Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 254198 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 3 (12/15) (1 replacement) - Desynchronisation
« Reply #990 on: December 02, 2014, 10:17:08 pm »

Shakerag also gave a roleclaim a while back, which apparently was as much as he could give without running afoul of post restrictions.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 02, 2014, 10:17:56 pm »

Roger. Doesn't explain you switching your votes from ZU to me, and your sudden pressure.

4maskwolf: You claimed to be converted, and yet retained your town wincon. Why? Does that mean all those town who are converted become serial killers who 'make town and cult win' in the event of their being the sole survivor?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 02, 2014, 10:20:59 pm »

I would assume so, yes.  I can tell you that the conversion added an AND clause to my primary wincon, directly modifying it rather than giving me an additional role.  However, I was in the unfortunate situation of having only one wincon, the town one, so while others might be able to accomplish a second OR wincon AND the cult wincon I didn't have that luxury.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 02, 2014, 10:24:30 pm »

To be fair, I don't expect you people to believe me.  In claiming, I fully expect to be executed repeatedly from various sources until I die for good, and have given you all the exact number of times I need to die for that to happen.  I did some mental calculations and decided that my odds of achieving my wincon, even with the consent of the other cultist(s), through deception was lower than my almost nonexistent odds of winning through honesty.  Let us see if Jim inspects me and if he does what you all choose to do with that.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 02, 2014, 10:25:49 pm »

Please answer all asked questions (preferably while quoting them so I know what you consider a response to a question.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 02, 2014, 10:30:08 pm »

4maskwolf: You claimed to be converted, and yet retained your town wincon. Why?
The nature of the conversion used added an AND clause.  I explained this.

Does that mean all those town who are converted become serial killers who 'make town and cult win' in the event of their being the sole survivor?
If their only wincon is town, then yes.  Otherwise, it's complicated.  Again, I explained this.

4maskwolf, you can self target vote observer. You could give yourself infinite votes, but instead chose to give Persus 1 vote on Day 1. Why? Is there something about your ability that you're not telling us?
Why, also, do you claim that all of the active players have roleclaimed when I can only see three?
Why is your wincon only listed as 'town'? What exactly does that mean- all mafia players dead? My wincon doesn't mention anything about town or mafia- in fact, I'm not sure if they exist.
Why are you voting for me with three votes to get me to roleclaim, yet you're perfectly fine with ZU not roleclaiming?
First couple are answered as a misreading on your part.
And how many truly active players do we have, hmm?  Like four.  You're the last one.
It says "all anti-town roles eliminated" as the town wincon.  Believe what you will about them existing.
ZU didn't outright state they were going to withhold information, hmm?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 02, 2014, 10:30:41 pm »

EBWOP: change that to 6, Persus13 and Jack A T are fairly active too.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 02, 2014, 10:33:51 pm »

Of 14 people, you're only willing to consider 6 of them, and view 3 roleclaims as reason to threaten the other half of your 'active players' list with lynching if they don't.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 02, 2014, 10:37:36 pm »

Also: Resurrecting Flabort is an idea I fully support, given the PM I received from TolyK and the questions I'd like to ask him. Does anybody have a day protect?
I've played some mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 02, 2014, 10:41:07 pm »

I've sent off a PM to TolyK to see if it'll work with day actions, since they're asynchronous.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 02, 2014, 10:43:04 pm »

No.  12 players.  I don't know where the number 14 came from.

Tiruin, Vector, Zombie Urist, TheDarkStar, and Varee are relatively inactive this day.  You SPECIFICALLY said you were going to withhold information, which is why I am threatening YOU with the lynch if you don't cough it up.  The fact that you're fighting me on every point I make in that regard proves you have something to hide.

Also, I somehow miscounted, there are 4 roleclaims (me, Jim, Shakerag, and Toaster) out of 7 actually active players.  The inactive ones are less likely to provide a rapid response (and see above: saying you are withholding information played heavily into my voting decision).

PPE: unless someone can give me an action during the day (which would be suboptimal if you don't want anyone killed) then I don't.  Although I suppose I could "kill target" Shakerag should this hypothetical situation occur, thus avoiding needing to kill someone.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 02, 2014, 10:47:34 pm »

The night has ended.
No-one has died!

Votecount:

Shakerag (0)-
Flabort (0)-
Cheetar (0)-
Jack A T (0)-
Zombie Urist (0)-
TheDarkStar (0)-
Vector (0)-
Varee (0)-
Tiruin (0)-
Jim Groovester (0)-
Toaster (0) -
Persus13 (0) -
4maskwolf (0) - 
Mastahcheese (0) -

This had 14 people on it, so, I assumed 14 people left.

I don't want to claim because: The omnipotent Shakerag wants me to claim but is withholding information until I claim. This is probably because he wants to decide if he tells me what 'the real Shakerag' means or not, because I may or may not have a wincon opposing his. So: I don't want to take my chances with the omnipotent deity? I don't know what the real Shakerag means to him. Could you quote where Shakerag roleclaimed?
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 02, 2014, 10:48:59 pm »

A brief test: Unvote 4maskwolf. Vote Flabort. Vote count.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 02, 2014, 11:02:14 pm »

Searching.... searching... none of the search phrases are working... lurker tracker... links are broken...

Fuck it.  Search by hand.

That hurt, to search for it like that.  But I have it.  I was convinced I was going crazy for a second there.

Jim Groovester:
Well geez guys, sorry for wanting to try and break the game and let everyone win.

Unvote.

So you extended the day to tell us that this was possible, but you don't have any details or any idea on how to proceed to make that happen.
Okay, fine.  I assume that since I have a wincon of there being no Shakerags in the game (barring the player) then there would have to be a way to strip the Shakerag aspect of peoples' roles without killing them.  Or, at least, the game would be in a state such that they could win even while dead. 

I also assume that there is a way to use our abilities in such a way that we can all fulfill our wincons together, or have some way to modify wincons such that there is no wincon that can interfere with another. 

So, in the spirit of sharing and working together, I'll tell you about my role. 

My wincon triggers when no Shakerags are left (outside of the player Shakerag). 
I can't be lynched.  In fact, I have multiple abilities that prevent me from being killed in any way, shape, or form.
I lose if there are more Shakerags in the game than there are players.
I have a day ability that lets me gain 2 points of karma.  I have used it already today. 
I have a night ability that is basically a jailkeeper with the added effect of letting me send a message to my target via the mod.
I also technically qualify as a noble. 
I have a "goal" of finding out how to get everyone to win.
There are no mentions of "town" or "scum" or anything similar (outside of what was mentioned above) in any role information of mine.

So.  Now it's up to everyone else to decide what they want to do with that information.

And, technically, I don't even know if that mandate/extend thing really worked or not yet.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 02, 2014, 11:06:52 pm »

Cheers! Shakerag- I'm not a Shakerag. The motivation I have to understand what 'the real Shakerag' means is that TolyK told me I'd understand my wincon by the third day, and this is the only information provided to me by TolyK on day 3. If I am supposed to know the path to achieving my wincon by other ways, I am not sure how to pursue this information. What does it mean to be 'the real Shakerag'?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 101