Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bootfighter Windom XP SP-2  (Read 21344 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bootfighter Windom XP SP-2
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2008, 11:51:31 am »

I want WASD and mouse controls :(

Also the performance of that game is a bad bad joke  ;D

If you are talking about Blitz mode, or Interception mode in server, it's because of those summon power-ups.

It seems your AI friends do not go for those, but AI enemies do. After a while your enemies would be swelling in number and your FPS will drop like a stone.

I hope there is a way to turn those off, or put a cap to team size...
i dl'ed the older version; its not as bad there.
 but still the OVERALL performance is crap.

turn off hdr and see the fps improve - that shouldnt happen with a game that looks that much like ass.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2008, 01:50:47 pm »

It runs alright for me, and evidently for the rest of the people here. 'Tis the unskilled archer who insults the bow when his own failings are the cause.

Then again, it is an unoptimized freeware game. I wouldn't expect the level of polish I would on say... a Valve game. If it doesn't run for you... oh well.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2008, 01:53:56 pm »

oh it runs, and seeing i downloaded the older version i can theoretically even play that blitz mode to some extent. and im really not the unskilled archer here. I think I have been gaming long enough to know how to build my pc ;)

it just doesnt run on an acceptable level for the way it looks. as i said in another thread, i just dl'ed fear combat and for some reason its shitting out 200 frames no problem, but this game really comes to a screeching halt, and partly its because of those hdr effects that do nothign but make one or two bots more shiney.

freeware game and all, ok... i couldnt code it better myself. but that doesnt stop it from being badly coded.

edit: i mean, i really did try to like it, and all... but i think id rather play gunz or that other mecha online game i found... which is pretty sad
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:56:26 pm by Puck »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]