Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: You are Mark Reid! Chapter 1: The Facility  (Read 18097 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
You are Mark Reid! Chapter 1: The Facility
« on: March 10, 2012, 05:58:02 pm »

Welcome to this RPG! Since i suck at running RTD's (Specificly updating player actions} i have decided to create a RPG where the players choose what the character does and i enjoy writing stuff. Not everything in this world will be autosucces, maybe because the lack of skills or bad circumstances.But Let's play!
Note: this will be in the real world, so no magic etc. but maybe future tech? who knows.
It will be in modernish/futurish times.

You slowly wake up, the room is poorly lit and your vision is stil blurry. After rubbing your eyes a bit you regain normal sight, and hold your head for a while cause it hurts. While taking your hand you see blood on your hands. Must've have hit something, Looking at your surrounding you appear to be in a holding chamber or whatever they call it. Dried blood stains are visible on the walls which are created from a soft padding to prevent headbashing and the floor is also made out of some soft materials apart from that it's  also really dusty in here. Upon watching further you see that a bright ray of light is coming trough the slightly opened door. While holding your head you try to remember your name.... What's my name?

Choose the name and gender of our character!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:42:38 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Survivor! RPG
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 06:05:13 pm »

Amelio North, Male.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:35:06 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:34:43 pm »

Mark Reid, Male.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 06:38:05 pm »

Brittany Mog, Female.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:45:29 pm »

Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 06:46:57 pm »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 06:47:32 pm »

Mark Reid, Male.

After thinking troughroughly you remember it, Mark Reid..... After checking your body for possible mutilation nothing is found, or at least externally. Slowly you try to stand up but collapse due to not having enough strength in your legs. "Whatever happened, it must've been bad" You reach for the wall to gain some support, slowly but surely you stand up.
But for the moment you are unable to walk properly without any support. Slowly you make your way towards the door, the door is quite big and made from some kind  of metal. You can see rust everywhere on the door and it makes a horrible noise when you open it. "Must've been one old door" As you open the door you are temporarily blinded by the intensity of the light, as your eyes adjust to it you see a corridor. Strangely enough to your expectations the corridor is clear white with no signs of deterioration, there are multi pipe doors  in the corridor and the corridor ends at a lift.
While looking back at your cell door it seems that the old effect is only from inside the containment cell. unable to understand what is happening now you start thinking. "How did i come here? What did i do before i was here?"

Choose profession and first actions
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Proffesion (click to show/hide)

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 06:53:28 pm »

We were a soldier. We were put onto the battlefield when the time came and we never left. It felt good to be in a fight, but when ordered to kill small children. We said no and were sentenced to death. But based upon our record, we were only jailed. Luckily, it wasnt for long.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 06:58:19 pm »

You were a field medic. You were trained to shoot and fight but spent more time getting men out of dangerous situations than anything else. You know a bit about medicine, how to treat a bullet wound, and minor injuries, as well as how to point and shoot a rifle, march, and how and where to take proper cover. Your whole platoon was jailed when they refused to wipe out entire peoples, women and children included.

Also,
              >Check inventory.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »

You were a field medic. You were trained to shoot and fight but spent more time getting men out of dangerous situations than anything else. You know a bit about medicine, how to treat a bullet wound, and minor injuries, as well as how to point and shoot a rifle, march, and how and where to take proper cover. Your whole platoon was jailed when they refused to wipe out entire peoples, women and children included.

Also,
              >Check inventory.

I revote for this. :D
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 04:29:39 am »

Also,
              >Check inventory.

You think deeply and you remember some feint memories, unpleasant memories.... Flashback: "MEDIC! I ORDER YOU TO SHOOT DOWN THESE CIVILIANS!" with big eyes you look at the officer, it's getting hard to breathe or say anything but you said it anyway "Sir... I'm afraid i won't do that sir".
The officer is outraged and points at an other soldier:"YOU THERE PRIVATE, I ORDER YOU TO DO IT!!". The private has the same posture as you and refuses to do it, the officer chose a few other soldiers but the responses were the same. Furiously the officer "YOU WILL ALL STAND BEFORE THE COURT MARSHAL!! I HOPE YOU WILL ROT IN YOUR CELLS!" suddenly the officer grabs his gun and walks towards a woman which is cowering in fear. With no hesitation he pulls the trigger, and the woman drops lifelessly on the ground with a bleeding head.
The squad isn't moving or stopping him, but you're thinking of killing him if he even dares to approach a child. Exactly as the thought floats your head he approaches a child, he grabs her and throws her against the ground. Just as he readies himself to shoot ..... bam... The officer looks at you. Holding your gun, aimed at him he feels his chest.  "You son of a..." you shoot another time, this time you hit his head and he drops dead instantly.

With speed you run to the woman and hope that she might be an extraordinary case where she might have survived it but no.... "Everyone.... get out of here as fast as you can, i can buy some time before another squad arrives". The squad gives you their thanks and good lucks, cause you'll need it. As you sit and stare into the sun you think "I've have done many horrible things, but can i get redemption?" : End flashback:.

bad memories.. all of them. But with little time for thinking now, you see what you're wearing, apparantly you're wearing a clean white shirt, with clean white underpants,pants and boots. Hm.. the people here must've have liked white, slowly you make your way towards the first door on the right. Should i open it or continue?

Inventory list acquired!
Old Memory acquired!
Skills acquired!
Spoiler: Skills Explained (click to show/hide)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote from: Mark Reid
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Memories (click to show/hide)

PS: How do i link pieces of text? Cause i'd like to make a link which leads to this memory and slowly create an archive then.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 04:40:02 am »

>Open it slowly and take a peek inside.

If it looks safe or not outwardly threatening,
>Continue in and give the room a more thorough inspection.

if it doesn't look safe,
>close the door quickly and lean against it with all your weight, to keep any threats contained.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:44:24 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 06:30:43 am »

>Open it slowly and take a peek inside.

If it looks safe or not outwardly threatening,
>Continue in and give the room a more thorough inspection.

if it doesn't look safe,
>close the door quickly and lean against it with all your weight, to keep any threats contained.

Slowly you open the door until there is a small crack which you can look trough, the room is well lit and no-one or anything is in it. You open the door further and Oh.. THE smell! It smells like something has died in here.
You push the door open and see a corpse in the corner, it's a human corpse. From the looks of it , it's quite old and already started decomposing. As a medic you're used to sights like these but it's still a very unpleasant view. Upon further inspection there seems to be nothing visually wrong with the corpse,but who knows. You check his pockets and find a small torn scrap note it says : "Tell them that i loved them... subje..". "That doesn't explain much, but he cared about some people" You close the door and regain some strength in your legs, you're now able to walk slowly without support. There are still a few doors left and there's the lift at the end of the corridor.

You gained Scrap note!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote from: Mark Reid
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Memories (click to show/hide)

PS: Thanks for the tips and i have added a few skills, maybe i will do something with the PTSD

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 11:34:33 am »

bump

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Future RPG
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 01:08:59 pm »

Check full surroundings, make mental notes of the area, you may need to come back at some time. After that, go through door the nearest door.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4