Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 445087 times)

StarWars1981

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #825 on: October 07, 2016, 04:37:46 pm »

Mass-pitting has not worked for me ... unless the object being pitted has NOT been fully disarmed. If I dump their equipment (goblins right now, about 13 total), as in 10 of them, they escape and run for their lives. They don't make it far, I'm not stupid, the militia stands by. HOWEVER, those that I've FORGOTTEN to disarm (3, the ONLY 3 who made it in the pit) have NEVER failed to drop in the pit.
The hatches are not forbidden; they are set to disallow Pets; pitting zone covers all of them; spacing is correct; stockpile settings are correct. Any troubleshooting? - In case I've got it wrong, and it's not a bug, but my screwup with the hatches, plus a bit of random luck to get the three dangerous ones in and the harmless (poor war dog, but those 4 strays got'em in the end) out ... but I don't think so. I might have undumped the goblins themselves; I'd have to check next time I do it. I DID undump the cages after mass-dumping the tiles.

Goblins, goblins everywhere ... except their pit, where they are supposed to be very common, and yet are not so common at all.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 07, 2016, 05:28:22 pm »

Just FYI: You can dump, at least, trolls through a closed retracting bridge too.

armok of blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 07, 2016, 10:49:43 pm »

Trivial thing.
You know how you always start with 7 dwarves?
I recently figured out it's probably a reference to Snow White and the SEVEN DWARVES.
Probably.
It's not like an idea has to make sense for people to cling to it.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 07, 2016, 11:12:31 pm »

Trivial thing.
You know how you always start with 7 dwarves?
I recently figured out it's probably a reference to Snow White and the SEVEN DWARVES.
Probably.
To get even more trivial, Snow White is older than Tolkien, so it's actually Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  But I think your reasoning is correct about the reference.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 08, 2016, 06:08:11 am »

Holy fu--

*Fragments of skull slop onto ceiling*
One wheel short of a wagon

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 08, 2016, 09:13:50 am »

The player is Snow White.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

StarWars1981

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 08, 2016, 12:14:12 pm »

So what's that make the goblins? Flying monkey- oh, sorry, wrong one.
Soldiers, clearly, sent to kill the dwarves and Snow White. However, Snow White has had excellent ninja training in escape and evasion, so they can't catch her unless she's adventuring and is taken by surprise. However, given her ability to shapeshift and cast illusions about herself, she probably never gets killed, just feigns it and runs again.
The dwarves, unfortunately, have fallen under Idiot's influence (is that the name? or was it something else? I can't remember, lol), and now require direction to continue operating their mines. And the occasional Grumpy descendant does indeed cause massive devastation following failed mandates or severe casualties in the fort's population. Similar events happen for other descendants, who begin muttering or sit in a corner and thirst to death. The most tragic ones seek to actively kill themselves - perhaps they believe the world will improve in their next life as a stone ... or something like that.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 08, 2016, 12:19:39 pm »

Dopey.  Who was an idiot.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 11, 2016, 06:06:30 am »

Trogledyte dropped 30 z's. Splatters. Arms and legs rot but no bones, only fleshless legs...

Troll shot with bolts, reanimated, captured and dropped 30 z's. Splatters. Arms and legs rot but no bones, only fleshless legs...

Research on using reanimation to turn bits into bones without butchery is ongoing...
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 11, 2016, 01:49:57 pm »

Trogledyte dropped 30 z's. Splatters. Arms and legs rot but no bones, only fleshless legs...

Troll shot with bolts, reanimated, captured and dropped 30 z's. Splatters. Arms and legs rot but no bones, only fleshless legs...

Research on using reanimation to turn bits into bones without butchery is ongoing...
You need to remove the hands/feet first. The nails make it so the limbs don't decay into bones. Or you could cheat and mod the nails away.

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 12, 2016, 04:53:16 pm »

You need to remove the hands/feet first. The nails make it so the limbs don't decay into bones. Or you could cheat and mod the nails away.

What about the neck (presumably neck and head) whats keeping that together?
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 13, 2016, 08:36:55 pm »

1. Dwarves in hospital can have strange mood. And they will go to the workshop immediately without waiting for the doctor to heal htem.
2. Artifacts do not count if a noble mandate something of the same type.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 14, 2016, 07:50:54 pm »

It turns out that a naked elf will take up to three years to freeze to death when chained in a cell with a ceiling made of ice.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 15, 2016, 12:24:29 am »

The mayor in my last fortress turned out to be a bloody vampire.

I found out that he did it before even one witness turned up.

How?
After the discovery of the body, devoid of blood, I went through all of my suspects for vampirism
(all dorfs who have strangely high social skills) and found out that my mayor was horrified to see the victim die.
Absolutely no other dwarf, not even the ones who later turned up as witnesses to incriminate said mayor, actually saw the victim die (guess the witnesses just saw him running out of the sleeping room, covered in the victims blood)

Afterwards, everything was crystal clear :D

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 15, 2016, 03:18:15 am »

Mud titans are apparently made out of dried mud: they can suffer fractured or chipped body parts.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 148