Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1496774 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2460 on: November 06, 2011, 09:02:38 pm »

Dear Pawn Miner,
Please don't chase after that elephant. I understand that you have a sense of duty, but your processors aren't meant to withstand a kick from a heavy elephant.
Thanks,
Your loving Master.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: November 06, 2011, 09:34:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everything but FPS death.

Dear Urist McMilitiaCommander,
Did you seriously have to pull that lever with your entire squadron in tow? Look at the
entire hallway! It's covered with... oh, right. I would like to remind you not to fondle your lover
as you wander the hallways, condemned forever to not having booze, cupcakes, and !!MAGMA!!.
Now go fetch Urist McBastardManager!

Administration of Zas Ebal, The Crystal of Reverences, Overseer Rank 9001,
Maple

DragDen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: November 07, 2011, 02:05:10 am »

Dear Urist McMayor,
Do you remember that accident several years ago? When you mandated production of bismuth items, and then nearly killed one of our best crafters?
To prevent such drastic measures, I created a prison, so you can order fortress guard to imprison those lazy dwarfs. But guess what? There is no fortress guard. Nobody will listen you. Forever.
PS: That one cage in prison is for you. You are always welcome.

With insidious grin, your overlord Drag Den.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: November 07, 2011, 02:37:18 am »

Dear Urist Brokerson

It isnt your job to bring things to the depot when you should be trading. drinking and eating I understand, but when you have been assigned to a burrow that just so happens to be JUST the depot, you should not leave it to go get things you SHOULD be trading away. that is peasant work, and below your station.

Dear Urist Mcthirsty

the fort has enough booze in it to keep a far larger fort running for at least a year, why are you drinking from the river, and (more importantly) bitching about having your arms pulled of by a sturgeon?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: November 07, 2011, 02:40:33 am »

Dear Urist McHauler,

Why complain about the miasma? That corpse is clearly marked to be removed, yet you seem to like watching it rot atop of the food stockpiles. I realize you must have enjoyed watching it die quite a lot, but that is no excuse.

senamic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: November 07, 2011, 10:49:40 am »

Dear Urist McMillitia Captain,

The fort had 17 population. Your millitia was made up of 5 of these dwarves. How do you all die to the Giant Rat that walks into the fort?

Sincerely,
Your disgruntled leader, now considering nuking your fort.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: November 09, 2011, 12:07:01 pm »

To: Mountainhome Diplomat and Trade Department
Attn: Department Chief

Regarding: Future diplomatic endeavors

Dear Sir or Madam

In situfations where a large force of goblin invaders is encamped to the west of our mountainhome, when we open the east gate to allow your diplomat egress, we would appreciate it if he or she continued to travel in that direction for at least a half day's march to avoid potential danger. Circling around the fort and heading directly into the arms of the invaders is not something we generally recommend to our non-noble population.

As a related note, we declined your generous offer of a Barony. Since the remains of your previous diplomat appear to be roasting over a goblin campfire, we expect that this is the first you heard of our rejection.

Sincerely,
Veiledmines Overseer

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: November 09, 2011, 01:21:43 pm »

Dear idiots. When an alarm has sounded, do not rush out to see why. When you go out the gate and see an enemy, or when outside and you encounter one, endavour to return to the safety of the trap lined corridor of death that somehow isnt triggered by your pressence. When your friend is valiantly fighting a dozen goblins and is injured, do not rush over to see how bad it is and bind any wounds. Nor try to retrieve his unconcious/dead body while invaders are still camping his body, unless you are a legendary axeman, shield user, armor user and fighter who can also dodge fairly well, with the strength of a thousand men
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: November 09, 2011, 02:26:29 pm »

Dear Garath,

If you'd clearly define where we can and can't go during an attack, we'd be happy to stay there. I think there is something called a "burrow" and a "civilian alert".

Sincerely,

Those of us who have managed to survive your rule so far
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: November 10, 2011, 03:09:19 am »

Dear Urist McKickass,

You were already a level 14 butcher.  I already loved and needed you.  Then you noticed my attempts to train up a blacksmith on random junk so we could have nice, masterwork gold statues for the base.  You then decided that was the job for you and went into a mood to build me an artifact iron door, thus launching yourself to legendary blacksmith status.  Thank you so much.  The engravers have finished lining your new expanded room with mostly masterwork engravings.  I'm buying some of your favorite materials to make you nice things out of.

Thanks again,
Your pleasantly surprised overlord.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: November 10, 2011, 07:27:51 am »

Dear Garath,

If you'd clearly define where we can and can't go during an attack, we'd be happy to stay there. I think there is something called a "burrow" and a "civilian alert".

Sincerely,

Those of us who have managed to survive your rule so far

eg, noone (edit: done)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:55:36 am by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: November 10, 2011, 09:22:53 am »

Dear Urist McStupidHauler
Don't complain about there being no work when all of this rock is lying around everywhere.
Sincerely Idiots.
Your overlord.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: November 11, 2011, 02:08:37 am »

Dear Baron McTinyJunk,

I get that you're jealous that I gave Urist McKickass better rooms than yours.  It's just that he's useful and you aren't.  You didn't have to punch the miner and break a nice table.  Perhaps you could try being useful by testing this magma-based disposal chute?

Because I will see you die.

~Iton
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Grytorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: November 11, 2011, 11:04:20 pm »

Dearest Urist,

When I locked you in and your buddies in a room with a bunch of troglodytes and a troll outnumbering you two to one it wasn't personal. I was only bored.

Signed,
Grytorm

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: November 11, 2011, 11:08:09 pm »

Dear Grytorm,

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?

-Urist
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 504