Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7691 7692 [7693] 7694 7695 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8744263 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115380 on: February 03, 2019, 05:17:21 am »

I woke up at 3am and laid there having a panic attack and then just being listlessly depressed.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115381 on: February 03, 2019, 05:43:33 am »

I feel incredibly helpless regarding my situation in life. The way I figure, I have two paths to proceed down:

1) Work a minimum-wage job until I die. Maybe I'll become a supervisor, earning a small increase in pay for about 200% more stress. If I accrue enough favor with the right people, I can sell my soul to become a salaried manager.

2) Acquire insurmountable student loan debt and go to university. From there, proceed as outlined in 1.

I have some self-taught skills, but translating those into a career seems basically impossible. Especially considering I have no connections, no like-minded friends, and can be best described as an "amateur" at anything I would actually enjoy doing for the rest of my life.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115382 on: February 03, 2019, 05:57:20 am »

Yeah, basically. I've thought about studying sociology or psychology but not a lot of career opportunities there.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115383 on: February 03, 2019, 05:59:58 am »

Eh, plenty of career opportunities with psychology. Especially in the states where you can apparently just bullshit your way into a private practice with only a bachelors...

Not necessarily a lot of pleasant career opportunities, but still.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115384 on: February 03, 2019, 10:00:48 am »

Ah, feelings of being a failure, good to see you again for the umpteenth time this week.
Just started the week and already got it, I fucking hate this
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #115385 on: February 03, 2019, 10:52:33 am »

Caught a stomach bug. It's the first time in years, so I guess it's fair enough, but ugh. I've eaten a bread roll and a small mug of soup today.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115386 on: February 03, 2019, 10:55:12 am »

If that's all you have, I'll trade you.

How does "Need oral steroid dose pack to breathe" sit with you? :P

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115387 on: February 03, 2019, 11:06:20 am »

I don't have physical fatigue so much as a persistent feeling of not having slept enough.

The desire to feel *something* is almost like an unpleasant excitement, but it's not quite the same as anxiety. At its heaviest it's still enough to make me feel a little bit sick though.
Ah, feelings of being a failure, good to see you again for the umpteenth time this week.
Just started the week and already got it, I fucking hate this

This might not applicable, but personally, my outlook each day has changed quite a bit since I adopted a new but very strange sleep schedule.

Somehow, out of the confused cycle of long drives, weird naps, and degenerate binges that characterized my winter break between semesters emerged a new pattern where I go to sleep at 7-9PM and wake up at 2-3AM. Several hours before dawn in the frozen dead of winter I'm somehow wide awake (without coffee) doing things I would normally put off indefinitely, while previously 2-3AM was typically the time that I would be going to sleep after having gotten little done. I think what happened is I started staying up so late into the open daylight that the advancing cycle wrapped around and approached a normal time to sleep from behind, and it ended up being anchored by my tendency to eat only a light breakfast and a large dinner each day, knocking me into a food coma at a time that happened to line up with the shifting cycle.

You, hypothetical sad-thread reader, may rightly ask, "How is this mindless patter relevant, and if it is, would you kindly get to the point?" and to this I might reply that this experience with sleep has genuinely opened my eyes (sorry) about how important rest is to one's outlook and functioning, to the point of being a major psychological factor. Over the last month or so, on fewer hours of sleep I've felt much more inured toward each day, despite having never considered myself a "morning person" and in fact having had a particular loathing for mornings for all my life. The conclusion I've reached is that natural "morning people" probably don't exist (if even I could stumble so haphazardly into becoming one) and that anybody wishing to enjoy the benefits of an early schedule shouldn't be put off by the idea that any special inclination whatsoever is required. As obvious as it is that good sleep is important, I never really cared about it until having actually experienced it and found that it actually does tend to put everything in a more positive light.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 11:07:56 am by WealthyRadish »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115388 on: February 03, 2019, 11:47:03 am »

Yeah. I got pushed into that sleep schedule and it's just a matter of getting used to it. Then you end up way more productive with much less sleep.
He's fucking with us.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115389 on: February 03, 2019, 12:44:50 pm »

I am not getting used to my sleep schedule even though it's my schedule for two years ignoring weekends and holidays
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #115390 on: February 03, 2019, 02:51:45 pm »

If that's all you have, I'll trade you.

How does "Need oral steroid dose pack to breathe" sit with you? :P

It sits with me like "I don't care about your situation, mine still makes me unhappy", thanks.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115391 on: February 03, 2019, 04:54:17 pm »

"Hey we're going to yell at you daily about getting employed but also we're going to make the system borderline impossible when it come to getting employed as there's hundreds of other trying to and nobody stands out, we're also going to pretend "hitting the streets" means anything anymore in the last 2 decades, and on top of that, here's 50k of debt to make you stand out but now everyone's standing out so."

"And when you lose because everything's set up for failure, that's your fault, you victim."
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115392 on: February 04, 2019, 02:52:22 am »

This day was one of my worst and I am not sure if I won't get other days like this in the future.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:51:15 am by Rockeater »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115393 on: February 04, 2019, 12:25:36 pm »

My neighbors moved to a new appartment, they were all busy packing stuff in a van.
LOOKS LIKE THEY LEFT THEIR CAT BEHIND.
Sad that there is no rage thread for this.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115394 on: February 04, 2019, 02:34:33 pm »

GOD I LOVE SPENDING AN HOUR ON ONE JOB APP JUST FOR LITERALLY NOTHING TO HAPPEN
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 7691 7692 [7693] 7694 7695 ... 8156