Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 358994 times)

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1050 on: October 10, 2012, 10:41:02 pm »

Having trouble finding this neat web game I once played.
It was a 2d shoot em up style game, with the game screen being very much NOT like something like Raiden X, but being instead more up and down ish, like a fighting game. Ant farm, not map style. Anyway, in it you play as this small jet airplane(I think?), and fly around shooting down hordes of airplanes and battleships. The game started you off with you being ejected, in a ballistic manner, from a submarine. The entire game was silhouetted, I believe. The name was vaguely German, and the music was very militaristic.
Skulls featured prominently.
The game you are searching for is Luftrauser
nothing

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 10, 2012, 11:01:30 pm »

Thanks, scout890!

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 11, 2012, 03:22:37 am »

I once played a PS2 game where you're a dog, I think square is bark and circle is bite or something like that. Didn't play much, but got to jump over a fence, and seemed (probably wasn't) to be a sandbox. Any ideas? It's been bothering me slightly for years and years D:
Dog's Life?

X-03

• Bay Watcher
  • Resistances must be silenced, the world purged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 12, 2012, 08:54:51 pm »

I once played a PS2 game where you're a dog, I think square is bark and circle is bite or something like that. Didn't play much, but got to jump over a fence, and seemed (probably wasn't) to be a sandbox. Any ideas? It's been bothering me slightly for years and years D:
Dog's Life?
Thanks! :D
Are you LOST?

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 19, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »

It was this kinda tower defense game where you had to keep constantly spawning goo at bay. You had to have generators/energy links and could move your turrets around.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 19, 2012, 10:03:41 pm »

Creeper World. There's a few flash versions running around (Several on kongregate, ferex.), as well as stand alone stuff.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:18:08 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 20, 2012, 10:39:01 am »

Creeper World. There's a few flash versions running around (Several on kongregate, ferex.), as well as stand alone stuff.
THANK YOU.
I was about to post to ask too. It's an awesome game that I would recommend, really.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

X-03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 20, 2012, 04:22:51 pm »

There was this one game which was pretty much JUST 2D space dogfights with Humans vs Aliens, and each had 4 ships. Each ship was actually unique, and I remember the third word in the name of the game was "Quantum". Or at least, I think it was the third. Either way, I just want to check to see if the servers are still down :(

Also, there was this one game where you built a base in 3D, it was freeware, mind, and it was completely multiplayer. There were these flying resource-gatherers, and a WHOLE BUNCH of buildings to choose from, as well as 2-3 factions. The most advanced building was a quantum something, and it played in true RTS fashion, including the victory method. I know this one's gonna be difficult, but I would like to wish you good luck anyway, and you get bonus points (redeemable at any Kzzr'Tak Emporium) if you get this one right! :D
Are you LOST?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 20, 2012, 05:21:19 pm »

Also, there was this one game where you built a base in 3D, it was freeware, mind, and it was completely multiplayer. There were these flying resource-gatherers, and a WHOLE BUNCH of buildings to choose from, as well as 2-3 factions. The most advanced building was a quantum something, and it played in true RTS fashion, including the victory method. I know this one's gonna be difficult, but I would like to wish you good luck anyway, and you get bonus points (redeemable at any Kzzr'Tak Emporium) if you get this one right! :D
Can you give any more details on this? Do you remember anything about any individual units or anything?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 20, 2012, 08:03:07 pm »

This is going to be difficult.

Game was similiar to Langrisser. Moving your units like chess pieces and stuff. I think it was graphically more similar to Langrisser 2. I didn't know English back then so I just played it with my cousin. You could recruit other people to fight with you. After you managed to level up your characters to a certain point, you could advance their classes. I don't remember what effect this advancing-their-classes thing had but I remember their appearance becoming more badass. When you move a character to fight against somebody, there was an animation showing your character to attack. I vividly remember a dwarf warrior wearing green attacking someone with his axe by doing a flip. It didn't show the animation everytime if I remember right though. If your character died you would lose the battle and had to start over again. I used to just keep my character back and attack with others.

There was a big world map and you went location to location in that map. If you were entering a city there wasn't any battles, other times that battle sequence I mentioned above would start.

I don't remember what platform it is. I played it on PC with an emulator. It was NES-looking though. It's probably abandonware now. I don't remember the game very vividly. It may even be the Langrisser but you never hired units in the game or had soldiers. You just had people joining you with a reason or something.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 20, 2012, 08:11:03 pm »

This is going to be difficult.

Game was similiar to Langrisser. Moving your units like chess pieces and stuff. I think it was graphically more similar to Langrisser 2. I didn't know English back then so I just played it with my cousin. You could recruit other people to fight with you. After you managed to level up your characters to a certain point, you could advance their classes. I don't remember what effect this advancing-their-classes thing had but I remember their appearance becoming more badass. When you move a character to fight against somebody, there was an animation showing your character to attack. I vividly remember a dwarf warrior wearing green attacking someone with his axe by doing a flip. It didn't show the animation everytime if I remember right though. If your character died you would lose the battle and had to start over again. I used to just keep my character back and attack with others.

There was a big world map and you went location to location in that map. If you were entering a city there wasn't any battles, other times that battle sequence I mentioned above would start.

I don't remember what platform it is. I played it on PC with an emulator. It was NES-looking though. It's probably abandonware now. I don't remember the game very vividly. It may even be the Langrisser but you never hired units in the game or had soldiers. You just had people joining you with a reason or something.

I dont have a bunch of knowledge about old games, but it sounds vaguely similar to Heroes of Might and Magic.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 20, 2012, 08:39:59 pm »

Sorry buddy but not even close :D My explanation made it look like that though.

Battle sequence looked exactly like these:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Except that everyone from your squad had different sprites (not sure about this one but you had special characters who you can talk to and fight together with I'm sure). Archers could fire from 2 or (if they level up enough I guess) more squares. There wasn't any x10 or anything like that. If a character died, s/he would stay that way until the next battle. After the battle, you could continue on the world map or the local map. When you are in local map (like a city) only your main character could be seen. You can visit shops, talk to your squad members and stuff like that.

The most vivid thing I remember about the game is the animation. Everyone from your squad had one but I remember an axe-wielding dwarf doing a flip and hacking the enemy with his axe. One time, he made that move and missed. My cousin said "Well, if you spin and flip around like that your head is ought to be spinning. No wonder why he missed that!" and made me laugh for like 5 minutes. Animations of characters would change after they reach a certain level. You have to "evolve" them first though.

I once tried to find this game by literally checking a giant list of NES games. I think I should give up on finding this game.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:41:39 pm by Leatra »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 20, 2012, 10:42:05 pm »

Sounds like shining force, honestly. Sega Genesis/Megadrive game. Maybe the fire emblem stuff, but that had permadeath. There's a few more I'm forgetting, hum, but there's not too many SRPGs among the SNES/Genesis/NES era.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:44:25 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

X-03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 22, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »

Can you give any more details on this? Do you remember anything about any individual units or anything?
Well, it MAY also have the word Quantum in the name, although I'm not TOO certain about that. I remember a brownish colour palette for one of the factions IIRC, but it's been more than a few years :P
Are you LOST?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 24, 2012, 02:36:10 am »

Leatra, I'm gonna hazard a guess that you're thinking of Fire Emblem. It had the unique characters and crazy battle animations, archers with a range of two squares, and so forth.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 203