Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498931 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2865 on: February 18, 2012, 05:37:22 am »

Dear Urist McVampires

I know who you are. And now you are being drafted. The only reason you aren't being atomsmashed is because one of you was instrumental in actually saving a kid from snatchers.

You slip up again with your feeding in the Auxillia barracks,and I will not be so kind.

Sincerly,
You annoyed overseer.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: February 18, 2012, 09:07:16 am »

Dear Uristmclegendaryhunter

When I embarked to a savage biome with a dedicated hunter, I admit I didn't expect you to survive very long. Your life expectancy decreased even further when a giant badger came out of nowhere and mauled the mason's cat before we had a sealed base. It was very impressive when you bashed its head in with your crossbow, suffering only a broken middle finger.

Now, many years later, you are the lifeblood of my fort. Your kill list has over 200 entries, including plenty of goblins. The corpses of your prey fuel a vibrant crafting industry. When the great roc Lulo Strapfogs descended upon us with vengeful talons it was you who shot its wings off before it could land. You may soon be training the next generation of marksdwarves. You have turned our pitiful bolthole into a full fortress with every possible facility and luxury. Losing you now would be devastating. Following this train of thought, we now have a complete hospital and a very experienced doctor. FOR THE LOVE OF ARMOK GET YOUR FINGER LOOKED AT!

Signed,
the overseer
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: February 18, 2012, 09:09:24 am »

Dear UristMcBarSmith

New Mandate (update), you can't use one bar to make every single weapon and armor now. Get to work with that quality!

Yours Truly,
Overseer Quali T.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: February 18, 2012, 09:17:35 am »

Dear Elite Marksdwarves

Those artifact crossbows are a mark of my respect for your skill, and Urist McWeaponsmith assures me that they are the most accurate ranged weapons in the fortress. However, they are very light (made of wood and/or adamantine) and precision instruments, so could you PLEASE STOP BEATING KOBOLDS OVER THE HEAD WITH THEM, it's not very effective. Okay, so Solon McMarksdwarf managed to kill one but that was only after it had been brought down by a passing hunter who actually knows how to use a crossbow.

Regards,
The Management.

Dear Desert,

Please stop raining. You're supposed to be a desert, why is it always raining!?? I keep losing dwarves to smears of extracts around the entrance, because of the rain. And we actually do need to go outside, so I can't just bring us all underground - cave adaptation is a bad thing.

Regards,
Akrulatol "Tinfound"
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:23 am »

Dear Elite Marksdwarves

Those artifact crossbows are a mark of my respect for your skill, and Urist McWeaponsmith assures me that they are the most accurate ranged weapons in the fortress. However, they are very light (made of wood and/or adamantine) and precision instruments, so could you PLEASE STOP BEATING KOBOLDS OVER THE HEAD WITH THEM, it's not very effective. Okay, so Solon McMarksdwarf managed to kill one but that was only after it had been brought down by a passing hunter who actually knows how to use a crossbow.

Regards,
The Management.

Give us some crossbows made of heavy metal then, Boss.  No point wasting ammo on the little blighters when a good crack on the noggin' will suffice.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2870 on: February 18, 2012, 09:48:56 am »

Dear Urists McBrownpants

Would you kindly stop shitting your pants over zombie limbs that won't ever be able to reach you in and out of this millenium? It's kind of impeding the whole fortress, and you are all to blame if/when it crumbles.

Yours truly,
Rather X-asperated overseer McShook
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: February 19, 2012, 06:42:36 pm »

Dear former migrants,

do NOT go through that cloud. Why you entered map from that side anyway?

I play Dwarf Fortress, not Husk Fortress, FFS.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: February 19, 2012, 09:14:47 pm »

dear migrants

WHY ARE YOU ALL FUCKING FISH CLEANERS. THIS FORT IS IN A FUCKING DESERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely
overseer.

I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: February 19, 2012, 09:15:53 pm »

dear migrants

WHY ARE YOU ALL FUCKING FISH CLEANERS. THIS FORT IS IN A FUCKING DESERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely
overseer.

We like a challenge.

Sincerely;

The Fishcleaners Guild, Local #12.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: February 19, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »

dear migrants

sincerely
overseer.

We like a challenge.

Sincerely;

The Fishcleaners Guild, Local #12.

but why are half of you vampires?

Sincerely;
overseer

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: February 19, 2012, 09:21:50 pm »

Sincerely;
overseer

See previous answer.

Sincerely;
The vampires hiding amongst the members of The Fishcleaners Guild, Local #12

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: February 19, 2012, 09:24:05 pm »

Sincerely;
overseer

See previous answer.

Sincerely;
The vampires hiding amongst the members of The Fishcleaners Guild, Local #12

why do you all have no legs or arms?

Sincerely;
overseer

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: February 20, 2012, 02:48:29 am »

So... you are saying vampires are "mostly 'armless"?
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: February 20, 2012, 03:01:45 am »

Dear Migrant Children,

We thank you for your future contributions to our great fort of Gorgearrows. Please do not expect to be excused from work simply because you are children - not after both your parents ran headlong into the cloud of Eerie Soot on their way in from the map edge, becoming paralyzed and numb before suffocating seconds later. We have excellent amenities which we think will help offset your feeling of (understandable) depression at the loss of your family; if you disagree, please feel free to throw a tantrum and we shall happily send you on your way.

Sincerely,

The Gorgearrows Overseer.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: February 20, 2012, 03:29:58 am »

Spoiler'd because it's long.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 504