Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498824 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2805 on: February 08, 2012, 08:41:46 am »

Dear Urist McNewGuy

I know you came to my fort to make a name for yourself. To become somebody, to be the BEST! But how in your long life have you fail to become anything more than just a novice Wood-Burner. I mean come on man give me something to work with.

Lovingly yours
A Friend
No, no, no!

"Dear Mountainhomes,
Give me your peasants, your novice soap makers,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming halls.
Send these, the fish dissectors, the clerks to me,
I'll tell them to shut up, dorf up and start hauling rocks!"

- 'Sus' Plagiatedarts, "the New Masterwork Statue of a Bronze Colossus"
Boatmurdered, F*CK YEAH!

OldPrussia

• Bay Watcher
  • What do you mean we don't have a Pick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 08, 2012, 05:34:03 pm »

Dear Urist McNewGuy

In an attempt to make you a man I threw you into our mighty military, now perhaps your death in your first assignment could have been avoided if I trained you in danger rooms, but I didn't. Your consolation prize is a majestic tomb overlooking the river where the crocodiles ate you alive.

Lovingly Yours,
A slightly regretful Friend.
"Yeah this metal is pretty cool better mine all of it... OH MY GOD."

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 08, 2012, 06:54:10 pm »

Dear Urist,

When you are outside and Goblin Christmas comes, run toward the trap lined corridor into the fortress. This will have the dual effect of getting the Goblins caught in cages and, if you are intelligent and don't go running back to grab a sock, it might save your life as well.

Signed,
LARD

Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 08, 2012, 07:53:44 pm »

Dear UristMcStupidWoodcutter

Please, stop idling in an unsecured part of hell.   Seriously.  There are no trees down there.  You're just being really stupid.  When a demon inevitably strolls along and ridiculously murders you, we will not even attempt to retrieve your body.

Sincerely, your annoyed overseer.

Dear; Annoyed Overseer
I'm trying to pick out a site for my future home.  Give me a minute!

Sincerely; Urist McWoodcutter

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 08, 2012, 10:34:57 pm »

Dear Cilob Glazelance,
Congratulations on the completion of your artifact! Honestly, I'm not sure what to say about this piece. The art critic in me finds it a bold, post-modernist statement on the exhaustion of all potential in the art world, and loves it's bold questioning of what truly constitutes art and the canvases that can be used to create it.

The realist in me, however, just sees it as a mechanism made of a single piece of gabbro. You could have at least thrown some gems on there. I suppose I can use it in a well or something, or maybe a lever in a noble's room, but I still feel kinda ripped off. I guess it beats a wooden cup or something.

Signed,
A Disappointed Overseer

PS: Enjoy making nothing but mechanisms for the rest of your life.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 08, 2012, 11:24:51 pm »

hello. urist mcengraver

I don't like that your filling the children's rooms with pictures of rotting corpses being decapitated by giant dragons. they're kids they don't need to see that kind of stuff.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: February 08, 2012, 11:59:04 pm »

hello. urist mcengraver

I don't like that your filling the children's rooms with pictures of rotting corpses being decapitated by giant dragons. they're kids they don't need to see that kind of stuff.

Well, they are dwarves...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: February 09, 2012, 12:20:45 am »

hello. urist mcengraver

Well, they are dwarves...

And? They don't need to know what a horrible place the world is until they're  at least 12. When they get conscripted. And then receive a ridiculous injury that cripples them for life. Like a broken toe.

Also:
Dear Urist McFishDisecctor,
What in the FUCK were you thinking coming to a fortress with no fishing industry? Did you lose a bet or something? I swear to god, if you don't make yourself useful prying shells off turtles we buy, I WILL draft your useless ass and MAKE you be useful as a bolt sponge.

-Signed, Splint
Overseer of Losthold

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: February 09, 2012, 05:35:09 am »

Dear Urist McTantrum-thrower,

I can appreciate how the sudden death of 55 of your colleagues in a single massive cave-in might upset you. I can also understand wanting to throw something to let off some steam. I've done it myself, in fact.

I will ask you, however, to please refrain from throwing body parts that you're on your way to bury. While I am highly amused that the corpse piece landed neatly on top of the coffin it was intended for, the fact that you threw it meant that it was instantly forbidden. Had I not been watching at the time, it likely wouldn't have been buried at all, leaving the poor soul who it used to belong to to become a ghost, and frankly, I don't want to have to deal with any of them.

Sincerely,

That force what ordered the "collapse the support" lever pulled.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: February 09, 2012, 09:18:19 am »

Dear Urist McOnfire

You are on fire.
Please take note of this fact.

Sincerely
The OVerseer

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: February 09, 2012, 10:31:01 am »

Dear Urist McOnfire

You are on fire.

Sincerely
The OVerseer

Urist McOnfire cancels: Reply
Urist McOnfire is going to the booze stockpile to get a drink

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: February 09, 2012, 01:08:00 pm »

Dear Urist McOnfire

You are on fire.

Sincerely
The Overseer
this made my day.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: February 09, 2012, 01:15:47 pm »

dear Urist mcpesant:

please don't haul the clown corpse up the stairs. it's made of fire.

sincerely: Jaxler
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

muxecoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: February 09, 2012, 03:22:03 pm »

Dear Urist McMason,

Thank you have having the intelligence to ALWAYS contruct and remove walls/floors in such a way that either traps you, or causes you to fall 10 z-levels to your death.

Signed,

Me
QFT. Very aggravating when happens to me.

grimman007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: February 10, 2012, 08:48:41 pm »

Dear zeitgiest of drillmines,

Having at one point in my life, long before I was raised to my most deserved position among the nobility, been a common dwarf like yourself, I have had ample opportunity to observe these so called "unfortunate accidents" that you and others like yourself so euphamistically referr to. I have taken upon myself to never pull any strange lever in any room that has any of the following characteristics, no matter how lavishly furnished:

A mysterious sulfury smell.
Uncharacteristically warm in temperature.
Freshly carved or laid stonework, especially if it looks out of place.
A faint but lingering odor of charred flesh, blood, or vicera.
A mysterious cloying dampness.
A faint smell of mildew.
Is very distant from my bedroom or the food stockpile.

You will not be tricking me into releasing a hellish hoarde of shriveled crundles into the room with me, or into inadvertantly drowning myself, or into performing an unfortunate smelting accident.

Now kindly get to work making me a crystal glass bed and a slade armor stand to go with the crystal glass window I wanted. I intend to host some important guests soon, and I can't stand that they might discuss that wretched mayor's brass armoire instead of my far more appropriate and sublime furishings.

Perhaps the mayor would be interested in pulling that lever? He's not terribly important anyway, you petty rabble will just elect another to replace him, like always.

Luxuriously yours,
Baron of drillmines

Your highness,

Actually, that lever controls the magma floodgates that will allow us to power our magma glass furnaces. Also everything else that runs on magma.

So kindly pull it, before the latest moody dwarf goes berserk for lack of precious metals. 'Cause if he does, we're putting him in your room while you sleep.

Sincerely,
The Peasants of Drillmines
Urist's Mod! Spawnable NPCs include bogeymen, bronze colossi and a random Forgotten Beast, generated on the fly and animated for your vomit.  Also magma.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 504