Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 254197 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 3 (12/15) (1 replacement) - Desynchronisation
« Reply #960 on: December 02, 2014, 03:44:10 am »

Other people's opinions?
I think it's swell.

Err.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 02, 2014, 10:20:12 am »

Cheeetar:
Your question: No, my wincon is not clearer. The only new information I have is that Flabort is 'the real Shakerag', and this does not help me one bit given that Flabort is dead. Unless we have a medium or somebody who can resurrect around?
I know what that means.  And I am in a position to help.  But you're going to have to tell me why you're looking for 'the real Shakerag' first, and what actions you have that you'd use with that knowledge. 

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 02, 2014, 01:16:41 pm »

Ah, you were referencing my kill?  The difference there is that he controlled the lynch, the town's primary weapon, while I was in possession of a kill and have, technically, no obligation to consult with anyone else before using it.  I'm a vigilante, but also a doctor at the same time.
So he's scummy just because he's the hammerer? How are you a doctor at the same time? Weren't you complaining of being totally vanilla earlier? Also how are you able to kill Jim and protect Cheetar at the same time?

it takes three hits to kill me
3 hits to kill and 3 votes hmmmumumumm
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 02, 2014, 01:53:10 pm »

4maskwolf
Persus13: Are you saying that you are given the role of Shakerag or of Anti-Shakerag or both?
No, I'm trying to make sense of some night information I got. Why does this make me look suspicious?

I'm calling bullshit on these flips.  I somehow doubt there would be this many side-confused players.
Or maybe the parameter determining alignments is too narrow. Maybe the Pro/anti Shakerag isn't as big a part of the game as it seems.

My inspection is complete and accurate.
By this do you mean you have the parts of flabort's roles that the flip obscured? Nothing was left out in the linked post?

Ah, you were referencing my kill?  The difference there is that he controlled the lynch, the town's primary weapon, while I was in possession of a kill and have, technically, no obligation to consult with anyone else before using it.  I'm a vigilante, but also a doctor at the same time.
So he's scummy just because he's the hammerer? How are you a doctor at the same time? Weren't you complaining of being totally vanilla earlier? Also how are you able to kill Jim and protect Cheetar at the same time?

it takes three hits to kill me
3 hits to kill and 3 votes hmmmumumumm
4maskwolf claimed abilities earlier in the thread that answers most of your questions (but I can't find it at the moment through search. Also, you may find this post relevant.
Spoiler: MASSIVE FUCKING RANT (click to show/hide)
*pants*

I swear to God, though, I am THIS close to requesting replacement out of sheer frustration at the futility of playing this game.

Toaster
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 02, 2014, 02:17:53 pm »

Posting to allow Persus13 to explain.

It would have made you suspicious because nobody else seems to have been given such a role, but claiming such a thing could be a scum attempt to fly under the radar, that's why.

I'll get to the other questions/comments shortly.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 2 (14/15) (1 replacement) - Royalty has Arrived!
« Reply #965 on: December 02, 2014, 02:26:27 pm »

Found it.  Here's my full claim, minus what the mechanism gave me (though we've seen two of those abilities too, three if you count the auto).
Shakerag: I am willing to claim the roles I had at the start of the game, and have no mod-related restrictions on what I can say:

Role 1: The Shakerag, the Shakerag, and a few handfuls of Shakerag more
Wincon: Town
(N) Duel [target 1, target 2]: Kill target one, protect target two
(A) Three films: I have three lives
(A) Three characters: I have three votes, each of which may be used individually

Role 2: Registered Observer
Wincon: none
(A) Registered: This gives me access to the registered voter chat
(D) Vote Observer [t/self]: I determine how many votes the target has.  Used on Persus D1: 1 vote.
(N) Action Observer [t/self]: Determine who the target actions that night.

Cheeetar: You are once again blaming me for the whole king thing without any proof that I was in any way involved.  As I have said repeatedly, I am trying to fix the problem regardless of what goes on, and if the majority wants to lynch SBC Jim can just kill him, can he not?

No, ZU.  He's not scummy because he's the hammerer.  He's scummy because he stated the will to override the lynch should a decision be made not to his PERSONAL liking.  Particularly after I was already holding a "nuke" over SBC's head to try and make him follow the majority lynch.

Also, Zombie Urist, it's remarkable how lazy you are in not bothering to have read my fullclaim.  It's been public knowledge for some time now.  Your questioning is lazy to nonexistent, your questions targeted at me are easily answered by looking at what I've said in the past, and your last comment about my three votes and three lives is completely pointless, means nothing, and generally seems to be there for no purpose but provocation.

Additionally, I'm going to claim the two actions and the auto that I've taken advantage of so far from my other role:

White Box: Basically sets of nuclear alarms for the target (What I used with SBC to try and force his cooperation with the majority rule).

Black Box: Shortens the day for the target (used on Jim Groovester).

Voting Box: Auto that means that my votes are counted properly no matter what, the auto that allowed me to vote yesterday when there was a king.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 02, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »

yeah I totally forgot about that.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 02, 2014, 03:41:53 pm »

Why I'm voting for Toaster. I've been suspicious of Toaster for a while because some stuff he's said has felt off. So last night I used my role power to inspect him (It only gets parts of people's roles). I only got parts of his role, but I learned that his goal is to eliminate anti-Shakerag elements. Since he's been doing this under the pretense of scumhunting, I think Toaster may be anti-Town and should be lynched.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 02, 2014, 03:51:41 pm »

Are you anti-shakerag?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 02, 2014, 03:57:15 pm »

Sigtext

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 02, 2014, 05:48:21 pm »

By this do you mean you have the parts of flabort's roles that the flip obscured? Nothing was left out in the linked post?

Indeed I do. Which linked post are you talking about? Nothing was left out of the flip, no. If you're talking about flabort's claim, then yes, he left something out.

anti-Shakerag

I think it's time to figure out this pro-shakerag/anti-shakerag element of the game.

I think we should mass claim. So come on, cards on the table. Here's mine:

I am Agent Shakerag, FBI
-Wincon: Town (all threats to the town are eliminated) OR anti-anti-Shakerag (all anti-shakerag roles are eliminated)
-(N) Sting Operation (t1,...,tn): If all the targets have the same alignment, they die.
-(N) Recon (t): Investigates a player role's role. Also introduces my role name to them.
Ultra Street Fighter IV
-Wincon: <none>
-(A) 1337 skillz: There is a 5.1% chance that actions fail against me.
-(A) Punish: If an action fails against me the actor gets punched.
-(N) Finish (t): If a target has been punched, they die.

On Day 1 I received the following roles from flabort:

Role that allows additional uses of actions
-Wincon: I win in any other way AND all genies are freed.
-(A) Magic Lump: I have a genie in a lump.
-(3-shot) Free Use License: Allows me to use any non-auto action at any time, including night actions during the day and day actions during the night.

The role that makes its owner win if it's Cheeetar and otherwise does nothing
-Wincon: I win in any other way OR I am a Cheeetar.
-(Free) Catch (t): Gives the role to the target.
-(A) Catch-32: The role cannot be given to Cheeetar, under penalty of dire circumstances.

I gave the Cheeetar role to Shakerag on Day 1 and used two shots of Free Use License inspecting and then killing flabort on Day 1.

Last night I tried to kill Shakerag twice since he's anti-Shakerag. Apparently I could not even target him. Fortunately my last shot of Free Use License did not get used up.

No, ZU.  He's not scummy because he's the hammerer.  He's scummy because he stated the will to override the lynch should a decision be made not to his PERSONAL liking.  Particularly after I was already holding a "nuke" over SBC's head to try and make him follow the majority lynch.

So your problem is that I said I would use my judgment as hammerer.

Is there any particular reason why you're not responding to my points directly? I want to know why not catering to the majority is somehow a problem when there was a king yesterday.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 02, 2014, 06:02:51 pm »

Jim Groovester:
Last night I tried to kill Shakerag twice since he's anti-Shakerag. Apparently I could not even target him. Fortunately my last shot of Free Use License did not get used up.
Dude.  Not only did I claim I couldn't be killed, I also claimed I couldn't be targeted unless I did something first. 

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 02, 2014, 06:08:29 pm »

Yeah, but you could've been lying, or it only worked on the first action, or I dunno. It was worth a shot. Or two.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 02, 2014, 06:12:32 pm »

Cheeetar:
Your question: No, my wincon is not clearer. The only new information I have is that Flabort is 'the real Shakerag', and this does not help me one bit given that Flabort is dead. Unless we have a medium or somebody who can resurrect around?
I know what that means.  And I am in a position to help.  But you're going to have to tell me why you're looking for 'the real Shakerag' first, and what actions you have that you'd use with that knowledge.

Are you asking for a roleclaim, Shakerag? I'm not too averse to it, given that we might be headed towards a mass roleclaim anyway, but I'm wary of being screwed over somehow given the bastardyness of this game.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 02, 2014, 06:34:05 pm »

Cheeetar:

Are you asking for a roleclaim, Shakerag? I'm not too averse to it, given that we might be headed towards a mass roleclaim anyway, but I'm wary of being screwed over somehow given the bastardyness of this game.
I wasn't originally thinking of a full roleclaim, but sure, why not? 

Yeah, but you could've been lying, or it only worked on the first action, or I dunno. It was worth a shot. Or two.
Fair enough. 
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 101