Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What happened to ratmen?  (Read 2043 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to ratmen?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 03:37:17 am »

I would like to know why frogman are now amphibian man.

Because theres more than one type of amphibian-men (aside from Olmmen which get their own species for some reason), just like lizardmen are now reptilemen.

Actually their description directly states that they look like frogs. 'Amphibianman' sounds a lot more sinister than 'frogman' though.

Yeah, me too. I liked them because there were Ratmen in Majesty and I really liked that game, and in the expansion the Ratmen were at war against the Goblins and I always tried to help the Ratmen, because they liked to live in my sewers, so I sort of considered them my people, even though they didn't pay taxes and tended to commit a lot of crimes.
Yeah, i love Majesty too. That's a cool way to think of the ratman/goblin conflict.
Too bad they kinda messed them up for the sequel...
Yes, too bad :(
Hey, there was some decent stuff in the sequel. Houses actually corresponding to peasant numbers, more synergy with classes and religions. More dynamism in the character models.

Well, that's it really. But even though most of the changes aren't necesarily for the worst, the only thing that really messed with me was the changes to the elves. Even the omission of gnomes makes sense, because those guys were useless. But making the elves bland (and putting blue roofs in respectable areas) just messed with the setting too much for me.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to ratmen?
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 11:20:20 pm »

Hey, there was some decent stuff in the sequel. Houses actually corresponding to peasant numbers, more synergy with classes and religions. More dynamism in the character models.

Well, that's it really. But even though most of the changes aren't necesarily for the worst, the only thing that really messed with me was the changes to the elves. Even the omission of gnomes makes sense, because those guys were useless. But making the elves bland (and putting blue roofs in respectable areas) just messed with the setting too much for me.

Well the thing is, they tried their darnedest to preserve the whole hybrid rts gameplay that the original had. The same gameplay that the original designers wanted to do away with to make it more of a proper simulation type game. Really, it was the simulation aspects of the original game which i enjoyed the most, some of those missions were just plain un-fun.

Also, i miss goblins so bad.  :'(
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.
Pages: 1 [2]