Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Vijiriwek: Drive them out, cleanse this infection.  (Read 10712 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: Ashta Martia. Fates guide me.
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2020, 10:13:52 pm »

Do you still have your machete. Haver didn't take it, she just drew her own sword.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: Ashta Martia. Fates guide me.
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2020, 08:56:34 am »

I thought when she struck me and knocked it away, she had disarmed me.
Still sticking with the action in question, because hot damn that turn had my ass handed to me.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:42:17 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vijiriwek: Eltec, Teren, Optor: Tenenaven. Gods guide me home.
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2020, 12:30:44 am »

"Are you certain you know how to kill people? You are supposed to shoot them in the head. Like this!"
Keep making heads pop. Next one is Haver Just. If she dies or is otherwise dealt with, then the most non-wounded of the other enemies loses their head. If resolve goes to 0 refill it with stamina.
Semiauto headshot the armored bookbearer. Secondary targets are wounded but active enemies. Tertiary are any enemies left prioritizing the easiest to hit.

for clarification - I am not attempting point shots against unarmored targets. only attempting headshots vs Haver Just.
Sorry for not responding life got busy and I didn't see this update.
Mallo, now worried that he is in the open, disarmed and heavily wounded, tries to retrieve his weapon and head for the cover of the mansion, where the two gunners on the balcony could not strike him.

[This doesn't really involve any rolls]

Mallo quickly steps out of the mask-wearing Acolyte's range, then turns and runs off to the corner of the mansion, safely breaking line-of-sight.
[Hunkered down]

[Clot: No Lucidity restored]

[Marksmanship: 10]

Haver Just is transformed from a person into destroyed meat. To snippy's eyes, the ejecta takes on an odd, surreal form as chunks of it fly up and out, out towards the something watching over this battlefield. In that spray os red and pink, he can see a distinct pattern, that of paralell lines which twist and sway not due to the breeze, but alongside it.
A moment. The lines scream, something new passing through them, angry and intent to make one last grasp at the world, but then it is gone.

[Control: 16]
[Marksmanship: 10 11 12]

Erin's first shot is low, but she corrects and lands a shot on the already injured Hint Doer, who collapses in a gurgling pile of spasming, dying flesh.
The next shot is directed towards the other, uninjured autopistol-holder, Exotic Rave. She yells in pain responding to the hit.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chaoskl21 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parisbre56 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vijiriwek: Drive them out, cleanse this infection.
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2020, 01:40:56 am »

Drop the brisk, and charge through the front door of the manor, leaving all the eldritch nonsense and scrubs behind.  That stuff's someone else's problem.

Synlocar sprints forwards over the ground which happens to now not be covered, exactly, by anyone, jumps up the steps, and kicks in the door.
As he runs past Exotic Rave, hunkered near the door, she points her pistol at him and holds down the trigger. Apparently not quite cognisant of the fact that the magazine is empty.

Synlocar kicks down the large front door and mindlessly surges through, finding himself in an opulant mansion's front room. Well, disregarding how the whole place seems to be falling apart, and how random items are strewn over the ground.
He just barely catches sight of a trio of Scrubs hurrying up the stairs to the second level.

Gaffe Retriever, Undone Gore, Forlorn Stump [Unarmed Scrubs]: A young man with brown hair, a woman with spiky chartreuse hair, and a slightly older man, all wearing simple masks. None of them are visibly armed.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chaoskl21 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parisbre56 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 01:42:59 am by Egan_BW »

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vijiriwek: Drive them out, cleanse this infection.
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2020, 07:16:48 am »

Stay back and try to hit as many people as possible with my sniper

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2020, 04:15:17 pm »

Keep the 360 noscope headshots coming. Whistle a merry tune to maintain my resolve.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2020, 06:01:37 pm »

Mallo tries to staunch the bleeding from the slice in his chest so that he can re-enter combat  without worrying about dropping the next time he got hit.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2020, 11:47:29 am »

waiting to see how the enemy's actions go before posting mine.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vijiriwek.
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2020, 05:31:24 pm »

Been a while. This isn't very interesting to me relative to the amount of focus necessary to update it in compliance with the rules, and the rules haven't really generated any interesting gameplay so far. Haven't seen any strategy emerge beyond shooting at the other guys. I guess it might be easier if there were any automated rolling script or something, but I don't know how to do that so lol.

If you're a player and still paying attention to this, feel free to vote between the following two options: abandon this game, or continue with simplified rules.

(Simplified rules: skill checks are still 3d6 with your skill as modifier, all other systems are tossed in the trash. Feel free to try different things, but they'll be handled more narratively rather than by hard rules.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2020, 06:44:17 pm »

Been a while. This isn't very interesting to me relative to the amount of focus necessary to update it in compliance with the rules, and the rules haven't really generated any interesting gameplay so far. Haven't seen any strategy emerge beyond shooting at the other guys.
Lets break down our team composition for a moment:
We have 2 snipers - they are both heavily built for single-shot headshots at long range. They are incentivized to only do a single attack pattern because of the 5-head-damage-autokill rule. They also are both vulnerable to close-in enemies. As a result it is unlikely for either of them to vary their attacks without being forced to do so.
Next we have Erin, who is mid-range, armored, and carrying the team's only medkit. As the primary medic she has to preserve herself, and because she has an all-rounder kit she can engage from long range with the snipers but if they get rushed by something she can then move to intercept and handle the now-close-range threat. This means she will ALSO be standing back and shooting up until the snipers get rushed. So thats 3/5 that are going to generally play from the rear.
Now however we get to our close-range fighters. We have the shotgunner, who just now charged ahead into an entirely different area, and we have our heavily injured meele-only guy with no armor, who, being heavily injured, has to just hide and self-treat for now.
So with the two close-range fighters being out of the fight, the remaining three are pretty much guarenteed to just stay back and pick off the remaining enemies one-by-one.
If you want to break up this combat loop, you need something to get in close on the long-range fighters.  Examples include attack dogs, stealthy assassins, or an ogre with a meele weapon.

Now then, why arent other systems being utilized:
Stamina, resolve, and lucidity are all endurance stats. As players, they matter to us because we have to go through fight after fight, and they get gradually worn down. However, we don't have a good way to wear down the enemies endurace stats anywhere near as efficiently as simply targeting either the vitality stat or the headshot instant-kill is.
Okay, so we might not be able to use them against the enemy, but what about using them for ourselves? Is there any actions we could take that would benefit us in exchange for losing some long-term endurance?... eh, not really.
So... why would we interact with those stats needlessly? Answer: we wont.

So if you want more varied gameplay here's my suggestions:
1) more enemy variety. Variations on the "guys with guns" theme will all be handled the same way. Add in enemies that aggressively move in close on our long-range people. And add non-human threats as well. Mobile battlefield hazards that we have to periodically move to avoid would help too.
2) remove the headshot instant-kill or add enemies that ignore it. Its game-breakingly efficient and is basically the only option vs most enemies thus far considering it cuts the number of actions needed to put down an enemy in half or even lower. The guy with armor just now is a great case-in-point about why it's really the only way to go, and we can't do much ELSE because it's THAT good.
3) add ways to exhaust ourselves for temporary tactical gains. I know giving us more complex actions is the opposite of simplifying the system like you want, but we can't vary our actions and gameplay without the tools to do it. I suggest having a neutral eldritch entity that we can trade endurance-type stats to for battlefield effects.
4) the meele-only unarmored guy with eldritch knowledge needs some GM attention. Give him something to interact with that he's going to be better at than our more traditional individuals.

my vote is for the option that isn't to abandon the game.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]