Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Your favorite single raw change  (Read 4266 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite single raw change
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 07:10:48 am »

Aquifers aren't that annoying to me personally. The worst one I've had was a 9-layer bitch that I ended up saying "fuck it" and abandoning, but that happened once. My latest embark had one soil layer, a clay layer for breather, and then several layers of conglomerate, but it was also in a terrifying scorching swamp with ridiculous FB/titan/megabeast/demon/etc populations and three tower neighbors, so I said "bring it, the fun quotient is too high already to back out."

My first FB was a winged blob with deadly dust. Thankfully it's made of water (I HOPE 1partbody creatures made of water explode in one shot) and is staying up where it can't path anywhere because it spawned on a ledge in the 2nd caverns, which thankfully doesn't give it access to my fort. Just the same, I pretty much pissed myself when I saw it, because my population was at 22, half of them children/babies.

As for me, I haven't really done any single-raw changes, most of my games are vanilla, though I may or may not have used the fix that prevents elephants/etc from inevitable starvation. I want war rhinos :x

Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 11:52:26 am »

My two favourites not already mentioned are:

Giving [HEALING_RATE:x] to the tissues that don't have them and should (hooves, nails etc), so a broken nail eventually goes away.

Giving proper BOILING_POINTs to the organic materials in material_template_default, so I can have the satisfaction of burning undead to death with magma.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 03:44:07 pm »

Oh hey, mind setting me up with a quick fix for said material_template_default? I've got many, many undead that need to be roasted.

Though my solution was going to be a pit with an iron spike linked to a repeater, submerged in magma.
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 05:13:20 am »

Can't just post my file unfortunately because I've tweaked other things, but the essence of what you need to do is quite simple. For each non-fat organic material in the file (fat is already set up properly), you need to find the part that reads

Code: [Select]
[SPEC_HEAT:4181]
[IGNITE_POINT:10508]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:10250]

You'll notice that most materials can't melt or boil with these settings. It's this you want to fix, by changing them to:

Code: [Select]
[SPEC_HEAT:870]
[IGNITE_POINT:10508]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:11400]
[HEATDAM_POINT:10100]

These exact numbers are from Igfig - I don't know precisely what SPEC_HEAT does in DF's calculations, or why HEATDAM_POINT needs to go down a bit, but it works :)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 06:44:08 pm »

I know that in real life, Specific Heat is the measure of how much energy (in Joules) it requires to cause one gram of a substance to increase in temperature by one degree Kelvin. I would -assume- it does something similar in DF, but I'm not sure on the math exactly. Or if it even does anything yet and isn't just a placeholder, like Molar Mass--which is a pseudo-equivalent to calculating gaseous density.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 11:21:49 am »

I remove [ADOPTS_OWNERS] from cats.  Can't get too attached to potential food sources, now can we?

TheTinCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35:00 pm »

Adding [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] to dwarves and Goblins so I can visit them in Adventure mode.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 12:39:01 am »

*THUNDERCLAP*
*mad scientist laughter*

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 12:54:20 am »

Adding [FLIER] and [LEARNER] or whatever the learning thing is to dragons.
Also however it is you make them mature in a year.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TheTinCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 06:33:30 pm »

Bumping because there's got to be more simple raw edits that make the game more interesting

Sometimes I find giving goblins [SIEGER] fun. Having them come and set up fires and wait outside my fortress is pretty cool, though sometimes it gets annoying on how long it takes them to finally charge in. also a bit more tedious if you're also at war with humans, as they naturally do this.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:54:32 pm by TheTinCat »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 08:08:31 pm »

Bumping because there's got to be more simple raw edits that make the game more interesting

Sometimes I find giving goblins [SIEGER] fun. Having them come and set up fires and wait outside my fortress is pretty cool, though sometimes it gets annoying on how long it takes them to finally charge in. also a bit more tedious if you're also at war with humans, as they naturally do this.
You can also give that to kobolds.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 10:32:17 pm »

Ooh, I forgot to mention, I like removing [curious_item] from animals in the raws.

It sucks having a batch of buzzards steal all your shit the second the game starts.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2013, 11:11:31 pm »

Flying, winged dragons.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 07:24:46 pm »

[CHILD:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:insertsnakenamehere hatchling:insertsnakenamehere hatchlings] added to all snakes so I can breed pits of snakes to throw my enemies into for a slow painful death. For added fun I build a few nest boxes in the pit. Otherwise it is adding [TRAINABLE][PET] to Unicorns and Honey Badgers.

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 10:42:06 am »

adding [TRAINABLE] to all predators and mounts, gotta love those hunting wolves and war unicorns
Pages: 1 [2] 3