Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 263730 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Looter's Delight: Considering Revival
« on: January 15, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »

Did I hear the word "loot"?

Indeed you did! Welcome to Looter's Delight, the RTD that uses an unbelievably large custom loot generator. And when I say unbelievably large, I mean something that will generate thousands upon thousands of unique items, from weapons and armor to alcohol and furniture.

What do I do?

You are a treasure hunter of sorts. You're looking for all kinds of rare and possibly magical goodies. Unfortunately, seven other treasure hunters had the same idea as you. This isn't good at all...

Still sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?

Those aforementioned magical goodies? They're in a different dimension. Luckily for you, when someone dies it releases just enough power to open a portal to that dimension for a second. Not long enough for you to climb in, but the place is so full of loot that it literally just pours out onto the floor. Unluckily for you, your death will open a portal the same as anyone else's would, and those other treasure hunters seem to have that look in their eyes...

I can take 'em! Sign me up!

Well, just fill out this nice little liability waiver character sheet, and you'll be on your way! All stats can be either a plus, a minus, or a blank, but you have to have at least one minus for every plus that you have. A plus is plus one to rolls using the stat, and a minus is a minus one. Also, to prevent any reality-destroying mutants from joining, the highest a stat can be is a plus six, while the lowest it can be is a minus six.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How am I going to kill those wannabes if I don't have any treasure?

Don't worry, everyone starts with a single bit of randomly generated goodness, based upon what your highest skill is. Of course, it won't be anything too stellar, considering that nobody died for it. At least nobody that you know...

Current Players:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:29:01 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:17:52 pm »

Once eight people sign up, I'll get started.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 06:41:07 pm »

Name: Some call me...Arthur?
Looks: This energetic gentleman has beady red eyes that are like two drops of blood. He is bald, but used to have thick, curly hair the color of blooming violets He is tall and has a boyish build. His skin is deeply-tanned. He has a strong chin. His wardrobe is businesslike and strange, with a completely black and gray color scheme.
Stats:
Strength: -
Endurance: 0
Dexterity: +
Affinity: +
Luck: 0
Badassery: -
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 06:51:47 pm »

Name: SIR BADASSITUDE
Looks: LITERAL EMBODIMENT OF BADASSINESS, SIR BADASSITUDE MAKES ALL YOU PATHETIC LITTLE MEN WET YOURSELF IN MY PRESENCE, MY BADASSZERYNESS IS SO OFF THE CHARTS THAT THE SCIENTISTS NEEDED TO MAKE BADASS AN ELEMENT. FUCK.
Stats:
Strength:+
Endurance:= <- Changed from +
Dexterity:-
Affinity:-
Luck:= <- changed from -
Badassery:+

Lol I died
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:42:37 pm by stefmor90 »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:15:57 pm »

Name: Billy Snow
Looks: Some awful rapper guy
Stats:
Strength:
Endurance:
Affinity: -
Luck:
Badassery:
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! [5 SLOTS OPEN]
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 08:39:36 pm »

By the way, this will use the chunky salsa damage system, and I'll post a map with the first turn.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 08:46:49 pm »

Mm, chunky salsa. Good for damage and (supposedly) for tacos! Not the same kind, of course...although I'll probably be double checking any Mexican food made by a Bay12er, just in case there's confusion.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 08:48:59 pm »

Name: Javier.... Ummm*looks up rascist last name* Gonzales
Looks: Skinny Puerto Rican Guy with a sombrero....... And a poncho with maracas, castanets, and un guitarra
Stats
Endurance: -
Luck:-
Badassery: +
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:01:00 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! [4 SLOTS OPEN]
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 10:30:59 pm »

How can you be badass if you're weak and frail?
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 10:32:35 pm »

Because he can easily dodge your attacks using his Latin dexterity

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 10:33:34 pm »

Name: George Nix
Looks: Short, stocky, bald, but with a thick red beard.
Stats:
Strength: +
Endurance: +
Dexterity: -
Affinity: -
Luck:
Badassery:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:36:03 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! [3 SLOTS OPEN]
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 10:42:23 pm »

I'm in.

Name: Alina Strato
Looks: Alina has Brown hair, tied back with a set of Red, Blue, and Green rubber bands. She wears a Red cloak, and a bit of thin Yeallow, Leather armour underneath. Not that it really helps.
Stats:
Endurance: 0
Dexterity: 0
Luck: +
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:55:35 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! [2 SLOTS OPEN]
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 01:52:09 am »

This looks like it could be good. My life has been a little more chaotic lately than I'd like, so I can't necessarily guarantee that I'll be able to post every day. It's possible I'd be able to post several times a day; I don't really know. If at any point you need to get moving and I haven't posted, I'll be fine if you decide to skip me or kill me off and, in fact, won't be offended at all if you decide not to add me since I can't guarantee posting at the present time.

Name: Rakzad
Looks: Brownish hair. Wears a green cloak. Thin and tallish.
Stats:
Strength: 0
Affinity: 0
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! [2 SLOTS OPEN]
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 01:56:04 am »

This looks like it could be good. My life has been a little more chaotic lately than I'd like, so I can't necessarily guarantee that I'll be able to post every day. It's possible I'd be able to post several times a day; I don't really know. If at any point you need to get moving and I haven't posted, I'll be fine if you decide to skip me or kill me off and, in fact, won't be offended at all if you decide not to add me since I can't guarantee posting at the present time.

Name: Rakzad
Looks: Brownish hair. Wears a green cloak. Thin and tallish.
Stats:
Strength: 0
Affinity: 0
No problem. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! [1 SLOT OPEN]
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 02:20:34 am »

Count me in, ill post my sheet in a bit but it will be +str and dex -affinity and badassery

Name: archuk
Looks: brown hair, white skin, tall and athletic, wears a stone grey travelling cloak over a leather tunic.
Stats:
Str +1
Dex +1
End 0
Affinity -1
Luck 0
Badassery -1
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:28:45 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 159