Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 344603 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #765 on: January 28, 2018, 09:19:36 pm »

"It's because they don't want you to bring that bag. I'm not making the rules here, I'm just enforcing them. If they don't want you to bring that bag yourself, then I can't do anything about that. They don't trust you."
Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 28, 2018, 10:16:33 pm »

"Humph. If I weren't trustworthy then I'd be trying to sneak along or whatever. Not just directly ask."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 29, 2018, 10:39:59 am »

Leave through the back. Wander off towards Perlatum if things quiet down. Otherwise, take the side of the probably-not criminal faction.

Also, new list for sculpture?

"All this lead around, and they build the town out of wood. Damnfool yokels."

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 29, 2018, 06:35:18 pm »

Execute plan "nice boat": Use 10 mana to get +1 to will. Then use the 10 mana Darwin gives me to summon a bunch of wood. Summon it in the shape of a raft/boat, but only if this doesn't increase the difficulty.

Once done, help Darwin in fashioning said wood into a raft/boat we can use.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #769 on: January 31, 2018, 12:05:00 pm »

"..Okay, if you can do it without killing him.  I'll see if I can distract him."

Allow them to shoot the guy.  Use Sound to see if I can make the guy think someone is coming up behind him, to make it easier for the guards.  Then disarm and heal the guy up if they successfully grab him.  Then let him dry out.

Spoiler: Sakido (click to show/hide)
You use your magic [2 mana] to summon up a shout behind the man. He spins to face it and the guards promptly shoot  a bolt into his leg. He yelps and falls and they quickly disarm and drag him in. You get him strapped to a table and heal the wound in his leg [1 mana] before leaving him to "dry out". He gets more coherent as he sobers up but not any less aggressive. In fact his vocabulary of swearing just increases.

"Sorry, but my bag goes with me everywhere I go. It's got everything I need for my job, including delicate equipment, and medicine both mind-affecting and poisonous. I can't trust anyone else to handle it, and it's irreplaceable if it gets messed up."
After I'm done treating them, I'll put the robe on. I do not let my bag be taken.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
"You can trust me with the bag, healer lady. I'll make sure no one else takes it and you can have it back when we return from the trip."
Try to talk with the church members to let me take care of the bag. The priests hired me for this stuff.
The nearest priest looks to Randolf and gives him a little smiling nod, as though to say "Do what you need to do".

Give 10 mana to Ecalir, so he can lvl an have enough left to summon wood.

After the wood is created, start turning it into a simple boat/raft. Then start working on a way for us to lower down the raft carefully, such as tying rope to it and using one of the jade pillars as a support/pulley so we can lower it down slowly and safely. Does that seem like it'd work?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Execute plan "nice boat": Use 10 mana to get +1 to will. Then use the 10 mana Darwin gives me to summon a bunch of wood. Summon it in the shape of a raft/boat, but only if this doesn't increase the difficulty.

Once done, help Darwin in fashioning said wood into a raft/boat we can use.

[5v4]
You summon up a nice wooden boat. Well, a big piece of wood in the shape of a boat, actually.

Leave through the back. Wander off towards Perlatum if things quiet down. Otherwise, take the side of the probably-not criminal faction.

Also, new list for sculpture?

"All this lead around, and they build the town out of wood. Damnfool yokels."

You slip out the back and get a bit away from town.

You need a mummified heart, serpent's venom, A hollow glass orb, the fresh eyeball of someone with royal blood, and a map showing a place that no longer exists.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 31, 2018, 12:54:32 pm »

If he's unwilling to calm down or be calmed down, toss him out but keep his weapons.  Hugging angry guy for mana is very tempting, though.  If Sakido thinks that might calm him down, do it.  If not, just toss him out.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:10:15 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 31, 2018, 02:21:17 pm »

Work together with Ecalir and Rufus to slowly lower down the boat into the water using rope, and a jade pillar as support. Then we can go down one by one along the rope Ecalir used before and get in the boat.

After that, we go over to Atlantis that city with the Dolmen and say hi.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:01:37 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 31, 2018, 05:26:28 pm »

Sigh
I just sit down and wait for the problem to solve itself. Either the church members let the healer descend with her bag or she decides to leave it with me. I'm not going to get involved in this bag problem anymore.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 01, 2018, 11:11:36 am »

Questions: How much mana did I spend, and how big is the boat? Like, how many people will it comfortably fit.

Regardless, work with Darwin and Rufus to slowly lower down the boat into the water using rope, and a jade pillar as support. Then we can go down one by one along the rope I used before and get in the boat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 01, 2018, 02:27:12 pm »

I'm bored with cave and am starting to feel like being somebody else. Is there anything interesting to do here? I guess I should get on the raft and check out that sunken city, but unless there's something Fun there or the caveventure ends soon, I think I'll depossess Behiar.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 01, 2018, 04:03:23 pm »

None of those should be too much of a problem. But first, storm through the town restoring justice and order with crossbow and flame. And loot guns if available.

[/quote]
One wheel short of a wagon

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 02, 2018, 06:25:39 pm »

Go buy a pry bar, then continue working my Garbage Alchemizing business until it's time to go get that magical object in the catacombs. When it is time and the temple is empty, go into the catacombs and pry that slab away, then go retrieve the object.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 03, 2018, 05:32:47 am »

I'm bored with cave and am starting to feel like being somebody else. Is there anything interesting to do here? I guess I should get on the raft and check out that sunken city, but unless there's something Fun there or the caveventure ends soon, I think I'll depossess Behiar.

((It'd be a shame if you respawned, but totally understandable, yeah. I hope we'll find our tablets here soon, but if not you could always explore around a bit on your own or start returning to the town by yourself if you want to. If you respawn but would still be interested in playing together once we're out of this godforsaken place, you could hang around somewhere nearby on the map and we could meet up again later.

Or just forget all that noise, become a magebreaker like pw mentioned once and go break people, that's always an entertaining option  :P ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #778 on: February 04, 2018, 11:31:46 am »

Sigh
I just sit down and wait for the problem to solve itself. Either the church members let the healer descend with her bag or she decides to leave it with me. I'm not going to get involved in this bag problem anymore.
You sit and you wait. The lady is mostly giving everyone the silent treatment right now.

If he's unwilling to calm down or be calmed down, toss him out but keep his weapons.  Hugging angry guy for mana is very tempting, though.  If Sakido thinks that might calm him down, do it.  If not, just toss him out.

Gonna assume this means try to calm him.

[2v5]

You stand around for several minutes attempting to talk the man down from his rage but in the end you just end up being angry. You're not even able to pry the who or why out of him; he just keeps screaming. You're not really sure if hugging him would calm him, but you are sure that you could pull mana from him as he is.

None of those should be too much of a problem. But first, storm through the town restoring justice and order with crossbow and flame. And loot guns if available.

You turn back around and walk back into town, though this time you don't go through a burning building. You walk down a side alley and come out on the street, across from the mining office and the raiders.
[5v2]
You shoot one of the raiders in the back with your crossbow and then unleash a gout of flame that coats the ground between you and the raiders, obscuring your movement to a building across the way. The raiders are yelling and you can hear some of them running while others, probably the boss, yell to stop panicking. They do this mostly with insults.

Go buy a pry bar, then continue working my Garbage Alchemizing business until it's time to go get that magical object in the catacombs. When it is time and the temple is empty, go into the catacombs and pry that slab away, then go retrieve the object.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)

You get your prybar and head to the temple when the time is right. You pry off the slab, which you find right where the sculpture told you,  and climb down a decaying wooden ladder into a pitch dark tunnel.

Alright, though it seems an odd time to do so, right as they reach their destination.

Questions: How much mana did I spend, and how big is the boat? Like, how many people will it comfortably fit.

Regardless, work with Darwin and Rufus to slowly lower down the boat into the water using rope, and a jade pillar as support. Then we can go down one by one along the rope I used before and get in the boat.

You spent 4 mana.

The boat is about as big as a normal canoe and has seats for 2 people but looks like it could hold 3 reasonably comfortably.

Work together with Ecalir and Rufus to slowly lower down the boat into the water using rope, and a jade pillar as support. Then we can go down one by one along the rope Ecalir used before and get in the boat.

After that, we go over to Atlantis that city with the Dolmen and say hi.

Together with Rufus and whats her face, the would be deserter, you lower the boat down into the waters below. Then You and Eclair and I assume Behiar, climb down into the boat and disconnect it from the ropes. You don't have paddles so you have to paddle over by hand, like surfers on a very oversized board. It takes a while but you reach an unsunken part of the city and pull the boat up onto it. You're on the roof of some part of the city, a large cube with a hole in the top leading into its internals. You're not there for more than 10 seconds before a Dolman pokes  its head around a corner up ahead and points one ear at you. It sits, silent and unmoving as a stone, and waits.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 04, 2018, 11:51:02 am »

Together with Rufus and whats her face, the would be deserter, you lower the boat down into the waters below. Then You and Eclair and I assume Behiar, climb down into the boat and disconnect it from the ropes. You don't have paddles so you have to paddle over by hand, like surfers on a very oversized board. It takes a while but you reach an unsunken part of the city and pull the boat up onto it. You're on the roof of some part of the city, a large cube with a hole in the top leading into its internals. You're not there for more than 10 seconds before a Dolman pokes  its head around a corner up ahead and points one ear at you. It sits, silent and unmoving as a stone, and waits.

Darwin starts speaking slowly, taking care to enunciate clearly in case this Dolman isn't well versed in their language.
"Greetings noble Dolman. We are a band of explorers who have come to seek for artifacts of the past and we come in peace. Would you be willing to help us find what we seek? We are also interested in trading with you, if you are interested."

Courteous, but to the point. From what he'd heard of them, that would hopefully be a good way to approach these creatures.

Make nice with the nice salamandermen.

(To save time with npc convo's, you can choose to process as much of the following as you feel like): if the Dolmen are friendly or at least willing to trade, describe to them the tablets we're looking for. Also ask them what this structure is and about its history. Finally, ask if they have any valuables or other artifacts to trade. We can offer them food, wood or other things made or done through our magic (eg. making something super-sharp).

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:20:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 203