Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 814934 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r2
« Reply #1995 on: December 22, 2019, 01:40:32 am »

I'm running DF on an OSX system, and it was installed via the Lazy Mac Pack. I can't seem to access the GUI version of Workflow, nor find documentation for the hot key in the DFHack docs. Was this feature removed?
Note that this shortcut was removed for a few DFHack versions. Make sure you're using a recent DF version - some Mac packs are still on 0.44.05, but the most recent DF version is 0.44.12. (I think the workflow shortcut should be enabled in all versions of DFHack for 0.44, though - if it's not working for you, see Bumber's advice.)

Totally different question: Are there any more robust collections of stockpile settings for DFHack/stocksettings? One that's been updated to include all the new items from the last year or two?
More robust than what? I couldn't find an existing collection on the wiki, and I'm not aware of one that comes with DFHack.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #1996 on: December 24, 2019, 10:02:36 pm »

I'm running DF on an OSX system, and it was installed via the Lazy Mac Pack. I can't seem to access the GUI version of Workflow, nor find documentation for the hot key in the DFHack docs. Was this feature removed?
Note that this shortcut was removed for a few DFHack versions. Make sure you're using a recent DF version - some Mac packs are still on 0.44.05, but the most recent DF version is 0.44.12. (I think the workflow shortcut should be enabled in all versions of DFHack for 0.44, though - if it's not working for you, see Bumber's advice.)

I'm running 0.44.12, and dfhack.init seems to be set up correctly: ...had commented out the commands. Problem fixed! Thanks, Bumber!

Totally different question: Are there any more robust collections of stockpile settings for DFHack/stocksettings? One that's been updated to include all the new items from the last year or two?
More robust than what? I couldn't find an existing collection on the wiki, and I'm not aware of one that comes with DFHack.

The LNP and LMP both come with a Gems stockpile setting group (Rough Ornamental. Rough Rare, Rough Semiprecious), a Magma Safe group (different Stone and Ore settings), and a MechGuides group.

So since I'm going to go through the trouble of making [Workshop]_Input stockpiles for everything, how do I submit those for inclusion into df-hack?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:13:15 pm by Romeofalling »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: December 27, 2019, 05:38:48 pm »

The LNP and LMP both come with a Gems stockpile setting group (Rough Ornamental. Rough Rare, Rough Semiprecious), a Magma Safe group (different Stone and Ore settings), and a MechGuides group.

So since I'm going to go through the trouble of making [Workshop]_Input stockpiles for everything, how do I submit those for inclusion into df-hack?

Submitting a pull request on GitHub is probably easiest for us. However, this case is a bit tricky because we currently don't distribute any stockpile profiles with DFHack, so there's not really a place in the repository to put them (but we can figure out how to address that and make sure they get bundled properly). They're also binary files, from what I remember, which tend not to play very well with Git - if they're large, we might just distribute them separately.

As a side thought, if it's possible to generate these profiles programmatically, it might be more maintainable to have the plugin generate them (although built-in workshops are hardcoded, and reactions for custom workshops can be pretty complicated... so your solution is probably easiest for now).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #1998 on: December 27, 2019, 06:24:08 pm »

Is it out of scope for DFHack? Perhaps I should submit it to LNP instead? I feel like a true DFHack implementation would involve adding those options to the GUI, which is the opposite quantity of work than I want to generate. :)

I've successfully opened the stockpile files in a text editor, so unless my understanding of what Smultron is capable of doing is deeply outdated, they're text files.

The stockpile files I've created since my last post are industry based rather than workshop based, so you can, for example, keep one Quern & stockpile adjacent to your Dyers Workshop and another one next to the Kitchen.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: December 27, 2019, 08:29:27 pm »

I feel like a true DFHack implementation would involve adding those options to the GUI, which is the opposite quantity of work than I want to generate. :)
Well, they'd show up in the existing list of profiles in the GUI, wouldn't they? I think that's good enough - yeah, making more complicated options would take some work.

The stockpile files I've created since my last post are industry based rather than workshop based, so you can, for example, keep one Quern & stockpile adjacent to your Dyers Workshop and another one next to the Kitchen.
Ah, so those would be somewhat harder to generate programmatically than I was thinking. As long as they're compatible with vanilla, I'm fine with bundling them with DFHack (although it's possible that some mods would break compatibility with them). LNP authors would probably also be willing to include them if you reached out (most of those threads are in the DF General Discussion forum).

I've successfully opened the stockpile files in a text editor, so unless my understanding of what Smultron is capable of doing is deeply outdated, they're text files.
I double-checked a .dfstock file I have laying around from 0.43.05 (it's using protobuf's default format, I think, and I don't think the plugin has changed its format since then). It's a "binary" file in the sense that it has a lot of non-printable and non-ASCII characters, but it also uses ASCII for a lot of stuff. So you'd probably be able to read these files in a text editor and get an idea of what they're doing, but editing them would probably break them. I don't know how Git would handle this exactly, but the (basic) file I have isn't very big, so I'm not too concerned about that anymore.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #2000 on: January 04, 2020, 07:42:48 am »

I tested it on Mac too.

path:
Applications\Älgstubben\Bäverdammen\Järvträsket\Lazy Mac Pack v0.44.12 dfhack-r2/Dwarf Fortress 0.44.12/

I can confirm that LNP won´t launch when there are common Swedish words in the path.

This may point to lack of unicode path support. Try it with other national characters (cyrillic, Polish letters, japanese moonrunes...) - if they don't work either we'll know the answer. I've seen similar stuff happen wit other software as well, particularly an old version of ToonBoom (not sure if it still happens in the new versions) - these programs simply don't get unicode in paths and they try to interpret two byte unicode sequences as two ascii characters, then freak out when they encounter characters that shouldn't be there (such as control codes belonging in the 0x00-0x1F range).
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: January 04, 2020, 04:37:40 pm »

I tested it on Mac too.

path:
Applications\Älgstubben\Bäverdammen\Järvträsket\Lazy Mac Pack v0.44.12 dfhack-r2/Dwarf Fortress 0.44.12/

I can confirm that LNP won´t launch when there are common Swedish words in the path.

This may point to lack of unicode path support. Try it with other national characters (cyrillic, Polish letters, japanese moonrunes...) - if they don't work either we'll know the answer. I've seen similar stuff happen wit other software as well, particularly an old version of ToonBoom (not sure if it still happens in the new versions) - these programs simply don't get unicode in paths and they try to interpret two byte unicode sequences as two ascii characters, then freak out when they encounter characters that shouldn't be there (such as control codes belonging in the 0x00-0x1F range).

If you're referring to PyLNP, that's written in Python, and Unicode handling in Python is particularly easy to do wrong (especially in Python 2, which PyLNP is using). Looks like this is a known PyLNP issue and unrelated to DFHack: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140808.msg8041496#msg8041496 (but if DFHack itself can't handle Unicode characters, do let us know!)

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #2002 on: January 04, 2020, 06:29:18 pm »

Can someone make a plugin that would automatically back up saves to certain location (and would be called upon save completion)? My goal is to make it backup in my file server that is barely being used right now.
//edit: @lethosor the earlier discussion suggested that it happens outside of PyLNP as well and if python's unicode handling is so terrible, isn't it a sign it would be a good idea to rewrite PyLNP in another, better language or at least upgrade the code to Python 3?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 06:32:46 pm by darkhog »
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: January 04, 2020, 09:04:50 pm »

//edit: @lethosor the earlier discussion suggested that it happens outside of PyLNP as well and if python's unicode handling is so terrible, isn't it a sign it would be a good idea to rewrite PyLNP in another, better language or at least upgrade the code to Python 3?
That bug is specific to the Ruby plugin. Also, paths are being printed incorrectly in the console on Windows, but (at least from my understanding) other features like plugins and Lua scripts worked.

Per the discussion I linked to, updating PyLNP to use Python 3 is planned.

Mim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: January 05, 2020, 07:14:28 pm »

How do I run a DFHack script with a syndrome?
I am an excellent proofreader... after I click submit.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: January 06, 2020, 06:49:32 am »

That seems like a very incomplete question. I, at least, fails to understand what the question actually is:
- Is the question one of how to run scripts in general (but then, where does the syndrome fit in)?
- Is it a question of how to use a particular, but unspecified, script?
- Is it about how to write scripts that involve syndromes in unspecified ways?

To have a decent chance to get a useful answer you probably have provide enough info.

Sulter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: January 06, 2020, 07:25:22 am »

Hello all.
I've made a script, which will locate historical figures, and I want to hear whatever there is any interest in having it added to DFHack.

You can input a historical figure name (or part of name, in either translated or native language). And it will print out its position.
This is whatever the historical figure is traveling the world, spawned in a site, or in a site but not spawned yet. If the historical figure is inside the same site as you (like in a town, fortress, lair etc.), it will tell you its local site coordinates (as well as your own).
The script is obviously most useful in adv-mode.

Examples:

I'm trying to track down and kill the world's last werebeast. It's not in its lair though, and I can't find it in the surrounding wilderness. Is there a command I can use to locate it?
Well there is now :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 08:24:20 am by Sulter »

Mim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: January 06, 2020, 10:37:37 am »

That seems like a very incomplete question. I, at least, fails to understand what the question actually is:
- Is the question one of how to run scripts in general (but then, where does the syndrome fit in)?
- Is it a question of how to use a particular, but unspecified, script?
- Is it about how to write scripts that involve syndromes in unspecified ways?

To have a decent chance to get a useful answer you probably have provide enough info.
Whoops! I should clarify. I am asking how to run a script in general (anything in the scripts folder) upon the triggering of a syndrome.
I am an excellent proofreader... after I click submit.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: January 06, 2020, 07:07:51 pm »

Whoops! I should clarify. I am asking how to run a script in general (anything in the scripts folder) upon the triggering of a syndrome.

Easily done using modtools/syndrome-trigger as follows:
Code: [Select]
modtools/syndrome-trigger -syndrome SYN_NAME -command [ script ]You could place this in an onLoad.init file in your raw folder to have it run automatically whenever the game is loaded.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: January 09, 2020, 02:50:10 am »

Hello all.
I've made a script, which will locate historical figures, and I want to hear whatever there is any interest in having it added to DFHack.
[snip]
Well if nobody's commenting on this I'd at least like to mention that I'd like a copy of that script if you have it available somewhere :P
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 243