Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 133011 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 31 - Light and Dark
« Reply #600 on: January 23, 2014, 07:49:36 am »

((Oh fucking CHRIST Niccolo you had me going there for awhile. I saw "We have our first death" and nearly had a breakdown. This is so fun to play, and beyond that I have never had a character I played die in a RTD before. Well once, but I all but made him for the sole purpose of testing one thing that had a 90% chance of killing him, so I don't count it.

So first up, question: Did I take any serious damage from that scrupple, or did all of it just regen away immediately?

Secondly, and most importantly, a VOTE on what I should focus on next.

I have a pretty awesome idea that would let me seriously get the jump on Mr. BossMonster, but it requires me to turn off my regen and leave myself open to attack from the flunky/flunkies. If it works out the way I think it would, it could very well be an instant win or just a crazy goddamn awesome distraction.

Alternatively, should I do what I've been doing, try and kill this flunky and then be Mr. SneakySilent till my legs grow back?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 23, 2014, 08:39:43 am »

Would jimson weed poison work on the daemon?

((I don't aim to stuff any down his throat to find out.))

((I have a pretty awesome idea that would let me seriously get the jump on Mr. BossMonster, but it requires me to turn off my regen and leave myself open to attack from the flunky/flunkies. If it works out the way I think it would, it could very well be an instant win or just a crazy goddamn awesome distraction.

Alternatively, should I do what I've been doing, try and kill this flunky and then be Mr. SneakySilent till my legs grow back?

((I don't think you even know Mr. BossMonster is there IC. And maybe turning off regen is not the best idea right now. Just stay alive and whatnot. For now, anyway.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 23, 2014, 09:29:36 am »

((You said there was a death. Did I miss something? I mean, sure, the old lady and the grandson seem to have died, but why do they count more than the demon things?))

Create a shield of wind between us and Mr. Boss Monster.
I could try making a shield of stone, sturdier, but now is not a time to try leveling up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 23, 2014, 09:46:34 am »

((You said there was a death. Did I miss something? I mean, sure, the old lady and the grandson seem to have died, but why do they count more than the demon things?))

((Nobody anybody in this world cares about died in this turn, as sad as it may seem.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 23, 2014, 09:57:14 am »

((Surely that freaky demon guy cared for some of the people that died this turn?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 23, 2014, 10:06:04 am »

((Surely that freaky demon guy cared for some of the people that died this turn?))

((He didn't seem to. After all, he decapitated the poor sap who was crying for his dead grandmother.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 23, 2014, 10:10:52 am »

Baldur adopts a defensive stance, ready to strike if Vanda gets past Ekoka's air shield. "Damn it, I knew that something like this was going to happen!"

((Unless I'm mistaken, Niccolo decided to yank our chains by killing off Cyrus and then saying that we had our first death.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 23, 2014, 10:17:41 am »

((Unless I'm mistaken, Niccolo decided to yank our chains by killing off Cyrus and then saying that we had our first death.))
((Way to explain the joke. Jerk.))
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:40 am »

((Way to explain the joke. Jerk.))
Heuh heuh heuh.

((Seriously though, I'm not entirely sure what your joke was supposed to be.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 23, 2014, 10:20:57 am »

((Mostly making fun of Cyrus as a side character. When the GM forgets he exists for like an eighth of the game...))
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 23, 2014, 10:22:00 am »

((Mostly making fun of Cyrus as a side character. When the GM forgets he exists for like an eighth of the game...))

((Ah. I sorta realized that about three seconds ago, so... Sorry?))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 23, 2014, 02:27:26 pm »

((The problem with Cyrus dying is that he was supposed to tell the dude to give us our loots....HOW WE GONNA GET LOOTS NOW?
Other then looting I mean))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 23, 2014, 02:35:40 pm »

((The problem with Cyrus dying is that he was supposed to tell the dude to give us our loots....HOW WE GONNA GET LOOTS NOW?
Other then looting I mean))

((I have a brilliant plan. We will advance you as a suitable replacement as the Baron's court wizard. And then we'll all stop going into demon-infested forests and try to make our fortunes in less dangerous ways, like crime, show business and cult leadership.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 23, 2014, 02:38:40 pm »

((goddamn I've got some lucky rolls. Also, somehow I don't think we'll ever get rid of the demons even if we do go into crime and showbusiness. We might get a repreive of forests, though, which is something.))

"Oh, heads up, the insane-O scribbles were all linked to the old woman. Just in case you wondered why I killed her."

Get behind the shield and behind Baldur. Shoot arrows at boss-nasty.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 23, 2014, 02:45:07 pm »

"Oh, heads up, the insane-O scribbles were all linked to the old woman. Just in case you wondered why I killed her."

"I commend you on an excellent job, my nautical friend. I gathered as much when she started crazily rambling in response to my question. Can you shoot that demon fellow in the face as well, mayhap?"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 74