Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 212916 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Backalley Medicant ☆ Noriko-chan
« Reply #1140 on: September 20, 2017, 02:34:28 am »

Fanfare.

Faith can hear the faint sound of fanfare playing nearby as she shows up. The sound of a very loud motorcycle seems to be drawing closer and closer, along with the sound of the fanfare. Before she can wonder what the noise is, however, the source finally rounds the corner towards the gardens.

It's Minato in Masked Knight Gaia form.

On what appears to be a golden motorcycle, green lines running throughout the body's contours with equally verdant headlights and what appear to be green, wing-like fins folded up on the side of the rear wheels. The food is on a bag strapped to the back of the motorcycle, clinging on as Minato speeds towards her, music blaring. He slows down almost instantaneously once he gets close enough to her, the food barely wobbling despite the force of the sudden stop as the boy clambers off his bike, demorphs to remove his armor and catches the food as it falls off the now-disappearing bike, all in one swift, suave motion.

He smirks at Faith as he strolls towards her, adjusting his collar as if he hadn't just shown up the way he did.
"You wait long for me?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1141 on: September 20, 2017, 04:55:51 pm »

Noriko decided she'd finally had enough. She raised her arms, and made a pushing motion. The air in the room seemed to rise up like some sort of angry animal, and rush toward the crowd of people currently trying to interrupt her work, with a shout of "VAYVAYASTRA!". That same gale tried to slash and tear at the blockage, aiming to destroy it entirely.

Alteration to 6, Vayvayastra using the other 6.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 22, 2017, 04:31:49 am »

"You design cars. As in, just the exterior, or the whole thing?" To be entirely honest, Shef was both already regretting this, and at the same time rapidly becoming infected with curiosity. The girl couldn't be more than twenty, eighteen or nineteen if he had to guess, and yet she apparently taught a sport, designed cars, and was insanely rich. From what he could tell, she wasn't the heir to an illustrious family like Minato, and so Shef was left with many questions desperately in need of answers.
Yoake rolls her eyes at him. "Yes, the whole thing. I'm pretty smart, yanno? I got a pretty good understandin' of physics, and I worked with some of my company to produce this whole garage. But yeah, let's get this started!"

Yoake revs the car, obviously excited to do something more than sit around at home.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 22, 2017, 06:24:23 am »

"Riiight then. We'll be heading across town to this location." Shef typed the address into the GPS. We've got a drug dealer who's been lacing his stuff with shards, and we're supposed to apprehend him. Take down his too body guards, get him alive. I'll be asking the guy a few questions, though that wasn't part of the assignment." Was there anything else she needed to know? Hmm. . . "Plan right now is knock on the door, portal you in through the ceiling onto whoever answers, and I'll use a portal myself to take down anyone in the back. Sound good? Main point is, we're not breaking down the door, at least not right now."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 22, 2017, 09:49:23 pm »

New Scene: Yuki
Welp, the Sealer's arrived. Elly's the name. Just Elly, no last name apparently. And surprise, surprise, like every other damn Godslayer around here she's dressed like a complete twat. Neat, conservative, monochrome, that's her attire, sort of like what you'd expect from the member of the clergy, without wearing anything you'd actually expect from a member of the clergy, her outfit consisting of a black hoodie with a touch of silver, black gloves, grey pants and a pair of high boots leaving no part of her visible at all, not even her face, framed in impenetrable shadows out from which two vertical bars of silvery light glow, acting as stylised eyes.
"Heeeey! Yuki says cheerfully to the girl. "You're the one we talked to on the phone, right? Or was that someone else? It wasn't a video call and you haven't talked yet so I don't know."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 23, 2017, 02:56:19 am »

Noriko
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
[Now Playing: Big Blast Sonic]

For an instant, the air stills. For an instant, everything becomes quiet. And then it comes, an unearthly howl. A gale so strong, so forceful, it could easily slice clean through a man, bones and all if you had wished it. You hadn't of course, you're pissed off, not a psychopath. But that just means you don't even need to focus it, hone it to a sharpened, no, you just make it push, and push it does, all that power focused on launching the damn interlopers out of the room.

From the outside, it'd have looked almost cartoonish, a bunch of people trying to run into the room, only to be launched out one by one, landing in an awkward pile, sore and confused, but otherwise unharmed.

Nurse A has been ejected from combat!

Nurse B has been ejected from combat!

Nurse C has been ejected from combat!

Nurse D has been ejected from combat!

Samaritan A has been ejected from combat!

Samaritan B has been ejected from combat!

Security A has been ejected from combat!

On top of that, you've already dealt a heavy blow to the blockage, blasting a good chunk of it out. Still you can't celebrate just yet, that attack may have been effective, but for one it has come at the cost of disabling your wind manipulation for now, and for the other...

WARNING! SUPERMASSIVE AIR EMBOLISM HAS ENTERED THE COMBAT AREA!

Yeah er, you just gave the guy a supermassive air embolism. Do you know what a massive air embolism is? Doesn't matter if you don't, Winter's quickly giving you a brief summary of it. But basically in the context of this surgical operation, it's when a significant quantity of air enters the patient's blood vessels, and as you can tell by the fact that in spite of being a medical term it sounds like a rejected Mad Max villain, it's pretty bad. It's rare, it's often fatal, and it's happening right fucking now.

Sorta.

See, a massive air embolism if left alone will kill a patient through a heart attack or stroke by disrupting the blood flow in one of those organs. But here? With the amount of air that got pumped into this guy? It's a supermassive air embolism, which, isn't even a proper medical term, at least, not yet. And the main difference in outlook between it and the regular version is that you replace the the phrase "disrupting the blood flow in" with "violently detonating". Yeah, it's not gonna be pretty.

And more pressingly, it's gonna kill the guy before you can get your wind manipulation back up and running. So, how do you stop it? Well, as Winter notes, and as Enn points out is absolutely fucking insane... you can stab it out. Fucking take your spear, and stab at the embolism, give it somewhere out to go.

What the fuck is your life right now?

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Yuki
"Of course silly~! Who else would I be~?"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:00:06 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1146 on: September 23, 2017, 03:29:45 am »

Noriko would have stopped to curse, but there wasn't really a suitable word or combination of words to express what exactly she was feeling at the moment. Alternatively, she may have stopped to question impaling a patient to cure a medical condition, but she wasn't a doctor. Which was, well, the primary cause of this particular clusterfuck. So she did it. She took her fucking spear, and she jammed it into the embolism, idly wondering why this felt stranger to her than fighting a demon made of sex toys turned into deadly weapons.

Alteration to 4.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 23, 2017, 03:51:25 am »

Noriko
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
[Now Playing: Big Blast Sonic]

There is a sound like a gunshot, a sonic boom as a jet of blood surges out of your incision and sprays all over the ceiling. Okay, that, really isn't too bad, the guy's got plenty of blood, and besides those stains while large were made by a pretty small amount of blood. Thing is, you'll probably find it quite hard to explain that to the nice men now outside the door. The four security guards brandishing batons and tasers, who are currently looking at a seemingly insane surgeon standing over a patient with blood all over the fucking ceiling, brandishing a spear.

Minion, Security B has been summoned!

Minion, Security C has been summoned!

Minion, Security D has been summoned!

Minion, Security E has been summoned!

It gets pretty damn noisy now. Not only are they shouting at you to lower your weapon, with a chittering hiss, a vaguely arachnid phantasm roughly the size of a basketball with body comprised of empty black triangles that seem to phase in and out of reality, skitters out into view. It's currently lunging at the patient's face.

"Damn it, not now... You're target's here, and it's hungry."

Target, Phase Stalker has been summoned!

This is gonna suck.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:54:20 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 24, 2017, 02:56:34 am »

Minato arrived in full regalia, in his armor with a very fancy motorcycle, and the sound of an outright fanfare, with Minato coming to a smooth, but practically instantaneous stop, and even pulling a little smooth food-catching move as he halted near Faith. It was an undeniably ostentatious entrance, and Minato had probably pulled out all of the stops on trying to impress her.

...Faith wasn't sure whether she should swoon or laugh, really. It was all too much, almost. Well, Faith did manage not only not to laugh, but to keep her face straight (a good thing - the American girl would feel positively awful if she hurt his feelings)... so she ended up just looking a little bit stunned more than anything else. Then he asked if he had kept her waiting.

"Oh, um, uh... not long, no. Uh... I've only been here for around... five or ten minutes, I think?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 24, 2017, 03:02:26 am »

Minato seems relieved as he strolls up to her.
"Oh, good. Traffic was pretty bad on the way up here and I didn't really want to keep you waiting. It'd be a bad impression, y'know? First date and all and I'm late for it? That'd be pretty embarrassing. Heh."
He rubs the back of his head a little bit, as if trying to collect his composure a little.
"So, shall we? Sit down and eat, I mean?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 24, 2017, 03:07:32 am »

"Heh... don't worry about being late, Minato." Oh, that was a little awkward! "And as for sitting down and eating... u-um, yeah, that sounds just fine to me!"
Ouch, a little bit over-eager of a response, there. Uh, well, OK, just had to keep going!
Faith patted the grass next to where she was sitting.
"It was really nice of you to point this place out and bring food and everything, Minato! What did you bring?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 24, 2017, 03:11:47 am »

Minato sets out the picnic mat he'd brought with him, setting it out on the ground just a little too strongly. He places the food he'd brought with him down, opening the bag he'd brought it in and his eyes flitting over the bento boxes.

He checked them by opening them ever so slightly. They were mostly intact despite his romp around town on a high-speed bike. He sighs in relief, before looking back to Faith.
"Oh, I just made some bento for us both. It's not much, but I did say I wanted a bit of the personal touch here, hm?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 28, 2017, 02:07:09 am »

Faith couldn't help but blush a little at Minato's oh-so-casual declaration that he had taken the time and put in the energy to actually handmake a meal for the two of them. Really, Faith found herself absolutely floored that a guy would care enough about her to actually do that, but she definitely wasn't planning on complaining about the little miracle. Don't look gift... handmade bento boxes... in the mouth... or something.
"Oh, wow! It really does mean a lot that you'd go out of your way to do this, you know."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 28, 2017, 01:32:26 pm »

"A man ought to treat his ladies with the utmost amount of care. That's what my mother told me, anyway."
Minato lets Faith pick a place to sit on the mat before sitting to face her.
"So, how's life?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1154 on: September 28, 2017, 01:57:43 pm »

If Noriko were a religious woman, she'd be wondering if this were some sort of divine prank like most of her life. As it stood, she still wasn't entirely convinced it wasn't as she summoned a second spear. She gripped the first one horizontally and flung it so it flew straight sideways toward the legs of the incoming security team, and manually drove the other through the air into the Mononoke's flight path, aiming to connect squarely in the center of the thing before it could reach the patient.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 285