Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 71842 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #405 on: February 05, 2014, 10:22:52 am »

EBWOP
-stuff-

Has nobody noticed that I actually specifically said Jim here? And that Cheeetar's "case" on him looks similar?[...]
So what point does similarity serve?
Wherein said similarity = 'When you're afraid...who ya gonna kill?'
PPE: I really really need to stop using :P-faces. I just realized how obnoxious it can be... >.>
It actually gives off the gesture that you're joking (well, to me, ever since) so yes. Please cut it off before I do assume you're joking, thank you.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 05, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »

Quote from: Caz
I don't like this RVS question after RVS ended.
Does RVS have a time limit?
and
Quote from: Caz
makeinu: If you were scum and picked as king, who would you try to get lynched and why?
I don't like this RVS question after RVS ended.
Do you earnestly believe there's enough material on the floor to make informed decisions about who is scum and why? If so- who do you think is scum, and why?
As I was told before, RVS ends when people start getting suspicions. And that asking random questions after there's a sizable amount of content is created seems to be lazy. Asking random questions is "lazy" because you should be asking questions to people who have done something not-to-par. We don't have enough material for pinning the scum tag on anyone, however pinning the "watch this guy" tag is definitely possible.

I rather do like the question, actually. Having caught up a bit, I'll answer it.

In the event I were scum and King for the day, I would execute Jim Groovester, presuming he's not scum of course.

Why?

Because he's a dangerous player, from what I've seen. Priority as scum, in the absence of knowledge of power roles, must be to eliminate those most likely to ferret out scum.

And that's why I'm a tad troubled by Cheetar's decision to eliminate Jim today, as I'm not seeing the reason for it that he is. That warrants questioning and suspicion.

Forgive me if you've already answered this, Cheetar, I'm answering questions as I hit them, but can you please detail your case against Jim?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 05, 2014, 01:42:02 pm »

Cheeetar:
Alright. Going back on my earlier statement that I would execute who I thought was scum as soon as I was certain- I'm going to be executing Jim. Yes, he's a terrific mafia player and he'd be a fantastic boon to town if he was town- the only problem is that he hasn't been a boon as far as I've seen. He's barely been scumhunting and he's been on the lower end of activity in terms of posting. I'm supposed to expect more from him as town, and if he's not done much at all then it's easy to see him as scum trying to slip by unnoticed. Jim: If you are town, use this time to put something concrete down in terms of suspicions. If you flip as town, then we have somebody we know is good at the game and we know we can trust who's laid down very useful Day 1 stuff to work off of... as long as you actually do post usable stuff.

While I sort of get what you're saying, this is like some sort of retrograde appeal to authority in "He's good but not saying much; he must be SCUM!"  I don't agree with that logic.  Scumhunting across the board has been low, so trying to lynch because you say that one player isn't contributing enough just isn't going to cut it.  This choice really seems very arbitrary when compared to the other people with plenty of experience who are contributing less.

I was worried that people who had day activities might use them in attempt to stop the lynch or redirect it. If it happens, though, I suppose that'll be the next King's worry.

Somehow I find this hard to believe.

There will be no time between me making a decision to execute somebody and them being executed. Judgement shall be swift to all traitors. I will, however, let all those I suspect present a case as to their innocence.

What happened to this?

Toaster - A bit of scumhunting, suspicious of me (but everybody seems to be looking at me odd now).

I suspected you before it was cool.

Caz:
Everyone
Would like your thoughts on lynching Jim. Does anyone actually think this is a good idea?

I don't really have any scum reads on Jim, so I can't say I'm in favor.

Persus and Urist I:  Who would you lynch today?  I want at least one name that isn't Cheeetar.

Tiruin:
I can vouch for Imp that she sent me a message that she was experiencing residential problems (like, water. Molds. Bad piping. :X)

Sent you a message?  Not the mod or the thread, but in your quicktopic?

Some general reads, since all the cool kids are doing it.  If a name isn't listed, there's no real read.

Cheeetar:  Poor choice of lynch with poor reasoning.  Playing his cards very close to his chest for someone in such a public position.
Caz:  Not much concrete here, but is pinging my gut.
Urist I: Has exactly one post with any real content in it.  This is suspiciously low.*
Jim:  While I don't have much to say for or against Jim, I don't think his lynch is a good iea.
SBC:  I'm feeling new town on this one.

*Cheeetar, why doesn't this ping you?  UI is fairly experienced as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 05, 2014, 02:31:56 pm »

Imp has been prodded, and all outstanding rules questions have been sent to Webadict.

Flavor PMs now being composed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 05, 2014, 03:05:44 pm »

*yawn*

You, sir, are hilarious!!

Yes, yes, I'm fantastic.

I can't shake the feeling that you're lurking.

Sure you can. All you have to do is try.

Real life has gobbled me up.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 05, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »

Everyone
Would like your thoughts on lynching Jim. Does anyone actually think this is a good idea?
While I don't think Jim is scummy, this post stands out to me as appealing to the majority. Hmrmheuhuhhuhm

ZU
Clearly you aren't satisfied with Jim's response. So why are you still waiting given that you think there could be day abilities that might bother you?
...?
What I said is that I also think Jim isn't scum because of those reasons.
This is what I hate about you- you always state in extremes (with 'always' meaning: everytime I see you talk about me)
And the kill must be announced in red. Or am I missing something in your thoughts, ZU?
I mean about the possibility of day abilities that could affect the lynch. I don't think he has a valid reason of being paranoid, you do. Unless I read your post wrong of course.
First point: You did read my post wrong. Does the orange part have anything to do with the last statement and my post?
Second point: Where did you get me being paranoid there? My intent was not paranoia..personal or otherwise, but in guessing Cheeetar (also, putting my shoes in speculating that kinda role he was giving because it was interesting, and it just doesn't make sense
*reads OP*
Yep!)
Third point: What is the purple statement addressing?
Last point: Pleeeaaaasssee detail your posts more. I do not want to keep up with your kind of special brevity. u__u
I mean you think he has a valid of being paranoid. I don't think its likely there are day-abilities that affect the lynch.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 05, 2014, 03:35:19 pm »

Everyone
While I don't think Jim is scummy, this post stands out to me as appealing to the majority. Hmrmheuhuhhuhm

Not appealing anything, but would like the opinions of everyone before he hammers.

ZU
Clearly you aren't satisfied with Jim's response. So why are you still waiting given that you think there could be day abilities that might bother you?
...?
This is what I hate about you- you always state in extremes (with 'always' meaning: everytime I see you talk about me)
And the kill must be announced in red. Or am I missing something in your thoughts, ZU?
I mean about the possibility of day abilities that could affect the lynch. I don't think he has a valid reason of being paranoid, you do. Unless I read your post wrong of course.
First point: You did read my post wrong. Does the orange part have anything to do with the last statement and my post?
Second point: Where did you get me being paranoid there? My intent was not paranoia..personal or otherwise, but in guessing Cheeetar (also, putting my shoes in speculating that kinda role he was giving because it was interesting, and it just doesn't make sense
*reads OP*
Yep!)
Last point: Pleeeaaaasssee detail your posts more. I do not want to keep up with your kind of special brevity. u__u
I mean you think he has a valid of being paranoid. I don't think its likely there are day-abilities that affect the lynch.
[/quote]

Still wondering why we're in daytime. Cheeetar said early in the day that he would execute swiftly, and has said since then that he "probably" won't be changing his mind... so why the suspense?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 05, 2014, 04:59:24 pm »

Also also I don't think Jim is scum.
Cheeetar, your case is bad and you should feel bad.
Everyone
Cheeetar: Your case on Jim doesn't seem very concrete at all,
Cheeetar, as has been already said before (I know, I know :P), those are shaky reasons to get at Jim.
Jim:  While I don't have much to say for or against Jim, I don't think his lynch is a good iea.
And that's why I'm a tad troubled by Cheetar's decision to eliminate Jim today, as I'm not seeing the reason for it that he is. That warrants questioning and suspicion.

Look at that! Seven people! That's a simple majority of people who think lynching me is a bad idea.

It's a good thing we have a king who will make decision with the support, and if not that, then the assent, of the majority of players in the game.

I'll do that tomorrow. When the person who's arguing with me is just calling me stupid over and over again in the worst possible ways, I don't have much motivation to play.

Yeah, what a fucking miserable time. Getting shouted at by the guy you're ignoring because you're too much of a fucking coward to face him or his arguments directly.

It's fucking insulting that I am going to be lynched by play this shitty.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 05, 2014, 05:54:30 pm »

Toaster

PFP
I can vouch for Imp that she sent me a message that she was experiencing residential problems (like, water. Molds. Bad piping. :X)

Sent you a message?  Not the mod or the thread, but in your quicktopic?
Oops! :X Forgot to detail it. That was a message quite some time ago (Jan 28-ish) and by sending me a message--I mean in the BM. Sorry for that! (Also the mod would see it because quicktopic..I don't get how that makes sense)

ZU
ZU
...?
*reads OP*
Yep!)
I'd poke you again for brevity and continuous wording because :I you aren't answering my questions in an understandable way.
....And yes I meant that, ever since. Yay for the second sentence. At least it gets the point across. As a generality. >__>

Jim
Look at that! Seven people! That's a simple majority of people who think lynching me is a bad idea.
I am left out, why? >_>
I'll do that tomorrow. When the person who's arguing with me is just calling me stupid over and over again in the worst possible ways, I don't have much motivation to play.

Yeah, what a fucking miserable time. Getting shouted at by the guy you're ignoring because you're too much of a fucking coward to face him or his arguments directly.

It's fucking insulting that I am going to be lynched by play this shitty.

Still wondering why we're in daytime. Cheeetar said early in the day that he would execute swiftly, and has said since then that he "probably" won't be changing his mind... so why the suspense?
I feel like he's under pressure to make a snap decision and give full clarity behind it (+ comparison) now. Though..I also can't help but feel that he did it to pressure Jim, somewhat.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 05, 2014, 06:13:39 pm »

Rereading through the thread.

Btw:
Gwenhwyfar's (Persus13) is interesting. I think she's going to have to change it though - Our Queen is dead and there are surely more to follow.
My character may be female, but I'm definitely male.

Tiruin:

Persus13 - Gwenhwyfar - ...Apologies muchly for I..forgot that he was playing. Ngh.
[/quote]
So, no read due to my low inactivity?

Toaster:
Persus and Urist I:  Who would you lynch today?  I want at least one name that isn't Cheeetar.
Well, that's tough. SBC's playing scummily but other then the thing about Paranormal that he hasn't explained at all, he seems to be playing as he normally does.

Other than him, I'd go with Imp, because she seems to have been inactive for longer than me, and if we're going to lynch someone it might as well be a lurker with no information over anyone else.

I was thinking Urist was scummy for speculating that I was the Kingmaker until I realized that originated from a Cheeetar question. So I'm also going to add Cheeetar to my list for rolefishing and looking for the Kingmaker instead of scumhunting.

Everyone else is currently leaning null or town.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 05, 2014, 06:24:32 pm »

My character may be female, but I'm definitely male.
Ah, I'll correct myself henceforth. I can never get people's genders straight on the internet anyway.

SBC's playing scummily but other then the thing about Paranormal that he hasn't explained at all, he seems to be playing as he normally does.

That doesn't mean much. I like SBC as a lynch so far because he seems worried, and also that if he flips town it won't be a great loss to town since he's new. But thinking like that is also mean as hell and I'm pretty sure half of you think I'm SBC's lyncher, so...

Other than him, I'd go with Imp, because she seems to have been inactive for longer than me, and if we're going to lynch someone it might as well be a lurker with no information over anyone else.
Eh, I disagree with this. Lynching a lurker is worse than rolling a dice to choose the lynch. At least choose someone that interacted with others during the day - that way we get extra info and reads. If you were Kingmaker today, who would you execute?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 05, 2014, 06:28:52 pm »

Uh, I meant King, not Kingmaker*

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 05, 2014, 07:20:25 pm »

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim (click to show/hide)

Gimme a bit and I'll type up whatever replies I have to Jim's points against my points against him.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 05, 2014, 07:30:40 pm »

So you're telling me that I'm going to be executed because I have committed the crime of failing to live up to your expectations.

That's complete fucking bullshit. I am not responsible for your expectations and I did not join this game to impress you. At the nearest available opportunity please pull your head out of your ass and attempt to use it for its intended purpose, which is to not be a dipshit. At the moment you are failing miserably in this regard.

Weak scumhunting. Fucking bullshit. Typical lazy arguments to justify a bullshit lynch. I've done more scumhunting than you, that's for sure. I don't think you would have had the cajones to call the king scum.

And accusing me of being on the lower end of activity is also factually untrue. I have more posts than eight players in the game, and I'm only beaten by you, Tiruin, and Caz. Go fucking figure, I'm actually on the upper end of activity! Check the fucking Lurkertracker if you don't believe me.

Sure, phrase it however you like. You have a reputation of knowing how to play the game, and if one day you suddenly don't I'll look to that in suspicion. What scumhunting I've seen from you is weak- simply asserting that it isn't is lame. You may have had posts, but that doesn't mean you've been contributing much content.

I was worried that people who had day activities might use them in attempt to stop the lynch or redirect it. If it happens, though, I suppose that'll be the next King's worry.

Ha ha, classic. You had no intention of owning up to your decision at all. Lynch 'em before they can get the chance to protest, right?

How the fuck you though this was a good idea at all is beyond me.

You want my scumhunting contribution? Here:

You are a fucking liar and scum. Your arguments are bullshit and lies and you attempted to hide your decision to avoid scrutiny on it. In the remote chance that you are town, please lynch yourself, to make future days easier on the rest of the town, so we don't have to worry about whether you are scum or not and can proceed with the scumhunt with that question resolved.

Not much to respond to here.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 05, 2014, 08:06:04 pm »

>_>
Its weak. Its not weak.

Not appealing anything, but would like the opinions of everyone before he hammers.
That's a very biased way of asking opinions.

I probably can't post again before "day end"
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32