Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 71846 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #390 on: February 05, 2014, 07:45:38 am »

TolyK:
TolyK:
You didn't answer me about your top two suspects.

SBC - worried about revealing his role, citing previous situation where he was scum for his actions
Imp - uncharacteristic lack of posts, but waiting to hear more from her before i decide on this
This was to me? My answer's pretty typical - SBC and Cheetar/Caz tied for second.
For what reasons? You're doing this format's closest equivalent to bandwagoning pretty hard.

Also, you've made some preemptive defenses this game. Why is that?

Tiruin:
TolyK
Quote from: Caz
makeinu: If you were scum and picked as king, who would you try to get lynched and why?
I don't like this RVS question after RVS ended.
There's something wrong with asking someone else a question or you don't like Caz' writing?
Also: Why?
Why did it take you so long to question this question?

Cheeetar:
Jim, being a douchebag to me isn't going to make me not want to execute you. I hate that a valid tactic in Mafia seems to be to yell at people until they finally give in.
The fact that someone is yelling at you doesn't mean they're doing it for lack of a valid argument. In particular, Jim is pointing out (quite accurately) exactly how your case is, to put it mildly, crap. Let me count some reasons myself:

a) You have high standards of Jim's content. This is okay, but it's far too subjective to lynch over.
β) He's not living up to your high expectations. Clearly this is a reason to lynch him instead of, perhaps, asking why he's light on content compared to other games.
3)
Not really! His suspicions are on me, and I can't see him being suspicious of me as useful, given that I already know I'm town
Someone's suspicions are not useless merely because they happen to fall on you. Would you like to know why? Suspicions can change over time, although your actions aren't exactly encouraging that. It seems obvious, but that's only because it should be.

Caz: The "if alive D2, then scum" rule is for webadict.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 05, 2014, 08:05:42 am »

What happened to your suspicions on me? Not recommending that you actually lynch me either, but you know.

I thought you were third party, and that's a bit muddled now but maybe? Bleh.

Cheeetar
At least wait for makeinu and Imp to post before you lynch Jim. Also, why not respond to his arguments against your case?

I'll do that tomorrow. When the person who's arguing with me is just calling me stupid over and over again in the worst possible ways, I don't have much motivation to play.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 05, 2014, 08:16:08 am »

Longer post later today if it doesn't end first.

I forgot you were playing.

Now we've got 3 people who have lurked for the better half of a day. :\

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 05, 2014, 08:24:35 am »

PFP (wherein i use PFP when I'm busy...studying and drawing is a profession...

UI
TolyK
Quote from: Caz
makeinu: If you were scum and picked as king, who would you try to get lynched and why?
I don't like this RVS question after RVS ended.
There's something wrong with asking someone else a question or you don't like Caz' writing?
Also: Why?
Why did it take you so long to question this question?
1. Sadness. I am sad. Being sad doesn't help anything, but make me sad.
2. Exams. I'm within my exams now. Exams hinder most forum progress.
3. Notation. I take notes of people. Does time matter in my period of querying others?

Also why do you only ask questions and keep them brief?

Cheeetar, your case is bad and you should feel bad.
...Other than guilt-tripping the poor guy, what's in his case that makes him stand out?

My viewpoint--he's playing it safe, but judging by emotion and content though it doesn't look like a -just- decision (I've read the OP aaaand-Jim is being a bit reactive given that day end is NOT PM'd to the mod-it is publicized).

BUT.
Cheeetar announced his intent LONG beforehand.

May I ask your response on that and why it seems like you've apparent qualms with it now compared to then?

ZU
Clearly you aren't satisfied with Jim's response. So why are you still waiting given that you think there could be day abilities that might bother you?

...?
What I said is that I also think Jim isn't scum because of those reasons.
This is what I hate about you- you always state in extremes (with 'always' meaning: everytime I see you talk about me)
And the kill must be announced in red. Or am I missing something in your thoughts, ZU?
I mean about the possibility of day abilities that could affect the lynch. I don't think he has a valid reason of being paranoid, you do. Unless I read your post wrong of course.
First point: You did read my post wrong. Does the orange part have anything to do with the last statement and my post?
Second point: Where did you get me being paranoid there? My intent was not paranoia..personal or otherwise, but in guessing Cheeetar (also, putting my shoes in speculating that kinda role he was giving because it was interesting, and it just doesn't make sense
*reads OP*
Yep!)
Third point: What is the purple statement addressing?
Last point: Pleeeaaaasssee detail your posts more. I do not want to keep up with your kind of special brevity. u__u

Your Highness
Tiny poke-I do believe you as leaning town given your output (and by output here and in the quote below I mean 'what the person chooses to post. 'Out'put) but one tiny question. Did you evaluate Jim because of his mannerism in speaking or perhaps something else? Metaknowledge?
[Jim: If you are town, use this time to put something concrete down in terms of suspicions.] If you flip as town, then we have somebody we know is good at the game and we know we can trust who's laid down very useful Day 1 stuff to work off of... as long as you actually do post usable stuff.
I believe the secondary parts are linked to the one in brackets. How 'useful' is he now? From all his posts-do you not see much use in them?

Not really! His suspicions are on me, and I can't see him being suspicious of me as useful, given that I already know I'm town- him being suspicious of the new player being new is also kinda doubtful in terms of how much we can use it.
Our logic diverges at the orange part. He doesn't know you are town, if so..and it seems redundant to point that out given the whole context.
His suspicion on a new player is valid in the way that he's trying to get a gleaning identity from them-new players can easily hang on the newbie card--though it is only used once, and will be apparent later on more often than not (re-read KM4..Nope. I didn't find SaintDraze as scum :v).

But do you not see his suspicions on you? I mean, what exactly in his posts ping your scumdar? I did note what your intent was in choosing the lynch-however I do note that there should be deeper notes in your pick.

Caz
There's many people contributing less than Jim. If he's such a good player as you thought, why was it so easy for you to figure out he was lurking scum? Makeinu and Imp are doing much better jobs of lurking, imo.

Plus the general rule "If Jim is still alive Day2, he's scum". Lynching him day1 when there's better candidates... I dunno, you could have found a better lynch imo. What happened to your suspicions on me? Not recommending that you actually lynch me either, but you know.
I can vouch for Imp that she sent me a message that she was experiencing residential problems (like, water. Molds. Bad piping. :X) aaaand work stress, but take that in mind just for a bit. Makeinu also was busy/tired out as mentioned earlier. I wish them both my blessings and prayers that they're ok though.

ANYWAY.
Mmhrr..not getting a good idea from the orange part. Worried about being lynched there? Why?

Cheeeetar: Query-why exactly Jim of all people?
but there are also others who haven't done much 'scumhunting' (flavorhunting, more likely) and there are also those who may be scumhunting, but more along the side of 'Q&A format activity guise'.

May I ask a general read from you on everyone? The reason in the spoiler above seems to have cut out and fizzled on Jim alone.

PPE: Oh hey! Persus is playing too!
>__>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 05, 2014, 08:26:43 am »

:X
OmgsorryCaz.
Sorry for getting the pronouns wrong >__> I didn't know and sorry for that!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 05, 2014, 08:29:27 am »

Longer post later today if it doesn't end first.

I forgot you were playing.

Now we've got 3 people who have lurked for the better half of a day. :\
Sorry, I've been really busy with personal stuff and school.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 05, 2014, 08:48:20 am »

Tiruin: If you want my view on why Cheeetar's case is bad, read the part of my last post that I addressed to him.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 05, 2014, 08:53:16 am »

Tiny poke-I do believe you as leaning town given your output (and by output here and in the quote below I mean 'what the person chooses to post. 'Out'put) but one tiny question. Did you evaluate Jim because of his mannerism in speaking or perhaps something else? Metaknowledge?

The way he's acted (disdain towards the effort put into the flavour of the game & people having fun with roleplaying a bit) haven't been in his favour, but they're not why he's going to be executed.

Not really! His suspicions are on me, and I can't see him being suspicious of me as useful, given that I already know I'm town- him being suspicious of the new player being new is also kinda doubtful in terms of how much we can use it.
Our logic diverges at the orange part. He doesn't know you are town, if so..and it seems redundant to point that out given the whole context.
His suspicion on a new player is valid in the way that he's trying to get a gleaning identity from them-new players can easily hang on the newbie card--though it is only used once, and will be apparent later on more often than not (re-read KM4..Nope. I didn't find SaintDraze as scum :v).

But do you not see his suspicions on you? I mean, what exactly in his posts ping your scumdar? I did note what your intent was in choosing the lynch-however I do note that there should be deeper notes in your pick.

His posts seemed lazy- not particularly interested in finding the scum, just posts for the sake of having some posts. Low content stuff. It's not the most scummy behaviour, but it's the most scummy seeming of all the people here.

Cheeeetar: Query-why exactly Jim of all people?
but there are also others who haven't done much 'scumhunting' (flavorhunting, more likely) and there are also those who may be scumhunting, but more along the side of 'Q&A format activity guise'.

May I ask a general read from you on everyone? The reason in the spoiler above seems to have cut out and fizzled on Jim alone.

The reason I picked Jim out of everybody was that he has the most experience here. When I look to be suspicious of people because of lack of content, the people who know how to produce content but aren't producing stick out.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 05, 2014, 09:02:00 am »

And now to dem reads!

Imp - Cille Edithsdatter - While she and Caz are in the same level of unsurity, I'd doubt that scum would play a flavor-smokescreen given the apparent announcements. That and I'm partially biased along the 'she's busy with RL' note, still leaning Unsure either way.

Persus13 - Gwenhwyfar - ...Apologies muchly for I..forgot that he was playing. Ngh.

makeinu - Viggo Valentinsen - Mostly always reads town for me-and even if he was scum that I detected some differences before, they're not showing up now (or not that much anyways). Lacking activity does not help my radar in its sound detection process though the priority level in how he analyzes and questions seem...lacking, for lack of a word. Unsure.

Cheeetar - Ansgar Danielsen - Hey, Mr. King! :D While everything seems in place with how he acts-I wonder if there's a hidden agenda to how he picks--hence the question of 'what if everyone plays well' and all. However understanding it from the shoes of a king-every eye is on you, and there will be at least 2 voices poised against your downfall, or who will cheese up with you, Either way, seems to be playing it either safely, or he's trying to make a move to crack one of the others.
The results don't seem well in either his favor or for Jim's. Disputed. Undergoing.

Caz - Vivianus of Austyn - Same as Imp! Though given her (omg so sorry Caz Dx I seriously didn't wish to spite you or anything. It's how I pronounce your name!) recent posts it speaks quite well of her ideology. Unsure how blending with flavor works as scumhunting but the reads so far keep me on the green side.

Urist Imiknorris - Rød Grønsdatter - Questions muchly. Though I see many questions. Pretty unsure yet again as in this aspect I can't decide that well whether town/scum act as such--his questions do not seem to be made on shaky foundations or illogical prepositions and are reasonable in their outcome. Of recent note, the points have been sharpened to an admirable performance. Unsure. Town-ish along with Jim.

SuperBlackCat - Kisa Albertsdatter - Towny-newbie-towny due to...well, not much, but I am seriously not getting that weird scum-twitch in any of his notes. While he seems to be reacting to questions-I do see questioning, albeit to a small sample of this population-his stances and disposition (as well as how he treats his lines of communication [Q/A]) are informative. Yeah he seems the only one to be labeled as 'towny' or whatever because I seriously think he's NOT a good idea for the lynch today. Unsure.

Tiruin - Giovanna da Venezia - Meow~ Town!

Jim Groovester - Mark II of House Magnus - Seems assertive/aggressive. Unsure. Unsure, also, if he's playing for emotional/reactionary advances. More unsure on whether he's also under stress via reputation (I mean, I do like putting on his shoes. It really does feel bad when you know you're being gunned at because 'class A player, proven, certified and registered'.) however he does level a good argument against Cheeetar's supposed(?) action against him. I do not have any scummy read on him. Unsure but compared to all the other unsures, I'm unsure if I'm OK with staying at this level of agreement with him than being unsure on whether he's benevolent.

TolyK - Tadeusz Brzęczyszczykiewicz - Must. Post. More. Unsure. What little I've got are either answers to questions, or..minor questions that don't seem like he's asking for getting own notes--reading up, much?
I quite do like pronouncing his surname in a variety of accents though. The 'z's are pretty fun.

Toaster - Maren Jørgensdatter - Must ALSO post more! Has been quite astute though, in the posts that I've read. Not that much of a note.

zombie urist - Louisa von Solenheim - That brevity does not bode well with me. But I may be really biased that way. Unsure.

Posterity: All those with a vague/unsure tag are..really unsure. Continuing the reads later on as time goes by.

Somehow I find the Kingmaker a strange setup. Either people are slacking off (or its just me having a weird sense of time distortion..hours feel like DAYS here) or doing the nice '1 post/day' that I can't get enough of a read--and the ol' VOTE=NOTE on them does not seem to hold (ZU's proposal of a blue-format seems best. Only few are using it. :X)
And before people ask about me in that context--yes, I prefer to keep on questioning without showing my vote because of psychological factors. Some say that being calm and relaxed works when tension is not present-but when timed right other than using it as pressure (and making the context stable enough to make it seem serious), it works wonders far more than an inferred pressure vote.

PPE x2 MRAAAWHHH.

Tiruin: If you want my view on why Cheeetar's case is bad, read the part of my last post that I addressed to him.
Ah, thanks! :D
..I did not edit the above because argh. Posterity.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 05, 2014, 09:04:48 am »

And yes- saying his suspicions on me are useless because I know I'm town is on the unfair side.

General read on everybody:
Imp - Not too much content. Lots of posting towards the start of the day, mostly flavour (which is fine) but petered out a bit recently. Busy with something, maybe?
Persus13 - Not too much content.
makeinu - No idea.
Caz - Thinking probably third party. Answer towards RVS question about third parties being of not much worry, odd aggression towards SBC, stuff like that.
Urist Imiknorris - Town-ish? Posting mostly reasonable stuff.
SuperBlackCat - Too new to read (?)
Tiruin - Lots of activity, lots of content. Actually seems invested in the game, which is great. Town?
Jim Groovester - That guy.
TolyK - Kind of leaning towards scummy. Some strange bits, don't really wanna go read through all his posts at the moment.
Toaster - A bit of scumhunting, suspicious of me (but everybody seems to be looking at me odd now).
zombie urist - Sure wish he'd post more.

This probably isn't going to be that useful, but, maybe?
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 05, 2014, 09:13:49 am »

Tiruin - Lots of activity, lots of content. Actually seems invested in the game, which is great. Town?
While I'd luuurve to keep quiet about this I believe that Tiruin's Activity is not directly proportionate to how towny she is, but the essence or substance of her posts! :D

And yeah I'm interested. Since when do I get a role who has made wooden armor, a wooden sword (or..stick. Literally), and a javelin and actually won fair combat against an armored knight? It's the flavor that attracts me!

Like honey. My sweettooth burns at this flavor. Awesome flavor. *_*
And you don't even want to know how many fantasies I've cooked up at goading Fortinbras over Denmark's awesomeness!
Really.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 05, 2014, 09:18:27 am »

I'm trying not to make the mistake of conflating high activity with high towniness- the read I get is that the posts you're posting seem towny, not that you seem towny because you're posting a lot.
I've played some mafia.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 05, 2014, 10:01:44 am »

I think (disregarding that several players are inactive because of IRL issues) people are finding it easier to lurk because of the Kingmaker setup. They don't have to find someone to vote and back up their opinions. It's a lot easier to stay back and say "oh the King is lynching the wrong person" without offering any suspicions of their own, then sitting back and saying "I told you so!" If Jim flips town.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 05, 2014, 10:04:56 am »

I currently don't have much time after rereading, so quick post.
Cheeetar, as has been already said before (I know, I know :P), those are shaky reasons to get at Jim. They also remind me of this conversation that I took part in:
TolyK
TolyK
Tolyk:
If you were one of the assassins, and had to make the choice of whom to kill right now, who would it be? Why?
Huh. I could tell who I wouldn't (the King, since he's being very thoughtful :P), but who I would kill... Jim? I don't really have all the information I need, but I'd be afraid of playing scum against Jim. :P
1. I see uncertainty, and I see Jim. Does Jim relevant to uncertainty?

2. Also why specifically Jim?
3. Also2: Anything on your mind or are you not curious on asking us things? What are your thoughts on the Kingmaker setup?
(1) Kinda - since I don't have information today, I would kill the guy I'd most be afraid of as scum. (2) He's that guy in this case, because he is very experienced and (afair) pointed me out as scum way too easily. >.> Also, as he said, he's usually strongly condemning and pushing, which really gets my on the edge regardless of faction. :P

(3) I wanted to finish rereading before asking questions (rather, I make questions as I reread). I already shared my thoughts on how it's different to play a Kingmaker, or do you mean something else?
1. That...really is unfair.
2. Jim? Yeah, restating: Unfair. You panic on being 'pointed out as scum'? Could you explain what that meant?
'my on the edge'? What?
3. Good! Now why do you think killing who you feared is a better idea than anything else?
Agreed that it's unfair, but that is exactly how I would think.
Uh, because I would be less nervous and less likely to slip?

Has nobody noticed that I actually specifically said Jim here? And that Cheeetar's "case" on him looks similar?
I'm also appalled that Tiruin didn't notice this correlation as well. It's as if you're playing two separate games, so to say.

PPE: I really really need to stop using :P-faces. I just realized how obnoxious it can be... >.>
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 05, 2014, 10:19:20 am »

My mind is fuzzy, cloudy and filled with static and I seem to skip pages when exams come in ok? :X
I mean its not easy diversifying advanced human philosophy, Statistics (*hiss*) and other stuffs in liberal arts with Mafia...they're all related.

Also i guess that skipped my mind due to me seeing Cheetar's post before I logged out, then logging in and seeing page 25 (normal forum format [15 page per post]) and thinking I didn't miss anything. >_>

Thanks for that though.

Following up on that...
TolyK:
You didn't answer me about your top two suspects.

SBC - worried about revealing his role, citing previous situation where he was scum for his actions
Imp - uncharacteristic lack of posts, but waiting to hear more from her before i decide on this
This was to me? My answer's pretty typical - SBC and Cheetar/Caz tied for second.
Why SBC/Caz?

Agreed that it's unfair, but that is exactly how I would think.

Quote from: Seems like this is what you're replying to
3. Good! Now why do you think killing who you feared is a better idea than anything else?
Uh, because I would be less nervous and less likely to slip?
Why fear? Next: Your really think fear is a nice way of making you slip?
I'll just get out my interrogation face now.

Why don't I have any serious question from you?

Also: You've never seen long posts. :I

No, I guess I haven't seen long posts, it's just longer that what I'm used to.
I don't currently have time to ask you serious questions at the moment, sorry.)
I cut and edited out the other quotes but...your 'No' seems to be replying to nothing and the sentence afterwards..talks about the only other thing possible. That question.
What are you saying 'No' to?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32