Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 71857 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #375 on: February 05, 2014, 01:38:21 am »

Ehhh... that's needlessly paranoid. Also you could have just sent in your kill without announcing if you were really worried. Also also I don't think Jim is scum.

PPE: Tiruin just said the opposite of what I said >_>
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2014, 01:40:58 am »

...?
What I said is that I also think Jim isn't scum because of those reasons.

This is what I hate about you- you always state in extremes (with 'always' meaning: everytime I see you talk about me)

And the kill must be announced in red. Or am I missing something in your thoughts, ZU?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2014, 01:54:22 am »

And Jim, I wouldn't. What sense would there be in saying that I am?

Well, gee, when you say you're pretty sure that additional chats are around, it almost seems like you know for certain, i.e., you're part of one, instead of it just being a conjecture.

I am really confused and not playing well today. :(

My instinct is to label your excuses as weak and scummy but I haven't been paying close enough attention to you to accurately say for sure that that's what's going on.

In any cases, I don't like seeing excuses when I could be seeing improvements.

*yawn*

You, sir, are hilarious!!

Yes, yes, I'm fantastic.

I can't shake the feeling that you're lurking.

Also, where did Imp go?

MOD, can you prod everyone who needs it?

Alright. Going back on my earlier statement that I would execute who I thought was scum as soon as I was certain- I'm going to be executing Jim. Yes, he's a terrific mafia player and he'd be a fantastic boon to town if he was town- the only problem is that he hasn't been a boon as far as I've seen. He's barely been scumhunting and he's been on the lower end of activity in terms of posting. I'm supposed to expect more from him as town, and if he's not done much at all then it's easy to see him as scum trying to slip by unnoticed. Jim: If you are town, use this time to put something concrete down in terms of suspicions. If you flip as town, then we have somebody we know is good at the game and we know we can trust who's laid down very useful Day 1 stuff to work off of... as long as you actually do post usable stuff.

So you're telling me that I'm going to be executed because I have committed the crime of failing to live up to your expectations.

That's complete fucking bullshit. I am not responsible for your expectations and I did not join this game to impress you. At the nearest available opportunity please pull your head out of your ass and attempt to use it for its intended purpose, which is to not be a dipshit. At the moment you are failing miserably in this regard.

Weak scumhunting. Fucking bullshit. Typical lazy arguments to justify a bullshit lynch. I've done more scumhunting than you, that's for sure. I don't think you would have had the cajones to call the king scum.

And accusing me of being on the lower end of activity is also factually untrue. I have more posts than eight players in the game, and I'm only beaten by you, Tiruin, and Caz. Go fucking figure, I'm actually on the upper end of activity! Check the fucking Lurkertracker if you don't believe me.

I was worried that people who had day activities might use them in attempt to stop the lynch or redirect it. If it happens, though, I suppose that'll be the next King's worry.

Ha ha, classic. You had no intention of owning up to your decision at all. Lynch 'em before they can get the chance to protest, right?

How the fuck you though this was a good idea at all is beyond me.

You want my scumhunting contribution? Here:

You are a fucking liar and scum. Your arguments are bullshit and lies and you attempted to hide your decision to avoid scrutiny on it. In the remote chance that you are town, please lynch yourself, to make future days easier on the rest of the town, so we don't have to worry about whether you are scum or not and can proceed with the scumhunt with that question resolved.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2014, 02:14:00 am »

MOD, can you prod everyone who needs it?

Yep.  I have a backlog of PMs I'm getting to tomorrow morning as well (for realsies, Wednesday is like totally fucking open~)--took the day off due to a. Merlin & ice cream and b. PTSD counselin'.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2014, 02:21:42 am »

Jim, being a douchebag to me isn't going to make me not want to execute you. I hate that a valid tactic in Mafia seems to be to yell at people until they finally give in. I've been a pushover in other Mafia games, but I'm not going to be one in this game.

Your Majesty
Alright. Going back on my earlier statement that I would execute who I thought was scum as soon as I was certain- I'm going to be executing Jim.[...]
..To be honest, first thought I had was a 'wat', but I lack visible context for my public list--my view on Jim was that he had busy-ness because its weird in my sights to see him be snarky, without leaving much to go on. It's his style to do that, and let the other player react in turn-sort of challenging the responsive thoughts.

He's barely been scumhunting and he's been on the lower end of activity in terms of posting.
When you say barely scumhunting...you did ask for his output, right?
I don't see that query, though he does have a one-liner being made. Attributed to being busy though.

I don't understand what you mean in terms of output.

[Jim: If you are town, use this time to put something concrete down in terms of suspicions.] If you flip as town, then we have somebody we know is good at the game and we know we can trust who's laid down very useful Day 1 stuff to work off of... as long as you actually do post usable stuff.
I believe the secondary parts are linked to the one in brackets. How 'useful' is he now? From all his posts-do you not see much use in them?

Not really! His suspicions are on me, and I can't see him being suspicious of me as useful, given that I already know I'm town- him being suspicious of the new player being new is also kinda doubtful in terms of how much we can use it.

PPE
Query however: What is your perception on this kind of stating ideas? As in-you've said you have made your decision, however you aren't stating who it is; what's your opinion on what would happen if you had stated who you are targeting, but not in red?

I was worried that people who had day activities might use them in attempt to stop the lynch or redirect it. If it happens, though, I suppose that'll be the next King's worry.
This...is reasonable. Didn't expect that kind of work though.

However, in stating it out-despite that presence of worry-it'll be obvious as a one-shot-wonder when we'll see the response. (Thinking of the mechanics...it'll be really weird how it plays out. [Player should name their target and my ability only works on that name! = I redirect/whatever to another person!..]
Pretty weird ability and more of an obvious detriment once known--it just means future King/Queens would take note and improvise.)
Meaning...that's a strange speculation there. Anything more about it or did I hit the nail on the head?

PPE: Yep!

Just strange speculation on my part, you pretty much got it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2014, 02:31:29 am »

Clearly you aren't satisfied with Jim's response. So why are you still waiting given that you think there could be day abilities that might bother you?

...?
What I said is that I also think Jim isn't scum because of those reasons.
This is what I hate about you- you always state in extremes (with 'always' meaning: everytime I see you talk about me)
And the kill must be announced in red. Or am I missing something in your thoughts, ZU?
I mean about the possibility of day abilities that could affect the lynch. I don't think he has a valid reason of being paranoid, you do. Unless I read your post wrong of course.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2014, 02:36:19 am »

Jim, being a douchebag to me isn't going to make me not want to execute you. I hate that a valid tactic in Mafia seems to be to yell at people until they finally give in. I've been a pushover in other Mafia games, but I'm not going to be one in this game.

derp herp because calling people douchebags means you can ignore their points.

You are factualy wrong on one account and your opinion on the second requires significantly more justification than you have provided. You do not get to skate away saying I'm low in activity when I beat more than half of everybody here, and you're rather thin on the assertion that I have been weak on scumhunting. Further, that I haven't met your expectations is complete silliness as a reason to suspect somebody.

Justify your case.

Clearly you aren't satisfied with Jim's response. So why are you still waiting given that you think there could be day abilities that might bother you?

What, I don't get to argue my case?

Come on, man.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2014, 02:40:40 am »

What, I don't get to argue my case?

Come on, man.

Also, I don't care about his reasons, it's scummy bullshit that he intended to make his decision without informing everybody what it was.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 05, 2014, 03:08:47 am »

I said I'd end the day at a certain point, so I will.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 05, 2014, 03:45:17 am »

BEHOLD THE MIGHTY KING

WITH BRAVERY HE MET HIS VICTIM'S GAZE AND ANSWERED EACH AND EVERY OF HIS PROTESTS IN TURN

ON THIS DAY NONE COULD SAY THAT JUSTICE WAS ROBBED ITS DUE DISCOURSE

ON THIS DAY NONE COULD SAY THAT THE KING WAS COWARDLY

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 05, 2014, 04:57:23 am »

BEHOLD THE MIGHTY KING

WITH BRAVERY HE MET HIS VICTIM'S GAZE AND ANSWERED EACH AND EVERY OF HIS PROTESTS IN TURN

ON THIS DAY NONE COULD SAY THAT JUSTICE WAS ROBBED ITS DUE DISCOURSE

ON THIS DAY NONE COULD SAY THAT THE KING WAS COWARDLY

I'm not going to waste any time trying to decipher whatever it is you're talking about. If there are any obstacles between me and your point, then I'm going to quit trying right there.
I've played some mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 05, 2014, 05:46:20 am »

You're pathetic.

You're so scared of me that you borrow my words as a retort against me. This is the most unimpressive way you could have responded.

You have no arguments, you're too scared to respond to me, and you're terrible at being petty.

What good are you?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 05, 2014, 06:41:29 am »

Cheeetar, your case is bad and you should feel bad.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 05, 2014, 07:38:53 am »

I am really confused and not playing well today. :(
Confused by what? :(
Thought that I'd said that RVS questions were suspicious and THEN saying "RVS doesn't have time limit" but I think I read the quotes wrong and didn't actually write that at all... then obviously didn't remember making the post. Because derp. Don't play mafia while medicated, oy.

Caz seems a lot more confident when she's not being pressured in the previous games...
Now she feels like she is breaking down without any pressure. Or not much. How much pressure can I even give?
Haha, it's not from the game, sorry to confuse the reads.

Alright. Going back on my earlier statement that I would execute who I thought was scum as soon as I was certain- I'm going to be executing Jim. Yes, he's a terrific mafia player and he'd be a fantastic boon to town if he was town- the only problem is that he hasn't been a boon as far as I've seen. He's barely been scumhunting and he's been on the lower end of activity in terms of posting. I'm supposed to expect more from him as town, and if he's not done much at all then it's easy to see him as scum trying to slip by unnoticed. Jim: If you are town, use this time to put something concrete down in terms of suspicions. If you flip as town, then we have somebody we know is good at the game and we know we can trust who's laid down very useful Day 1 stuff to work off of... as long as you actually do post usable stuff.
There's many people contributing less than Jim. If he's such a good player as you thought, why was it so easy for you to figure out he was lurking scum? Makeinu and Imp are doing much better jobs of lurking, imo.

Plus the general rule "If Jim is still alive Day2, he's scum". Lynching him day1 when there's better candidates... I dunno, you could have found a better lynch imo. What happened to your suspicions on me? Not recommending that you actually lynch me either, but you know.

My instinct is to label your excuses as weak and scummy but I haven't been paying close enough attention to you to accurately say for sure that that's what's going on.

In any cases, I don't like seeing excuses when I could be seeing improvements.
Aye aye, cap'n.

Cheeetar
At least wait for makeinu and Imp to post before you lynch Jim. Also, why not respond to his arguments against your case?

Everyone
Would like your thoughts on lynching Jim. Does anyone actually think this is a good idea?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 05, 2014, 07:45:12 am »

Cheeetar: Your case on Jim doesn't seem very concrete at all, and I know at the moment that very few people are suspects. since it's D1, why don't you just lynch Imp, since she has been inactive for almost the entire game so far?

Caz: Jim hasn't seemed like he's done anything worth lynching him over, but the number of scummy people is few and number. I think it's a bad idea though, since Jim's activity level is fairly high.

Longer post later today if it doesn't end first.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32