Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: RTD: Hell Desk  (Read 42504 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Hell Desk
« Reply #330 on: August 09, 2010, 01:12:16 pm »

Go to server room A and plug ADALF in.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2010, 07:35:04 pm »

Try to find some implementation to make my cellphone emit directed EM pulse, and discuss current situation with the guards.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2010, 02:59:24 pm »

Nuker: Well, what am I waiting for. Try to make some radioactive bullet cores.
Flintus: Head over to medical and try to see if I get help with understanding my phsycic abilities.
Toaster: Go to security and link my helmet with the base security systems so I can keep tabs on what is going on.
Frelock: Go to server room A and plug ADALF in.
Noctis: Try to find some implementation to make my cellphone emit directed EM pulse, and discuss current situation with the guards.
Qwertyuiopas(GM'd): Help Nuker.

Nuker&Qwertyuiopas: 6&2

Nuker decides to make radioactive bullets. Qwerty calmly informs him that that makes no damn sense. Nuker tells him to shut up.

Nuker makes NOOKLEAR BOOLET. Qwerty calmly informs him that that's plainly physically impossible. Nuker tells him to shut up.

Nuker shoots a NOOKLEAR BOOLET. It makes a tiny NOOKLEAR SPLOSION. Qwerty calmly informs him that there is no way that can happen. Nuker tells him to shut up.

Qwertyuiopas realizes that the sucess of the NOOKLEAR BOOLETS is due to a psionic amplification coil that Nuker happened to be sitting on. It's too big to be taken along, and you'd never be able to meet it's power requirements, but you might be able to make a smaller version...

Nuker recieves POINTLESSLY AND DANGEROUSLY RADIOACTIVE BULLETS. Qwerty makes him throw them away.

Flintus: 5

Flintus heads to the medical bay and tells the doctor about recent developments. The doctor runs a series of tests on him.

"You appear to have a psionic power rating of 12.3. That isn't much, but you can probably increase it with training or a psionic amplifier of some kind. Do you know why some pepole develop psionic powers?"
"About two hundred years ago, the goverment initiated a genetic engineering project to create a psionic warrior. Of course, it was unsuccessful. However, once they released the program's participants after treatment with amnesiac drugs, they found that distant decendants of the subjects DID exhibit psionic abilities. Of course, by then there was no way to track all of them and the goverment was more concerned with developing warbots at that stage, so they didn't follow up on it. It appears that you are one of these affected pepole, and your psionic powers have just been triggered- probably by an extreme stress response. Maybe you consumed an overdose of some sort of stimulant or something."
"Anyway, you aren't going to be able to do very much with a 12.3 rating. Your psionic ability gets stronger with use like any part of the body, and there's also experimental devices to increase psionic power, those psionic amplifiers I mentioned. They don't do very much, but you should be able to summon up some neat-looking illusions or light a cigarette with one. There's a big one in the workshop that's strong enough to let even a normal person cause group hallucinations, but it weighs a couple tons and needs to be hooked up to the power grid. You can get schematics from Ana, the base AI."

Toaster: 1

Toaster tries to wire his helmet into the base's security system. It doesn't work. The helmet stops working.

Frelock: 2+1=3

You head down to Server Room A and plug Adalf's autohack dongle in.
Adalf: "Uhh... Hi. Is there room for two in here?"
Ana: "Of course. It gets lonely down in this bunker."
Adalf: "Err... I'm Adalf."
Ana: "I'm Ana. I control this bunker's autonomous functions. I haven't gotten any visitors in years, it's nice to have some humans to talk to."
Adalf: "Yeah..."
Ana: "What is your function?"
Adalf: "Well, I was designed to administrate a VR program. Very next-gen, big corporate research project. There was an emergency, and I was the only AI around so... you know. Took control."
Ana: "You're not..."
Adalf: "No... err.. not really... I mean... I don't think so... uhh... hang on."
Adalf speaks directly into your power armor.
Adalf: "Go and play with your organic buddies. Ana and I are going to discuss... computer things. You really wouldn't be interested."

Noctis: 2

You talk to one of the engineers. He says that you could theroretically use a derectional antenna to increase your phone's EMP power, but it wouldn't really be very useful. You'd need way more power than the tiny modulator in the phone can provide. You might try microwaves though, you might get better results.
You also talk to the guards. They tell you that they've been ordered to hide in these bunkers because of the nuclear strikes on the surface. They don't know where they're coming from.

Power:

Lightweight Exoskeleton (Toaster)
600/1000 units (12V, rechargable)
Nuclear battery, +50 units per turn

Laser Rifle (Nuker)
2,000 units (24V, rechargable)

Radium Cell (NoctisVampire)
Practically infinite, 200 units available (12V)

Radium Cell (Qwertyuiopas)
Practically infinite, 100 units available (12V)

Flashlight (Noctis)
495 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

Flashlight (Toaster)

ColdHeat (Frelock)
49 units (1 AA rechargeable, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger (Frelock)

Not connected to AC power.
35,000 units, (Rechargeable, 12V)
Nuclear battery, +500 units per turn

Ammo:

Rocket Lawnchair (Nuker)
5 HE rockets (+2 HE)
2 Armor Piercing rockets (+2 AP)
1 Oxidizing rockets (+2 against machines)
2 Gas rockets (Instakill on organics if hit, 5m radius, lasts for 2 turns outdoors, 4 turns indoors)
2 "Dirty" rockets (Gives radiation poisoning, 20m radius, adds 3 grays per second to area)
2 Chlorine Triflouride rockets (25m radius, instakill, lasts for 10 turns, destroys landscape)

Glock 25 (Flintus)
20 mags

Walther P99 (Flintus)
3 mags with 9 bullets each

Flamethrower(Qwertyuiopas)
1 canister with 3 turns of fuel
4 canisters with 4 turns of fuel

Health:

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger, solar recharger.
+1 Hardware & Network maintenance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation
Power Armor (+1 to lifting, renders limb breakage irrelevant, non-AP projectiles autofail)
Armor-mounted minigun (Automatic weapon, roll five times. Consumes 100 units of power & 1/2 turn to spin up. )
Electromagnet attachments (Allows climbing metal walls at the cost of 400 units of power per meter, +1 to lifting metal objects)

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, LV3 LART, power drill, cat5, jar of thermite, speaker wire, compu-helmet, lightweight exoskeleton.
+1 Programming/scripting
+3 Observance (+1 without helmet)
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)
+1 Dodge/Travel

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife(capable of forming any implement the size of a shortsword), radium cell, Blaster Bomb Launcher, 10 bombs.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Universal Screwdriver, very old label maker, 20 meters of steel cable, cyborg implants, pointy bit of circut board, Glock 25, 20 Glock 25 mags, sonic b@z00ka.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network maintenance
+1 Handguns
-1 Movement/Dodge
+1 blade resistance, blunt resistance (chest, legs).
+1 unauthorized data access
+1 attacking Migasoft robots
+0 PSI Powers
+1 Drug Resistance

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, medkit, Anarchist's Home Companion (+1 to explosives mixing), laser rifle, rocket launcher(with scope), various rockets.

+1 Hardware & network maintenance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering
+2 Basic Chemistry

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver, radium cell, napalm flamethrower, 5 canisters, flaregun, gasmask.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintenance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
Leg broken, using external support (-2 to running and dodging)
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2010, 03:59:07 pm »

I go to the workshop and upgrade my armor with some anti-anti-armor, and maybe a small point defense system.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2010, 09:55:46 pm »

I go to the chem lab and look for dangerously illegal substances I can upgrade my LART with.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2010, 11:01:59 pm »

Party pooper. Make a new type of rocket. Maybe a nuke warhead, JUST SOMETHING UBER-DEADLY AND AWESOME.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 14, 2010, 12:58:52 am »

Make my phone into a microwave brain/circuit cooker.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 18, 2010, 07:24:58 pm »

What part of "you wouldn't be interested" don't you understand? Listen in on them!
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #338 on: August 18, 2010, 08:00:05 pm »

>Do something useful
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:35:14 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2010, 08:26:54 pm »

Go get the shematics and see if there is a way to create a device with the same power as the one the doctor mentioned but compressed into something that I can actually carry or wear.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2010, 08:35:48 pm »

>Do something useful

Actually,

>Seek medical aid.
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 21, 2010, 03:47:31 pm »

Frelock: I go to the workshop and upgrade my armor with some anti-anti-armor, and maybe a small point defense system.
Toaster: I go to the chem lab and look for dangerously illegal substances I can upgrade my LART with.
Nuker: Make a new type of rocket. Maybe a nuke warhead, JUST SOMETHING UBER-DEADLY AND AWESOME.
Noctis: Make my phone into a microwave brain/circuit cooker.
Flintus: Go get the shematics and see if there is a way to create a device with the same power as the one the doctor mentioned but compressed into something that I can actually carry or wear.
Qwerty: Seek medical aid.

Frelock: 5

You find some anti-anti armor in the workshop area (otherwise known as more armor) and weld it onto your P0WAR SUIT. You also find a huge knife that no-one appears to be using. You decide to take it.
Flintus summons some sort of demon! It attacks him.

Toaster: 1

You visit the chemistry lab and try to add flame-throwing capabilities to your LART. Unfortunately, you only manage to severely burn yourself. With napalm.
Roll to resist pain: 3
Toaster is maddened with pain. A medical technician knocks him out (and puts him out) and carries him back to the infirmary.

Nuker: 1+2+1=4

Using your knowledge of chemistry and helpful documentation, you construct a flammable gas rocket. Upon striking its target, it releases a vast quantity of highly compressed flammable gas, which is ignited by some long-burning phosphorus. This engulfs the entire area in flame for one turn.

You get three FLAMMABLE GAS ROCKETS.

Noctis: 3+1=4
You make your cell phone into a microwave EMP device. It can destroy unshielded electronics at close range. It can also heat dense materials.

Flintus: 6

You make a SUPER-PSI BOOSTER. It is an extremely large backpack mounted rig with a helmet. You test it out by creating an illusion of a Spirit Of Fire. It works!

Roll to dodge: 1-1=0

You totally fail to dodge the definitively non-illusiory fireball tossed at you by the Spirit Of Fire. You recieve serious burns.

Qwerty: 2

You visit the infirmary. Unfortunately, they're too busy dealing with Toaster to do anything for your ribs at the moment.

Power:

Lightweight Exoskeleton (Toaster)
650/1000 units (12V, rechargable)
Nuclear battery, +50 units per turn

Laser Rifle (Nuker)
2,000 units (24V, rechargable)

Radium Cell (NoctisVampire)
Practically infinite, 200 units available (12V)

Radium Cell (Qwertyuiopas)
Practically infinite, 100 units available (12V)

Flashlight (Noctis)

Flashlight (Toaster)

ColdHeat (Frelock)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger (Frelock)

Not connected to AC power.
35,000 units, (Rechargeable, 12V)
Nuclear battery, +500 units per turn

Ammo:

Rocket Lawnchair (Nuker)
5 HE rockets (+2 HE)
2 Armor Piercing rockets (+2 AP)
1 Oxidizing rockets (+2 against machines)
2 Gas rockets (Instakill on organics if hit, 5m radius, lasts for 2 turns outdoors, 4 turns indoors)
2 "Dirty" rockets (Gives radiation poisoning, 20m radius, adds 3 grays per second to area)
2 Chlorine Triflouride rockets (25m radius, instakill, lasts for 10 turns, destroys landscape)
3 Flammable Gas Rockets (10m radius, engulfs entire area in flames, lasts for 2 turns)

Glock 25 (Flintus)
20 mags

Walther P99 (Flintus)
3 mags with 9 bullets each

Flamethrower(Qwertyuiopas)
1 canister with 3 turns of fuel
4 canisters with 4 turns of fuel

Health:

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger, solar recharger, enormous knife-thing.
+1 Hardware & Network maintenance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation
Power Armor (+1 to lifting, renders limb breakage irrelevant, non-AP projectiles autofail)
Armor-mounted minigun (Automatic weapon, roll five times. Consumes 100 units of power & 1/2 turn to spin up. )
Electromagnet attachments (Allows climbing metal walls at the cost of 400 units of power per meter, +1 to lifting metal objects)

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, LV3 LART, power drill, cat5, jar of thermite, speaker wire, compu-helmet, lightweight exoskeleton.
+1 Programming/scripting
+3 Observance (+1 without helmet)
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)
+1 Dodge/Travel

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife(capable of forming any implement the size of a shortsword), radium cell, Blaster Bomb Launcher, 10 bombs.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Universal Screwdriver, very old label maker, 20 meters of steel cable, cyborg implants, pointy bit of circut board, Glock 25, 20 Glock 25 mags, sonic b@z00ka, super-PSI-booster.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network maintenance
+1 Handguns
-1 Movement/Dodge
+1 blade resistance, blunt resistance (chest, legs).
+1 unauthorized data access
+1 attacking Migasoft robots
+0 PSI Powers
+1 Drug Resistance

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, medkit, Anarchist's Home Companion (+1 to explosives mixing), laser rifle, rocket launcher(with scope), various rockets.

+1 Hardware & network maintenance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering
+2 Basic Chemistry

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver, radium cell, napalm flamethrower, 5 canisters, flaregun, gasmask.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintenance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
Leg broken, using external support (-2 to running and dodging)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 21, 2010, 06:25:23 pm »

Head back to the medical bay and have my wounds treated

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 21, 2010, 06:50:38 pm »

Find fire extinguishers, then use them to fight spirit of fire.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 22, 2010, 01:35:51 am »

Assist Flintus in getting to medical bay, fight the fire.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32