_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1485 1486 [1487] 1488 1489 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5767710 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22290 on: December 29, 2013, 12:12:43 am »

((TCM, try with a restriction: No plasma-based weapons. That is to say, do not even research the plasma pistol, light plasma rifle, plasma rifle, heavy plasma, plasma sniper rifle, or plasma cannon. Any technology that requires one of them as a prerequisite is obviously not going to happen, either [that means alloy cannons. Also, why in the world would alloy cannons require {heavy} plasma rifle research? They're completely different things]. Blaster launchers and alien grenades are at your discretion, I prefer to allow them [the blaster launcher appears to be fusion-based, even with the plasma style scheme, the alien grenade I'm not sure about {then again, I don't use grenades very often}].))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22291 on: December 29, 2013, 12:24:58 am »

((TCM, try with a restriction: No plasma-based weapons. That is to say, do not even research the plasma pistol, light plasma rifle, plasma rifle, heavy plasma, plasma sniper rifle, or plasma cannon. Any technology that requires one of them as a prerequisite is obviously not going to happen, either [that means alloy cannons. Also, why in the world would alloy cannons require {heavy} plasma rifle research? They're completely different things]. Blaster launchers and alien grenades are at your discretion, I prefer to allow them [the blaster launcher appears to be fusion-based, even with the plasma style scheme, the alien grenade I'm not sure about {then again, I don't use grenades very often}].))

((Why? Normal is hard enough on its own. You see, the way I play video games is the only real Challenge I give to myself. If we take X-COM, for example, I'll force myself to do cool shit even if it's detrimental, just because it's cool. I'll make my MEC Punch something even if it isn't practical, but just because it's a Giant Robot Punch. I'll run straight up into enemy lines just to shoot them point blank. I do this for all games. In FPS's, I'll use melee as much as possible. In RPGs, I'll use those costly giant magic moves instead of utilizing more practical mana applications. I just roll like that.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22292 on: December 29, 2013, 12:26:26 am »

((Like me in Dragon Age Origins. Storm of the Century all the way even if it kills my entire party with it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22293 on: December 29, 2013, 12:48:07 am »

((Why? Normal is hard enough on its own. You see, the way I play video games is the only real Challenge I give to myself. If we take X-COM, for example, I'll force myself to do cool shit even if it's detrimental, just because it's cool. I'll make my MEC Punch something even if it isn't practical, but just because it's a Giant Robot Punch. I'll run straight up into enemy lines just to shoot them point blank. I do this for all games. In FPS's, I'll use melee as much as possible. In RPGs, I'll use those costly giant magic moves instead of utilizing more practical mana applications. I just roll like that.))

((Admitted, your style probably makes things a lot harder. My second game (on normal, a new one after the fiasco with the first Slingshot mission on Classic), I played with that restriction. The only enemies that gave me trouble were ones that managed to mind control one of my men (I also played it such that I would never fire on one of my own, mind control or not). That happened... once, during a downed ship mission, and extended it by maybe 5 turns, likely less (it was a while ago).

Though it might just be that snipers are completely broken, I had blaster launchers within the first few months, and my squad generally had 2 snipers and 2 heavies (one of them, the stat-boosted Zhang) at all times.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22294 on: December 29, 2013, 09:45:56 am »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22295 on: December 29, 2013, 09:50:18 am »

Is the AM still technically human?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22296 on: December 29, 2013, 10:19:30 am »

Up to interpretation. Have you ever heard of the Ship of Theseus? Same problem. Though, to be honest, most of it burned off soon afterwards.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22297 on: December 29, 2013, 10:45:55 am »

Spoiler: X-COM Stuff (click to show/hide)

((Like me in Dragon Age Origins. Storm of the Century all the way even if it kills my entire party with it.
((You must be almost as popular as Lina Inverse!))

Nice question.

Up to interpretation. Have you ever heard of the Ship of Theseus? Same problem. Though, to be honest, most of it burned off soon afterwards.
Annoying answer. Although...what makes something "technically" human? DNA? Thoughts? Organs?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22298 on: December 29, 2013, 11:27:15 am »

Spoiler: X-COM (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22299 on: December 29, 2013, 01:09:40 pm »

Annoying answer. Although...what makes something "technically" human? DNA? Thoughts? Organs?
That was my thought. Though, by those criteria:

No, Hard to say, No.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22300 on: December 29, 2013, 01:17:04 pm »

((Objectively, how much time has passed since the first mission?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22301 on: December 29, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »

(( Hmm... I see, PW. Interesting. And since now is apparently the last day of paranoia, I'll repeat my question: Would you like us to repost for monday? ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22302 on: December 29, 2013, 02:36:44 pm »

No, Hard to say, No.
...Okay, that was quite possibly the most disturbing response you could have given.

((Objectively, how much time has passed since the first mission?))
Um...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22303 on: December 29, 2013, 02:39:56 pm »

No, Hard to say, No.
...Okay, that was quite possibly the most disturbing response you could have given.

(( Makes perfect sense to me, though I may think about these things too much :P ))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22304 on: December 29, 2013, 02:56:35 pm »

((Dammit. Misread that. Whoops.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 1485 1486 [1487] 1488 1489 ... 2101