Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 213314 times)

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2010, 10:30:44 am »

Awesome! New Arch package up in the AUR and in arch-games :)

:D

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2010, 10:41:41 am »

um... i'm having some problems running it. namely, i can't find what i'm supposed to open among all my 40d stuff. is it Dwarf_Fortress.rar? because i have NO idea what a .rar is. at all.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2010, 10:44:23 am »

Toady and Baughn have done a great job to bring it this far, well done!

Problems I've had so far (that I didn't notice with 03 or 40d#)...
Linux (Ubuntu)
- Sound is fine
- F11 fullscreen doesn't work, just seems to switch the tileset from square to not square
- if the window is resized when the screen isn't refreshing (eg. after selecting "Play now!" and before Strike the earth appears) it doesn't recalc the grid unless you resize again.
 - squad create = instant crash
- mouse scroll/zoom not working?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

cbpye

• Bay Watcher
  • Nerd Harder
    • View Profile
    • cbpye.net
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2010, 10:54:29 am »

I have also experienced a sudden crash upon squad creation.

Phenixmirage

• Bay Watcher
  • Weak vs. Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2010, 11:02:21 am »

For the people who're having trouble getting DF to display across the entire window (without the black space), try setting FPS_CAP:0, G_FPS_CAP:0, and/or ARB_SYNC:NO.  For whatever reason these settings seem to interfere with DF using the entire window. It seems to be somewhat dependent on what print mode you're using. (Example: ARB_SYNC:YES was ok with PRINT_MODE:STANDARD, but with PRINT_MODE:FRAME_BUFFER I got the "letterbox" effect again.)

For reference, my system specs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:05:53 am by Phenixmirage »

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2010, 11:05:17 am »

@foop: I've had that problem on my macbook pro.  For whatever reason it's doesn't like the "delete" as a "Backspace" key.  I fixed it by editing interface.txt by hand and finding and changing these lines:

[BIND:STRING_A000:REPEAT_SLOW]
[SYM:0:Delete]

(It says "Backspace" by default, I changed to "Delete" and it worked.)   This might affect whether or not your "Backspace" key works if you have one of those...

@Baughn: Does your statement that "GRAPHICS=ON won't work" apply to everyone, not just the windows users reporting that graphics error?  On OS X if I have "GRAPHICS=ON" I get an immediate crash with a bunch of "__NSAutoreleaseNoPool()" errors when trying to generate a world.  GRAPHICS=OFF at least lets me into world gen, but I haven't gone much further past that yet.  If Mac should work with graphics on, I'll go look at bug reports, otherwise I'll ignore it until further notice.

@toady: FWIW the intro movies play at expected speed here.  MacBookPro2,2; Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz; 10.6.3.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2010, 11:18:33 am »

um... i'm having some problems running it. namely, i can't find what i'm supposed to open among all my 40d stuff. is it Dwarf_Fortress.rar? because i have NO idea what a .rar is. at all.

a .rar file is alot like a .zip file. You will need something like winrar to extract it.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2010, 11:21:55 am »

Strange , the opengl/sdl 40d16 and the regular 31.03 worked perfectly (i mean they could run, i'm not talking about the known bugs) but this one refuse to let me play , with that popup window telling me like if my GPU was not good enough to display those very small, few and low res sprites from my simple tileset.

edit :
Right.. sorry, GRAPHICS:ON is not going to work. I wrote the code without reference to an actual working DF, and the graphical output was one thing I couldn't replicate.

I'll get it fixed though, probably on Wednesday, so for now just keep it off?
Good to know, i'm now less puzzled at why this version absolutely refuse to let me play DF, will have to wait the next to re-use my tileset i guess.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:24:03 am by Robsoie »

Raksas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2010, 11:26:24 am »

A bug I haven't seen reported yet:

Whenever I press b, v, k, or any other menu key that does not move to a different screen to do its thing, the window usually flashes black for a moment.  I discovered this after I had changed the init files, so I tried it again with a clean install and this still happens.  I then tried several different print modes (2D, 2DSW, 2DASYNC, STANDARD, and PARTIAL:0), and it happened in each of them.  It does NOT happen in 40d19 (I loaded up an old fort to check this).  I am running Windows XP SP3 and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT.

I'm getting this too.  I haven't changed the init files at all, and no mods or anything like that.
Running Windows XP SP3 and a NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS

voneiden

• Bay Watcher
  • hngh
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2010, 11:29:00 am »

notepad
Windows users, consider using wordpad instead, I think it's much more reliable at conserving the line endings and the encoding. No guarantees though.

DF works with this.
Well, that surprises even me a bit, good!

This is not the 0.28.40d# thread, this is 0.31.04. You should probably stick with the 0.31.03 though, until it appears on the main page in the download link. If you insist on trying this, there was a link on to the file "df_31_04_win.zip". No rar files here.

As a sidenote, rar is a compression format like zip, except that you need an external program to open it on Windows.

..with that popup window telling me like if my GPU was not good enough to display those very small, few and low res sprites from my simple tileset.

Telling you and the people posting on the last 16 pages of text. ^^

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2010, 11:38:22 am »

Baughn
I object the automatic numlock toggling in DF. It can be an option in init, but turned off by default.

I'll second this.  Great for an init option, not so much for automatic.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2010, 11:39:00 am »

Trying to get it running on my vista laptop, It seems to work but is very unstable. If I try to anything to the window, it goes black and stays black. (dragging, rezising etc.) It now also shows a lot of "not responding" in the top of the screen as it struggles to load the world generation.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2010, 11:41:17 am »

a .rar file is alot like a .zip file. You will need something like winrar to extract it.
what should i use on a mac?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2010, 11:44:07 am »

Either the mac version of winrar (which is commandline only) from here, or something from here: http://www.google.com/search?q=rar+mac
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2010, 11:45:14 am »

well, heres what came up first searching for ".rar mac" w/o quotes: http://www.unrarx.com/
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 55