_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5754532 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #8145 on: October 07, 2012, 12:12:00 pm »

((@Drama: Somewhere in the darkest pits of the machine, at least one VR Milno is retching.))
((Thanks for the compliment.  ::)))

Steve: How many bets are on the away team at this current time?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: October 07, 2012, 12:32:56 pm »

"Want it? Want it?! It almost got you killed. One glance at it sent me to the barracks contemplating firing my rifle. Yes, I want it... destroyed. Got that?"
"Unfortunate. Thought young people like offensive art. This painting more offensive than anything. Think there might be market for it. Maybe underappreciated at first, later true modern art masterpiece. Don't want to destroy possible future cultural treasure. Awful now, loved later, perhaps? Throat-slitter was pretty old, though. Food for thought."
"That thing isn't offensive art, it's, it's..." Gorat trails off looking for the right word, paling as he (thinks he) finds it, "... an anomaly."

He stays put for a few minutes trying not to think.

"Does early thirties really still count as 'young people'?" he wonders in no particular direction.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: October 07, 2012, 12:35:03 pm »

Thomas goes and gets his pants, then drowns his confusion and growing depression in alcohol and television.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: October 07, 2012, 02:19:41 pm »

It would be fine if you put up a fight or something like that, not so much because I believe that both of us don't want this fight to last longer.

If Maurice attacks with any other thing besides the MFM, avoid the attack and try to stab through his heart.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8149 on: October 07, 2012, 02:58:43 pm »

You know, I just had an idea. You'd be proud of me, doctor Bikowski!
Ask the AM this:
"Pardon, but do you have any portable digital projectors I could get for free? Something that makes a big picture, preferably. Also, who might want painting?"
If she does, get one. Spend two tokens for a gauss rifle as well. Afterwards, go to VR, familiarize yourself with it and upload the painting images if I can.
"No thanks, not gonna help you project that thing around."
Examine surroundings.
You're in a vr machine. There is a console in front of you as well as a pair of wired up gloves, some sort of helmet and a thin plastic hose with a needle at one end.

"Cool.  Man, everyone should try chopping their own head off, dying, then watching a new blank slate head growing from their own body.  Trippy."
Open Tinker.  Spawn a "Rod from God" (giant tungsten pole dropped from orbit onto a strategic target) and a kinetic amp.  Attach the kinetic amp to the end of the weapon.
Open Duel, spawn an Earth-like inhabited planet, the Kinetic Hammer in orbit above it, and a big red launch button in my observation point well out of harm's way.

Mesk pops the VR helmet off and shouts "Hey!  I'm about to possibly destroy a planet, anyone wanna watch it with me?" before putting the helmet back on and hovering his hand over the button...
You set up your orbiting tungsten rod and give yourself a nice red launch button.
((Filko I think. Something close to that anyway. Might be best to just make a "mook" combatant. 4 in all stats, 1 in each skill. Makes battle test maths easy. No bonuses or anything. ))

"Hmmm, can't even really think what the guy looked like all that much. Must still be pretty groggy from cryo. Oh well."

Finish VR session. Close all projects. Exit VR. Look to see if there's anybody not VRing in the Rec room. Take a bit of notice of how many people are in the Rec room, what they look like, etc. If there is someone that isn't VRing here, ask them:

"Hey. If we wanted to buy bits of equipment that isn't standard, who should we ask? I don't know if some of the stuff I was playing with is in the armoury. Pretty basic stuff, hammers and switches and crap. Don't think they'd have too many bits and peices around here.
Oh, and have you guys got anyone good at putting things together on the ship? I can think of 'em, but I can't really make 'em myself."

Wait for answer.
((Filko I think. Something close to that anyway. Might be best to just make a "mook" combatant. 4 in all stats, 1 in each skill. Makes battle test maths easy. No bonuses or anything. ))

"Hmmm, can't even really think what the guy looked like all that much. Must still be pretty groggy from cryo. Oh well."

Finish VR session. Close all projects. Exit VR. Look to see if there's anybody not VRing in the Rec room. Take a bit of notice of how many people are in the Rec room, what they look like, etc. If there is someone that isn't VRing here, ask them:

"Hey. If we wanted to buy bits of equipment that isn't standard, who should we ask? I don't know if some of the stuff I was playing with is in the armoury. Pretty basic stuff, hammers and switches and crap. Don't think they'd have too many bits and peices around here.
Oh, and have you guys got anyone good at putting things together on the ship? I can think of 'em, but I can't really make 'em myself."

Wait for answer.
There seem to be a lot of people in this room, though they all look fairly similar what with the gray clothing and general psychosis. You decide to talk to the guy smashing bits of broken dishwasher with a hammer. You ask him your questions and wait for his reply.
Search VR for any propulsion methods that run on electricity and work in a vacuum.
Does that include ones that just use Field manipulators?
>Wield tenderizing mallet.

>Tenderize my collection of scrap metal.

>Tenderize it into a weapon!

...Preferably a club.
[handi:2]
You hammer on the dishwasher bits for a while but all that comes of it is a lot of broken dishwasher parts.
((@Drama: Somewhere in the darkest pits of the machine, at least one VR Milno is retching.))

Combat test time: Set the second mission's wasteland lanscape, Milno in a Melee Battlesuit against a Standard Battlesuit enemy set to aggressive and with an energy projector as its weapon; both battlesuits have their kinetic amps activated. They start far enough from each other for the Standard to use one swipe of the energy projector before being engaged in melee.

First Action: Dash towards the Standard Battlesuit and try to cut it in half with the I-Beam Sword.

You mean a high energy projector right? The phrasing  of "Swipe" is confusing me.
"Oh, okay. I guess I'll ask the Doc when he gets here."

Wait for Doc. If Doc arrives, inquire about the samples.
The Doctor wander in a moment later, flanked by the giant robot that is Lukas. "Now then. I'm thinking that first we make you able to survive the temperatures."
Search the machine for any kind of fairly-powerful back-mount computer, failing to find one, make one capable of running VR.

((5 cookies say that Maurice uses the MFM as a distraction and cuts up Travis while Travis goes after the MFM.))
Turns out there actually are computers designed specifically to be carried on the back. Huh. You look for one that is good enough to run tinker and check its price. 9 tokens.
((Thanks for the compliment.  ::)))

Steve: How many bets are on the away team at this current time?
>Two.
Thomas goes and gets his pants, then drowns his confusion and growing depression in alcohol and television.
You retrieve your pants from the armory and get into them before walking to the rec room and sitting on the couch. Hmm, now which booze to drink?
Well, making it short, I have to kill you just for experience. Don't worry, it's not forever and you will be resssurrected if I don't atack your brain. I just have to temporarily kill you. Sorry pal, my master's order.

Slash at the arm he'll try to use to input on the MFM.
Sounds reasonable. Do you want me to put up a real fight, or would you just like me to resist a bit? Or is it okay if I just surrender?
Look around the room for something I can wipe the Instrument with. Put the MFM on my belt for the moment.

((5 cookies say that Maurice uses the MFM as a distraction and cuts up Travis while Travis goes after the MFM.))
(( Dammit, you saw through my clever ruse! The cookies are yours. ...I should probably rethink my tactics now.
EDIT: As the original plan, I mean, not as a response to Renen's action. Also, Renen, not Travis.))

Well, for some reason I think the last option would mean no revival for me even if the brain is intact. So, the real question is - is it okay for me to try killing you in return? I mean, I wouldn't want to ruin your career or something.
Also, I - I think you'd prefer me to abstain from using the MFM in this simple knife fight, right? Actually, I asked for it only because I did not know how 'unfair' this fight was supposed to be. Remembering Thrak's fate and all.

If Renen attacks without replying or explicitly allows me to retaliate, sidestep the attack and stab him in the chest.
[Renen dex:6+1]
[Maurice dex:1]
[Renen str:3+1]
[maurice end:1]
Renen moves in a flash, his blade nothing but a vague glint as it carves down, cutting into Maurice's mechanical hand. The robotic limb goes limp as synthetic muscles tear.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: October 07, 2012, 03:07:32 pm »

Search VR for any propulsion methods that run on electricity and work in a vacuum.
Does that include ones that just use Field manipulators?
((Interesting, never thought of that before. Yeah, include the field manipulators.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: October 07, 2012, 03:10:22 pm »

DROP THE HAMMER

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: October 07, 2012, 03:10:44 pm »

Drink heavily. Avoid crying.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: October 07, 2012, 03:14:36 pm »

Travis let out a sigh of relief, and a calm came over him. For the first time since he was dumped on this ship, he felt safe, at least as safe as one can be when surrounded by homicidal team mates.

"Good. Thanks. Another question. Buckler over here comes with 50 rounds of Gauss. I assume the rifle is still semi-automatic? If so, he won't need that many rounds for a long time. Could I sell 30 of those rounds for a 3 token refund?

Ask
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: October 07, 2012, 03:14:59 pm »

Discard that idea for now, then, and open up a laser rifle. See both what frequency of the EM spectrum it's on and if it's possible to change that.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: October 07, 2012, 03:26:26 pm »

"Why not? Would make for a wonderful weapon and/or manipulation tool for people. Anti-UWM rebels, for one. I promise not to use it against my teammates, and I take promises very seriously."
Upon receiving an answer, get my gauss rifle if I haven't already, then leave for VR.
Upload images to VR in a publically-viewable folder called "DO NOT OPEN". Protect them with ingenious original password ("password").

Perfect! I can think of no way people could bypass this security system.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:31:11 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: October 07, 2012, 03:31:34 pm »

Owww. Maurice smiled behind the faceplate.
He's good. Well, guess it is me here who needs a good fencing practice.
Using the opponent's impulse, circumwalk him and jab the Instrument into his spine, preferably somewhere on the neck. Avoid trying to cut through the heat exchange fins, though. ((We are both in suits, I take it? If Renen isn't, disregard the last sentence.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: October 07, 2012, 03:44:57 pm »

((@GM: Yeah, high energy projector, and I meant "sweep", my bad.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: October 07, 2012, 04:08:11 pm »

"Argh, shit!" Floki scowled, then turned to the man talking to him.

"Shit, man, ya distracted me. How the hell should I know, I just got here. Armory? Where's that?"

>Answer question with one of my own.

Wait for answer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: October 07, 2012, 04:34:48 pm »

DROP THE HAMMER

((You set up that whole scenario for the sole purpose of saying that line?

Nice.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 2101