Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Viking: Sea Wolves-Chapter 1: Fur and Fang  (Read 25084 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viking: Sea Wolves-Chapter 1: Fur and Fang
« Reply #345 on: May 15, 2017, 01:19:29 pm »

Total: 7 (+4 from below=11)
And I'm thinking an additional 4 xp from the battles that you have fought in as well, so add 4 to the totals I gave you. Don't forget the XP you have not spent yet!

Here are current perks (cost 15) and the new specialties, which are more powerful, and cost 20 XP. You can also buy a die for 15 xp as well.

-(Fearsome, Determined, or Cunning) Commander: gives you bonus in command using your highest stat
-Pillager: gain 1.5X Goods from looting
-Healing arts
-Smithing
-Trained pet
-Berserker (if you make a desperate roll while fighting, +1 dice)
-Rune Priest
-Spirit speaker
-Blessing of the gods: Gain a special item, weapon, or blessing

Specialties (Can only pick one) 20 XP
   -Leader: Your actions inspire confidence and loyalty in your men. You gain +1 die when ordering your troops (Can’t also be fighting, though).
   -Champion: Your place is on the front lines. Your enemies tremble before you, and all wll fall beneath your blows. +1 when fighting on front lines in battle, or in duels
   -Marksman: Your arrow always finds its mark. Able to ignore adverse conditions, always great effect when shooting a bow or throwing a weapon
   -Channeler: You are able to channel the power of the gods through you and into the world. Requires a sacrifice, however.
   -Shield Master: You are a veteran with a shield, and know how to use it to its best effect. You are able to spend 1 fate to block a wound, either on you or an ally each turn.
   -Spirit Binder: You have bound a spirit to yourself, and can give it commands. Up to you what form the spirit takes.
   -(Cursed my only pick this) Destroyer: When you act, someone or something dies. Whenever you roll, if blood has not been shed, you go into a frenzy and attack an enemy, or if an enemy is not available the least liked person. Your effect in combat, however, is increased by two.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 15, 2017, 02:25:32 pm »

Hm. Juggernaut, Blessing, Champion, or a die in Resolve... Actually, can I get die in Resolve and Cunning anymore, or was the Dark Gift a one-time transfer (that is, my stats are 5/0/0, and I can up the other stats as normal and they'll become 5/1/0 for example)?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viking: Sea Wolves
« Reply #347 on: May 15, 2017, 03:34:22 pm »

I have 11 XP, 4 left over from last time and 7 from this time.
Clearly i must build my slay stack higher before i can call my self a Champion of Crom.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 15, 2017, 03:52:29 pm »

Nah, he gave us another 4 for fighting in battles so you have 15. Still need another 5 for Champion, but not that far away. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 15, 2017, 07:09:14 pm »

Hm. Juggernaut, Blessing, Champion, or a die in Resolve... Actually, can I get die in Resolve and Cunning anymore, or was the Dark Gift a one-time transfer (that is, my stats are 5/0/0, and I can up the other stats as normal and they'll become 5/1/0 for example)?

Hmm I thought about it, and I think that it would be fine for you to add die in either category, that shows that you are trying to temper your rage with resolve or cunning. But your ferocity is at max for the moment  :P

I have 11 XP, 4 left over from last time and 7 from this time.
Clearly i must build my slay stack higher before i can call my self a Champion of Crom.

Yep Sc is correct! Now you have to decide if Crom is more pleased with waiting, or wants you to take a perk now....  :P Also if you have any Crom related perk ideas, feel free to suggest them!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 15, 2017, 08:35:48 pm »

I'll wait and take a Speciality later.
How much cash do we have and want can we buy?
Where planing to build an outpost and go raiding right?

As for Crom related perks i still haven't thought of any, but i've rewached most of Conan the barbarian.
Well this wants me to take smiting.
What Crom wants is to see what kind of man his follower are.
He wants you to fight and struggle to prove your prowess.
So he's not a god that strikes down his followers foes with lighting because he wants you to over come them your self, But he'll lend you the tools to do it with.

As all must go before him sooner or later there no point in trying to plead or bater with him to change fate, instead you can only fight with a weapon in hand and hope that strength of your arm makes you different path.
Like wise he hate to see people abandoning there friends in battle.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 15, 2017, 10:11:53 pm »

And I'm thinking an additional 4 xp from the battles that you have fought in as well, so add 4 to the totals I gave you. Don't forget the XP you have not spent yet!
This applies to everyone NOT ME then :P because I don't see the +4 to everyone else before me in posts (ie Kol et al.)

Here are current perks (cost 15) and the new specialties, which are more powerful, and cost 20 XP. You can also buy a die for 15 xp as well.
Wooooow. So it's scaling up! D: I thought the base perks cost 10 xp! Oh dear ._.

@Mardent: You've got 11xp too, included with whatever your character still saved from here (People, check the past pages from there--mostly everyone still saved up stuff)

I had 5 exp plus this 11. So 16 exp :O

. . .That Marksman trait is so tempting, but I'd need 4 more xp! Or Blessing of the Gods for Armor (a weapon is tempting but survivability is more).
Or Spirit Speaker! Which I guess may be situational, or it'd open up a whole new way to act.
Err, what was our stat points for again and what do they affect? ._.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:19:17 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 16, 2017, 02:55:09 pm »

After having thought about it, I think I'm going to take Juggernaut. Berserkers were said to be immune to iron and fire, so I'd better have some form of damage resistance if I'm going to do it right (unless I can get a Blessing from Allfather for a similar effect :P ). I'll just have to cheese relying on ferocity until I can get my resolve back up later. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As a side note, I picture the minotaur axe being something like a bardiche.

How many dice you roll when you do an action. For example, if Jora took a Ferocious action, she would roll two dice and take the lower result, because her Ferocity is zero. If she took a Resolve action, she would roll two dice and keep the better result, because her Resolve is two. If she took a Cunning action, she would roll three dice and keep the best result, because her Cunning is three.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:44:29 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 16, 2017, 11:53:12 pm »

How many dice you roll when you do an action. For example, if Jora took a Ferocious action, she would roll two dice and take the lower result, because her Ferocity is zero. If she took a Resolve action, she would roll two dice and keep the better result, because her Resolve is two. If she took a Cunning action, she would roll three dice and keep the best result, because her Cunning is three.
((I will really be adopting this system of dice rolling because I sorely need GM advice and experience for the games I plan to run [/thanksanxiety] Thank you!))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 17, 2017, 12:01:36 am »

No problem Tir. Know what you're getting yet? If not maybe Spirit Talker so next time we run into a dark spirit you can communicate with it. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 17, 2017, 12:03:35 am »

No problem Tir. Know what you're getting yet? If not maybe Spirit Talker so next time we run into a dark spirit you can communicate with it. :P
Aye! :O In the least, the non-specialized sorts so I can have a handle on this new mechanic. :P
Here are current perks (cost 15) and the new specialties, which are more powerful, and cost 20 XP. You can also buy a die for 15 xp as well.[...]
-Spirit speaker[...]
   -Spirit Binder: You have bound a spirit to yourself, and can give it commands. Up to you what form the spirit takes.[...]
Can't spirit bind well if you can't speak with them.
In the least I can assume they can actually work separately but I'd like to RP this out from a low-fantasy take anyway, since we're religious folks overall.
JUST GAH THAT 1 XP.
>_>
<_<
I have 16 xp. (5 leftover + 11xp this chapter)

Foin, get spirit speaker.
Also goodness I should fix my nose D: Now I look like myself in meatspace! [Oh noooo, I just said something that everyone misses except for myself :V my nose is a bit tilted to the right V:]
Also I fixed my sheet with xp count and all!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:05:27 am by Tiruin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 17, 2017, 09:38:25 pm »

Hey guys! I have a big event coming up next week and a move after that. So, I will be looking to wrap up Chapter 1 of Viking: Sea Wolves in the next week, as it will be an uncertain hiatus and I have no idea what my free time will look like and I am not sure if I will be able to run the game. But I want to try to make it so if I can't make it back, it has at least an acceptable ending (like the end of a TV season).

However! I want to leave it up to you guys how we do this!
A. This is the idea I kind of like. Let's put the story on like 4x speed, so it'll be a bit more like a suggestion game, and then once we get to the climax we go back to the style of how we've been doing it.

B. Continue on, we'll just end it however far we get.

C. This is a pretty good stopping place, it can be resumed if you get back from here.

D. Someone else volunteers to take over the GM role. This would be totally fine with me!

I'm leaning towards A, then C. I don't like the idea of B because I don't want to leave the story hanging. If someone wanted to volunteer for D, I would prefer that above all I think, and they could pick up right away or we could do any of the above options!

Anyways, no matter what we decide to do, thanks for playing! I had a ton of fun running my first forum game with all of you, and once life settles down again I'll be back to run either this or other ideas I've got knocking around!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 17, 2017, 09:47:06 pm »

I am completely against D. It is never good for a game when there's more than 1 GM. That said, I'm most for C. When this resumes, we can just be back in Freysakr and getting ready for the next raid/mission or whatever after we've done all our healing up and training and so forth.

(It may be worth thinking of the game more as one of those old serials like Fantomas instead of a TV show?)

Regardless, good luck with the event and hopefully your move is relatively quick and painless with as few lost items as possible.  :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 17, 2017, 09:49:05 pm »

Option C because, as SC has said, we can just be back in town when you get back.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 17, 2017, 11:49:04 pm »

SC explains D best, (also that if its a different GM, the quality is also different--it's not against a different GM, but it's like the directions being changed); I'm going for C, as this is already a good quality "tv show" ending wherein we return home. :P

It's like an interlude when we report back, time passes as we nurse back our health, the Jarl/Thane plans out with our help what to do, etc. Because this extra information is very important to note--as this was our northernmost outpost.

Also cheers with what you do! c: I've heard a lot that moving and otherwise is a stressful thing due to tracking the everything you own, and other things, so no pressure and well wishes to you!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25