Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Shattered Hope IC: Chapter Two: Allies and Enemies  (Read 51300 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
nothing here yet!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:41:05 pm by Swordstar »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Prologue: Fires on the Horizon

Veros, the shining center of Tydar, has recently been hit with tragedy. The king has died and left his only daughter an orphan, after the unfortunate death of her mother two years previous. The princess has recently reached her eighteenth year, but has been given an advisor who will stay with her until her 21st birthday. As rumors of bandits and monsters in other countries reach Elvira's ear, she refuses to let the same tragedies happen to her country. Even though her advisor cautions against it, she has multiple times before led raids against possible bandit attacks. She has yet to encounter any, but has received intel that bandits are planning on hitting a village a few hours ride away from Llumos. Outraged that they would dare strike so deep into the heart of her country, she is all set to head out again.

"My lady, I cannot condone this. You will be putting yourself in danger. You know that we have guards that can check this out. Every other time you've gone searching for bandits attacking, you've found nothing. What makes you think that this time will be any different?"

"And you know that I can't sit by and let my subjects potentially face a bandit attack on their own. You don't need me here, and I'll be taking people with me. You know I need to do this. Just because every time in the past has been just rumor does not mean that it will be the same this time. I'm going."

"... Fine. But I will be hand selecting the group that goes with you. No arguing about it either. Lets see. You'll be taking Runa for a healer, Noel for magic back up... Jake and Violet for their... skills and let say.... Garran for the soldier of the group. I'm assuming you have no objections to that?

With a slight nod, Elivra sighed,

"Very well. But they had better be ready soon. I'm not going to wait very long."

Garran, Violet, Jake, Noel, and Runa are all able to post
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:40:04 am by Swordstar »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Upon receiving the summons to the young Queen to come assist her against bandits and the very like, Runa gathered her meager belongings that the Nuns and Priests provide to all who were leaving. They wished her luck and to stay strong as she came to the young queens presence.

"My queen, it is a great pleasure to assist you." She gives a low curtsy.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Violet sat in the hallway outside where Elivra and her adviser were talking, her eyes closed in thought. It wouldn't have made any difference if her eyes were open, of course.

: If someone had told me before running away that I'd end up here, I probably would have laughed at the idea. I suppose things never turn out the way you expect. She followed the priestess inside.

: "You called for me, ma'am?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It seems that you and the others coming in are to be my handlers as we go check out Irn for possible bandit attacks. It might be nothing, as past rumors have been, but it might be something. So you should be ready for a fight. Of course, none of you are required to come, so if you wish to stay here... I'm sure Advisor Hastings would welcome your company."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(ninja'd, don't care, posting it as if before Swordstar's post and will edit in a bit after she confirms Noel's suspicions. :P)

Noel followed Violet into the room, already ready to travel with his tome and a pouch of healing powder in a satchel hanging from his belt.

"Given we were told to arm ourselves I assume we're off to stop another bandit raid."

He was getting tired of being drug along on Elvira's wild goose chases, but at the same time it got him out of this oppressive castle and away from his menial duties, which he detested even more than the inevitably pointless outings. Still, it didn't do for a nobleman to complain. A few seconds after he said so, Elvira did indeed confirm they would be off to Irn for a possible bandit attack.

"As you command, your majesty. I will come with you."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:01:22 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I will assist in anyway I can my queen. You will be in little danger of injury."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

: "No, no. I'd be happy to come along."
: I've had enough sitting around at home...
: "Is it just the four people here?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Possible. Speaking of, I don't believe you and I have been introduced. My name is Noel Schoech."

He held his hand out to shake Violet's, completely oblivious to the fact that she was blind.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

: "Pleased to meet you, Noel. My name is Violet; I'm very new here, so that's probably why we haven't been introduced before."

She held out her own hand, not knowing that Noel had his out already. She merely hoped that he would initiate the shake.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Noel looked at her hand after it missed his for a moment, then back to her eyes. He shook her hand while holding his other one up and wiggling it in the distance between them to see if she would notice.

"Indeed? I've been here for less than a year myself. I'm a mage by training but I've mostly been..."

Noel sighed. There wasn't much of a good way to put it.

"...cleaning up around the place. Keeping the library in order, dusting, sweeping, that sort of thing."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Violet nodded along politely. There was something off about his voice, like a hand or some other object was blocking the sound slightly.

: "Well, I'm positive that keeping the place in order is an important job. I'm sure it's not as fun as throwing fireballs around though."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Noel returned his hands to his sides.

"I'm sure throwing fireballs around is fun, though that's not what I do. But that's neither here nor there. I meant to ask you why you would be brought along as well - are you a soldier, a swordsman, perhaps a mounted warrior?"

There was no question the woman was blind. So, logically, she had to be a good fighter regardless of her disability. He doubted Elvira would risk a favorite servant on this venture since she seemed to assume they actually would find something to fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Violet couldn't help but look slightly flustered.

: "I...am somewhat skilled with a sword, yes. Though how the recruiter could tell I have no idea; I haven't actually been in a fight before."

What she didn't tell him was that she had signed up purely by accident: a man had set up a booth with a sign advertising for mercenaries to serve the Princess, which drew quite a crowd. Violet, wanting to know what was going on and not being able to read the sign, had worked her way to the front of the crowd and the recruiter had assumed she was just very eager to join.

: "And no, I don't fight from horseback or anything like that. What about you?"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:21:30 am by Sirus »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Indeed?"

"I've been assigned to these bandit chases before but I've yet to be in a fight. Let's hope this is case once more, shall we?"

"As for horses... I can ride, if need be. I just prefer not to. It's quite difficult to work incantations with a skittish animal under you. ...Again, not that I've needed to be casting in the middle of combat, but I certainly wouldn't like to try while mounted. I understand some magicians can do it, but it's not for me."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:30:18 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 77