Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102]

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES  (Read 153493 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL 0.9.9.6 out, GRAPHIC TILES
« Reply #1515 on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:35 pm »

good job at destroying that nasty.

It's been some time i didn't played, i'm starting to feel the urge in shotgun my way again.
After i'm finished with my promising summoner on ToME4, time to get back into DoomRL

by the way, you necro-ed the wrong thread, latest version is this one :
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124122

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: January 11, 2016, 08:46:18 pm »

I know this thread died out, but... how the hell do you beat Phobos Anomaly on Nightmare difficulty?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 11, 2016, 08:55:09 pm »

Someone made a video, but it's on the more recent 0.9.9.7 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6eLeQzxSLlY#t=5615

thread about it for more info :
http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=7424.0

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 12, 2016, 04:06:41 am »

I know this thread died out, but... how the hell do you beat Phobos Anomaly on Nightmare difficulty?
Use a phase device and pray to land near the exit ;)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 18, 2016, 03:24:53 am »

Augh... that's not for me...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 06, 2016, 04:29:15 pm »

Due to the recent C&D problems, DoomRL is now open source on github!

ChaosForge

Doom, the Roguelike (or DRL as we may have to start calling it) is now open source! The plan was to release this upon conclusion of the Kickstarter campaign as a thank you to backers, but Zenimax® have pushed our hand.

DoomRL can now be found on GitHub: https://github.com/ChaosForge/doomrl

The code is in FreePascal, distributed under GPL 2.0. Derek Yu’s original artwork is released with the game under CC-BY-SA 4.0 license.

DRL is a passion project dating back to 2002, and I would like to take a moment to especially thank everyone who has played the game, the community who have supported me over the years, and everyone who has provided feedback and ideas. The game wouldn’t be what it is now without such a fantastic community, and I would not have the confidence to embark on the creation of Jupiter Hell without the faith so many have shown me. Thank you all!

Finally, we're entering the the last week of the Kickstarter - 7 days left, 70% through. Let’s see this to the end!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2020043306/jupiter-hell-a-modern-turn-based-sci-fi-roguelike

So for all those that got taught pascal in school for some reason, or those just wanting to take a gander, you can check out the innards yourself.

Even just a chance to admire Derek Yu's awesome sprite work up-close is a wonderful thing.

At least it will always live on, regardless of the maxing of zeni by other companies.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:36:04 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 08, 2016, 07:48:25 am »

Very interesting to see DoomRL going open source, that is certainly going to attract some devs to work on that already excellent game.
Though i wonder what more can be done, DoomRL is pretty packed with features and is really feeling complete, but in the same time such thing never stopped the DCSS devs to make new releases :)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 08, 2016, 07:33:33 pm »

More-so for added perpetuity due to C&Ds than new developments on it, I think. If Zenimax/Bethesda had any heart they'd anonymously flick 20k (or more) at JH as an "oops, sorry, our lawyers don't get this shit" sort of thing.

It'd be bloody hilarious if DoomRL got included as a "time waster" game to play in the next Bethesda Fallout release, especially now that it's open source. Find the PC with it on it, get back to fetch missions in ~40hrs+ playtime. They actually could do this.

I probably would.

(AFAIK Bethesda won't ever put "non open source" games into their own games. So, ipso facto, fuck yeah! Still a cunt act, but JH will be better regardless. When the lines are everywhere, read what you want into it)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:58:59 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 08, 2016, 07:53:36 pm »

There is also the "Experience Point/Leveling System" in a Doom-like game, especially in reference to their effects on weapon abilities (yes, that is a genre still used in terminology of somewhat Doom like games, even today).

Or even weapon modding in "Doom-like" games.

Essentially it'd be a clusterfuck of a legal battle, but there's no doubt that the 2016 remake of Doom "borrowed/stole" excellent ideas from previous titles in the genre, even while they all expanded it well. Could that be considered IP, considering how well DoomRL did it, and because standard firing of a weapon and alt-firing of a weapon is of little difference in game mechanics?

In any case. Both Zenimax and Bethesda have lost face in my eyes, and honour as well.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:56:12 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102]