Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75701 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead
« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2018, 08:47:02 pm »

Wait... We're suspicious for wanting to break the tie but you come in when there's no tie, broken by nqt and all but ensured by me, and you toss a vote in and that's okay?

Also pfp and about to fall into a food coma
The lynch is still suspicious but it's still better to switch the vote to avoid having a draw. Who knows, maybe some people unvote later or switch votes. It's mostly a safeguard to guarantee that we get a lynch today, if that's what you mean.

So am I suspicious for voting him? Is NQT as both of expressed a similar idea of preventing a tie?

FoU I'm voting for BHK.
It's almost as if you coordinated the lynch to happen before town could stop it.
How? By mentioning that the mod didn't record my vote?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead(but one to replace out)
« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2018, 08:47:57 pm »

GigaGiant has requested a replacement.

Yeah, sorry everyone, its been fun, but I completely underestimated how much time was involved in playing this game and I have other obligations I need to deal with. I just wanted to make it through Day 1 before I quit. Sorry again.  :(

I'll continue playing until my replacement is found, but I wanted to say the above in case I get replaced during Night 1.
Insert witty signature here

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2018, 08:49:05 pm »

Wait... We're suspicious for wanting to break the tie but you come in when there's no tie, broken by nqt and all but ensured by me, and you toss a vote in and that's okay?

The lynch is still suspicious but it's still better to switch the vote to avoid having a draw. Who knows, maybe some people unvote later or switch votes. It's mostly a safeguard to guarantee that we get a lynch today, if that's what you mean.

So am I suspicious for voting him? Is NQT as both of expressed a similar idea of preventing a tie?

FoU I'm voting for BHK.
It's almost as if you coordinated the lynch to happen before town could stop it.
How? By mentioning that the mod didn't record my vote?
Maybe a quickchat, or whatever scum teams still use.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2018, 08:54:20 pm »

You quoted me pointing out an error in the count when saying that and I'm a bit confused what that has to do with it. I'm well aware of how a scum team can coordinate, but of all the people voting for you, why are you singling me out as the coordinator?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2018, 09:00:56 pm »

You quoted me pointing out an error in the count when saying that and I'm a bit confused what that has to do with it. I'm well aware of how a scum team can coordinate, but of all the people voting for you, why are you singling me out as the coordinator?
I'm not. I just have the suspected coordinator already pointed out to someone capable of handling it via my post mortem messaging ability. I'm just intent on putting everyone on the bandwagon to the wall to the best of my ability.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2018, 09:04:11 pm »

FoU I'm voting for BHK.
D'oh.

And that looks like day end. Processing.

Votecount:
(0) *Maximum Spin:
(1) *notquitethere: juicebox
(0) *kingawsume:
(0) *Tiruin:
(0) *Silthuri:
(5) *BlackHeartKabal: Tawa, GigaGiant, notquitethere, randomgenericusername, Silthuri
(1) *randomgenericusername: Maximum Spin
(0) *GigaGiant:
(0) *Tawa:
(0) *juicebox:
(0) *Imic:

Not voting: kingawsume, Imic

(* denotes that the player has not yet used their personal 24 hour extension)

In the end, after much moving of votes, it was decided that BlackHeartKabal was evil and had to die. His name was placed into the L.Y.N.C.H, not once, but five times. When the day ended, it was his name on the line. The device fired a single bullet.

He died laughing. Quote: "It was all part of my plan, you see! All part of my plan! Bwa-ha... ha... ha... *bloody cough**last breath*

Truly, as the L.Y.N.C.H. revealed, he was a manipulator, a chess master. Had his plan come to fruition with his death?

BlackHeartKabal was A manipulator across time(town).
(1-Shot, Night): Dead man’s bomb [target]: When you die, your target immediately explodes(which kills them).
(Day): In the event of my untimely demise [target]: Compose a message. When you die, your target receives this message in private. You may use this action one extra time in the day in exchange for losing your vote for the day.
(Auto): Thanatos Gambit: You cannot reveal information gained via Investigation until after your death.
(Night): Investigation [target]: You learn two of the following, selected at random: Your target’s role name, one of their role abilities, one alignment that your target is not, their intended target or targets this night, how many people visited them this night, or how many ability shots they have remaining. If your target dies, you learn a random player(other than you) who did not kill them.

Perhaps, maybe, it did. But what could he have wrought in so short a time?

In any case, the second part of the L.Y.N.C.H's function activated with far more of a following. A massive 9 votes.

Tropecount:

(0) Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies:
(0) Affably Evil:
(1) Boring But Practical: Tawa
(1) Katanas Are Just Better: randomgenericusername
(0) Gosh Dang It To Heck:
(0) Worthless Yellow Rocks:
(0) Cincinnatus:
(0) Star-Crossed Lovers:
(0) Clock King:
(0) Time Master:
(0) Red Herring:
(9) Hilarity Ensues: notquitethere, BlackHeartKabal, Imic, Maximum Spin, kingawsume, juicebox, Silthuri, Tiruin, GigaGiant
(0) Jumping The Shark:

Not voting:

It was decided. Reality itself was shifted. Hilarity would ensue.

Null burst in through a dimensional window.

"Sorry I'm late. Just finished killing this chaos god, Xom... wait, you guys did the lynch without me?"

Awkwardness ensued. Nobody wanted to get stabbed by Null.

"Dammit. Ah well. I just wanted to say I brought presents! Completely unrelated to Xom's death! I assure you! Merry Christmas!"

"Christmas was weeks ago."

"... blasted temporal anomaly."

Trope: Hilarity Ensues: Each living player gains a handcrafted special Hilarity Ensues ability, distributed at random.

There were eleven presents sitting in a circle, touched with chaos magic. Null grabbed one for himself, leaving the rest for the players of the game.

Null looked in his present box and cackled. No player responded.

"Now that late Christmas is done, how about you all murder each other some more!

It is now Night 1. Send in your night actions or lack thereof. Night 1 will end 9:30 P.M. Central/Forum time on Monday, or when I have all actions. I repeat, GigaGiant is requesting a replacement.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:30:16 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2018, 09:12:58 pm »

I don't know if I can post because day ended but I never specified you. I was just commenting that the lynch looked fishy because of how fast it was.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2018, 09:32:21 pm »

Probably best to keep conversation to a minimum after day end. If day ends but I haven't arrived yet, keep going with your existing conversations but don't start any new ones. And if you're dead to the lynch, you're dead, no posting. If day ends and I'm processing, that's flat out no posting.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(10/11): Night 1: A Thanatos Gambit? (replacement needed)
« Reply #248 on: January 15, 2018, 09:36:17 pm »

Processing night actions. Expect results tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:57:39 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2018, 10:36:35 am »

"Well, that was... interesting. Does it count as dying if you come back to life right after?"

notquitethere and MoonyTheHuman were looking rather... pained. Like they had just shaken off death.

notquitethere has died. notquitethere has revived.

GigaGiant has died. GigaGiant has revived and was replaced by MoonyTheHuman.

"Oh well. That's how it's gonna be sometimes."

Votecount:
(0) *Maximum Spin:
(0) *notquitethere:
(0) *kingawsume:
(0) *Tiruin:
(0) *Silthuri:
(0) *randomgenericusername:
(0) *MoonyTheHuman:
(0) *Tawa:
(0) *juicebox:
(0) *Imic:

Not voting: Everybody

(* denotes that the player has not yet used their personal 24 hour extension)

Tropecount:

(0) Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies:
(0) Affably Evil:
(0) Boring But Practical:
(0) Katanas Are Just Better:
(0) Gosh Dang It To Heck:
(0) Worthless Yellow Rocks:
(0) Cincinnatus:
(0) Star-Crossed Lovers:
(0) Clock King:
(0) Time Master:
(0) Red Herring:
(0) Jumping The Shark:

Not voting: everybody

Trope in Effect: Hilarity Ensues: Each living player gains a handcrafted special Hilarity Ensues ability, distributed at random.

The day began, with the same number of players as yesterday... perhaps it would end with a different number of players, though. Perhaps.

Day 2 has begun, and will end 9:00 P.M. Central/Forum time Thursday. The day's communal extension has not yet been used.
Generic Arms Race.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2018, 10:38:08 am »

Well then. That was an interesting night.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(10/11): Day 2: Two Dead, Ten Living, One Replaced
« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2018, 11:10:18 am »

So two died, but also revived. I wonder if there is a player witha role that revives everyone that dies during the night?

Also I used my Hilarity Ensues ability on Tiruin.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2018, 11:15:51 am »

Anyone want to confess to murdering me last night? Given that there were two kills, my best guess is there's either an SK or a vigilante in our midst as well as a mafia team. Unless we're dealing with a cult and there are lots of kill roles to balance out. Given that Giga was replacing out and the slot might have laid empty, I'd assume the mafia wouldn't have killed him, so that was probably a vig kill with mafia killing me.

---

Kwestion for Tiwuin. I was entrusted some information about your role by BHK. Not going to reveal the name as it hints strongly at rolepowers, but it begins with the letter H (or, X, in a sense). Get it right?

---
Imic
Well then. That was an interesting night.
Anything to share with the rest of the class?

---

RGU
I used my Hilarity Ensues ability on Tiruin.
Why Tiruin? What did it do?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2018, 11:35:41 am »

I was roleblocked for the entire night by someone who put a bag over my head and stuffed me into a car.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2018, 11:57:42 am »

Why Tiruin? What did it do?
Hint: It's Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48