Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 359028 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1200 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:13 pm »

I forgot the name, but it is on the tip of my tongue: very recent game, puzzle genre. You draw things to solve the puzzles (I think), and there were ridiculous/very creative options to solve them:  people's reports on this very forum had stuff like using a flaming squid to reach the bananas on the tree, thus saving the school children.

Anyone?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 28, 2013, 08:12:07 pm »

I forgot the name, but it is on the tip of my tongue: very recent game, puzzle genre. You draw things to solve the puzzles (I think), and there were ridiculous/very creative options to solve them:  people's reports on this very forum had stuff like using a flaming squid to reach the bananas on the tree, thus saving the school children.

Anyone?
While it's not recent, Scribblenauts sounds like that sort of thing maybe.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 28, 2013, 08:18:26 pm »

Anyone?
There's a recent iteration of it called Scribblenauts Unlimited, though.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm looking for a lovecraftian roguelike that was posted here a long time ago. It wasn't ASCII, it had very simple sprites. You were a detective or some such, you had a pistol and could find other weapons. You started in a forest with wolves, found a dungeon, and started delving. The creatures were mythos themed obviously. Hmm.. my memory is pretty bad so I can't really give any more examples. I've been wanting to find it again and play it/share it with a friend.

I couldn't find it in the free games list, and searching the forum didn't help since I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

This, iirc. Might have had or now have a different name or somethin', I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's definitely the game I was looking for! Thanks so much Frumple.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Anyone?

I think it might've been Drawn to Life if it was for the DS.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A browser-based game, last played it a few years ago, had "nation" or "country" or something in the title.  It was a multiplayer long-term, where everyone had a country or supernational corporation in a large world, and you managed the operations of it.  As a country you could deal with economic things, like national corporations and infrastructure, with some pretty fine control, and there was also a military part that was pretty in-depth.  The main country screen had a map of your country on it, and you could click different regions to see what they were doing.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A browser-based game, last played it a few years ago, had "nation" or "country" or something in the title.  It was a multiplayer long-term, where everyone had a country or supernational corporation in a large world, and you managed the operations of it.  As a country you could deal with economic things, like national corporations and infrastructure, with some pretty fine control, and there was also a military part that was pretty in-depth.  The main country screen had a map of your country on it, and you could click different regions to see what they were doing.
SimCountry?

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia

This one is bugging the crap out of me:

Looking for a shareware RPG game that I played back ~2001. It may be up to a decade older than that though...

It was a tile based fantasy RPG (not isometric). Your party is a single character on screen, but when combat is triggered they are all represented on a new map where you play out the combat in turns again the enemys.

You start in a big underground cavern, fighting mostly goblins I think.. and then later get to the surface. Can't remember much more though...

Had a character editor that was useful for reviving party members that died in combat.

Making Maia; a space colony management sim: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118473.0

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SimCountry?

Thanks, that was it.  I actually found that one, but did not consider it because of the space stuff on the front page.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking for a shareware RPG game that I played back ~2001. It may be up to a decade older than that though...

It was a tile based fantasy RPG (not isometric). Your party is a single character on screen, but when combat is triggered they are all represented on a new map where you play out the combat in turns again the enemys.

You start in a big underground cavern, fighting mostly goblins I think.. and then later get to the surface. Can't remember much more though...

Had a character editor that was useful for reviving party members that died in combat.
Natuk perhaps?

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia

Natuk perhaps?

Don't think so.

Edit. YESSS I found it http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/BOEcombat1.GIF

I think it was either Exile III: Ruined World (1997), or Blades of Exile (1997)
Making Maia; a space colony management sim: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118473.0

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok here's one that might puzzle you guys: I'm looking for a tank combat game that had isometric graphics, and where most of the weapons fired by tanks were futuristic pasers and stuff(still had slugs and rockets IIRC). It was definitively mostly multiplayer, where you could cap several forward bases for repair and rearm, as well as for victory at the end of the match. I remember most though, is a force missile that allowed you to fling tanks into objects and off the map entirely
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone?

*Facepalm* thanks so much!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 203