled your mind and learned a thing or two. +1 Wizardry, +1 Willpower, -2 Years. [Childhood Feat]

4. As a child, you uncovered a black book written in red ink, and ignoring common sense, kept it a secret and spent many long sleepless nights studying it. +1 Wizardry, +1 Unholy Language, -2 Years. [Childhood Feat]

5. As a child, you spent many years tormented by a foul spirit, and you were only able to banish it after years of deep meditation and self-reflection. You lost years of your youth driving it away, but your mind is yours, and yours alone. +6 Willpower, -6 Years. [Childhood Feat]

Going for a max willpower build.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:20:24 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 08:06:37 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 08:11:43 pm »

Imma ptw
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 08:29:43 pm »

true magic, that derived from the cosmic energies channeled by one’s will alone
I'm guessing that willpower gives us power, while Wizardry gives us control.

I'm going for a balanced approach. Seventh Son alleviates our low willpower. Alchemy gives us more overall understanding of magic (and gives better stats than the Alone origin), and we might need potions for squeezing more of the world's fading magic. A basic understanding of Druidic and Unholy languages might come in handy, again increasing our general magic understanding.

Birth: Seventh Son
Origin: Wizened Hermit, +2 Wizardry, +2 Alchemy
Childhood:
 Black Book +1 Wizardry, +1 Unholy
 Nature +1 Wizardry, +1 Druidic
 3x Otherworld Connection +3 Wizardry, +3 Willpower

Total:
 Seventh Son
 Wizardry 7
 Willpower 3
 Alchemy 2
 Unholy Language 1
 Druidic Language 1

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 08:43:50 pm »

I feel as though we can’t take multiples of feats, and remember we also have our adulthood for hopefully feats to flesh out our character and strengths. I feel like having some Martial skill is necessary and effective for utility against threats and so forth.

Childhood:
Otherworld Connection +1 Wizardry, +1 Willpower
Ruffians: +1 Wizardry, +1 Martial
Total:
Seventh Son
Wizardry 6
Willpower 1
Martial 1 
Alchemy 2
Unholy Language 1
Druidic Language 1

Childhood Years: 14

I feel as though starting at the age of 14 will gives us the extra two years in adulthood to help flesh out our character’s lacking will and improving their Wizardry and even martial skill to new heights. Longer adulthood is bound to be more helpful
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:46:00 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 10:37:38 pm »

1. You were born in the midst of an arcane disaster, a rift between realms, ritual gone wrong, or a dreaded mystic storm, and the enigmatic nature of your magic reflects this. +Unchained Arcane, -0 Years. [Birth Feat]

2. You were left to die in the wilderness, but no kindly old man saw fit to take you in, and you were forced to fend for yourself and teach yourself the arcane arts, bit by bit. +1 Wizardry, +2 Willpower, -6 Years. [Childhood Feat][Origin Feat]

3. As a child, you spent many years tormented by a foul spirit, and you were only able to banish it after years of deep meditation and self-reflection. You lost years of your youth driving it away, but your mind is yours, and yours alone. +6 Willpower, -6 Years. [Childhood Feat]

Going for a max willpower build.

true magic, that derived from the cosmic energies channeled by one’s will alone
I'm guessing that willpower gives us power, while Wizardry gives us control.

I'm going for a balanced approach. Seventh Son alleviates our low willpower. Alchemy gives us more overall understanding of magic (and gives better stats than the Alone origin), and we might need potions for squeezing more of the world's fading magic. A basic understanding of Druidic and Unholy languages might come in handy, again increasing our general magic understanding.

Childhood:
 3x Otherworld Connection +3 Wizardry, +3 Willpower

Total:
 Seventh Son
 Wizardry 7
 Willpower 3
 Alchemy 2
 Unholy Language 1
 Druidic Language 1

I feel as though we can’t take multiples of feats, and remember we also have our adulthood for hopefully feats to flesh out our character and strengths. I feel like having some Martial skill is necessary and effective for utility against threats and so forth.

Childhood:
Otherworld Connection +1 Wizardry, +1 Willpower
Ruffians: +1 Wizardry, +1 Martial
Total:
Seventh Son
Wizardry 6
Willpower 1
Martial 1 
Alchemy 2
Unholy Language 1
Druidic Language 1

Childhood Years: 14

I feel as though starting at the age of 14 will gives us the extra two years in adulthood to help flesh out our character’s lacking will and improving their Wizardry and even martial skill to new heights. Longer adulthood is bound to be more helpful

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:44:56 pm by Ardent Debater »
Pages: 1 [2] 3