Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 357596 times)

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't have much info on this game as I played it at a time where I wasn't really into these kinds of things.

It was a MUD style browser based game. I believe the background color for the page was a dark green. It was sort of like a medieval life game and you would start on this massive continent. I think it started with either a C or a U. It seemed really deep, and had a large amount of skills. I was kind of scared off by the depth of it so I never really played it much.

I know this is extremely vague, but hopefully someone can figure it out lol

Cantr?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

A Star Wars FPS for the PC. From what I remember, it was a multiplayer arena FPS. Weapons were typical Star Wars fare, like blasters, the wookie's laser crossbow and so on. I remember being able to choose skins at the beggining of matches, and that most of the maps were based off of locations from the original trilogy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Star Wars Battlefront? Although that was also on consoles, I imagine it would play better on PCs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

A Star Wars FPS for the PC. From what I remember, it was a multiplayer arena FPS. Weapons were typical Star Wars fare, like blasters, the wookie's laser crossbow and so on. I remember being able to choose skins at the beggining of matches, and that most of the maps were based off of locations from the original trilogy.
Wookie laser crossbow makes me think it is one of the Jedi Knight games. Jedi Outcast maybe?
I mean, this would assume that you completely missed out on the single-player storylines, but stranger things have happened :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Wookie laser crossbow makes me think it is one of the Jedi Knight games. Jedi Outcast maybe?
I mean, this would assume that you completely missed out on the single-player storylines, but stranger things have happened :P
Hmm, I do remember playing one of the Jedi Knight games, if I'm correct. I don't remember the name, and I never got that far into the game, but I remember how it started off. I don't remember if it's the same game, but it propably is.

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
Re: Forgot the name of this game
« Reply #1775 on: June 24, 2014, 06:16:23 am »

A good friend who doesn't game much has tasked me with finding an old game...
called Glyph or Glyph 2 something like it...
-Egyptian theme... 2 dimensional graphics
-game play - you are at bottom of a room where enemy birds** spawned on ledges above you,
** They laid eggs and attacked or you something.
"As the level increased the birds came faster and there were harder birds."

We think this was an Apple Performa game,
though I recall a similar sounding game for the ancient Apple IIc/e giant old floppy computer with much worse graphics and birds that reminded me of buzzards.

P.S.
Anyone else remember Star Blazer for the old Apple? Insanely hard scroller, level 1 was "bomb the radar".
Ahh, playing random Apple II games my Dad, who taught computers when there were punch cards still, brought home from school
with no manual or instructions - good times. Till I wore the discs out.  :'(
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 24, 2014, 07:23:58 am »

-game play - you are at bottom of a room where enemy birds** spawned on ledges above you,

though I recall a similar sounding game for the ancient Apple IIc/e giant old floppy computer with much worse graphics and birds that reminded me of buzzards.

P.S.
Anyone else remember Star Blazer for the old Apple? Insanely hard scroller, level 1 was "bomb the radar".
Ahh, playing random Apple II games my Dad, who taught computers when there were punch cards still, brought home from school
with no manual or instructions - good times. Till I wore the discs out.  :'(

That first game sounds a bit like "Joust". The game was a wrapping 2D arena where you play as knights riding on ostriches trying to joust the other player with your tiny pixel lance. Pterodactyls would fly on screen every now and then and eggs would appear that you had to collect or more pterodactyls would spawn from them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tardigrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a space game with randomly generated planets, you just fly around, it had amazing graphics as well.

Transcendence? (http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 25, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »

Glypha 3?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Game where you play a space-container salvager, the gimmick is shifting gravity between each container and carious tools to break/navigate through them while fighting off the enemies that are in there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Game where you play a space-container salvager, the gimmick is shifting gravity between each container and carious tools to break/navigate through them while fighting off the enemies that are in there.

Cargo Commander?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Cargo Commander?
That's the one, thanks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

There was this one Breakout clone game I played ages ago, and its unique seller point was that sometimes dwarves/gnomes would pop up from the blocks and would start throwing pots at your bat, stunning it. You could also hit the with your ball, causing them to fly, and bounce them around with the bat, and they could eventually explode if you bounced them around enough times, giving you extra points.

It was stupid fun, but I can't remember the name of it for crap. I got it from a shovelware CD though, and unlike most other games and programs said CD contained it was a really good game. Plus dwarves...Or gnomes. Come on.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:03:43 am by DarkDXZ »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Ok, apparently I'm retarded.

It WAS Aidyn Chronicles: The Last Mage.
Frumple gets my internets.

Also, picked up Ogre Battle 64 on an emulator, guess now I'm gonna have to go back and grab that too...of course I'm pretty sure the site that lets you download said emulator and such is the one that gave me a cubic fuckton of adware, but I guess I'll just have to soldier through it and run Malwarebytes again :P

So yeah, sorry for being retarded and wasting you guys time XD
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Oh good, because I was REALLY curious about what else it could have been :P
Surprised so many of people here have played Aidyn Chronicles. I have mostly fond memories of it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 203