Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7235 7236 [7237] 7238 7239 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8755833 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108540 on: October 26, 2016, 12:07:41 am »

@Caroline yeah that's definitely criminal parental abuse.  Really hope you find a way to get away from them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108541 on: October 26, 2016, 12:38:25 am »

I've hit that stage of adulthood that I've often criticized other people for for much of my life until now.

I rarely have any desire to do anything that requires effort when I have time to do things.

And it really fucking bothers me.  It's one more fade in the hope that I'll ever claw my way out of the life I've found myself in.  A compounding effect.

Hey, don't beat yourself up. That's of no use to you.

Sometimes our attention gets split: our energy gets sapped by the situation we find ourselves in, and the work we take on. We only have so much willpower and energy in our tanks. It's a precious resource, and a lot of people want it from us. Keep it safe, and be sure it's ultimately going toward the things you find worthwhile.

If you're running out of reserves, there's ways to be smarter about that energy that might be worth trying out. Maybe that means a new job, or setting boundaries with people you care about, or seeking ways to change your responsibilities. Or other things only you can know, since you're better acquainted with yourself than me, or anyone else.

It's silly to write yourself off like that, too. Not knowing how to change your situation, or being afraid to do things you need to do... these aren't the same thing as having no way to do that. Whether it's ideal or it's the right thing to do, there are always ways forward. We just need to realize what they are, and pick the one that we like best.

You'll find a way. Just keep it up.

Not beating myself up, so much as just upset at the situation in general.

Not really any way to free myself up any more, either. 

No way I'll find another job any time soon making what I do now, for various reasons.  I really lucked out on a very specific set of circumstances to land the position and pay that I did.  But it's an extremely demanding position, and the pay was enough to save us but not to free us.  Maybe in a year or two.

Can't set any further personal boundaries, because I already feel like I neglect my family and I rarely see any friends.

Just waiting to build up experience where I am enough to take me somewhere else, without taking a serious paycut.  Though the industry I'm working in is fucking miserable pretty much everywhere (freight forwarding/logistics).  Or see if my wife manages to make something significant of it when she gets a job.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108542 on: October 26, 2016, 12:57:32 am »

i feel awful and worthless again and my crush told me that she still just sees me as a friend

everything is shit and i dont know how im getting through the next three days without breaking down

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108543 on: October 26, 2016, 07:16:22 am »

I'm done. I've been here for so long but nobody here actually respects me, anyways. The people who do are mostly no longer part of the forum. I don't need to be on Bay12 anymore, and I can't deal with the apathy and lack of fucks here anymore. I'm gone. In a week if I don't change my mind I'll ask Toady to ban me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108544 on: October 26, 2016, 07:23:12 am »

Cinder, I'm not sure why you feel that way, and I hope it passes.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #108545 on: October 26, 2016, 07:24:50 am »

I'm done. I've been here for so long but nobody here actually respects me, anyways. The people who do are mostly no longer part of the forum. I don't need to be on Bay12 anymore, and I can't deal with the apathy and lack of fucks here anymore. I'm gone. In a week if I don't change my mind I'll ask Toady to ban me.
What a dick, I like reading your posts.
Youre Thai.
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108546 on: October 26, 2016, 07:25:10 am »

You could spend the time focusing on yourself and your perception, honestly. :-\ The whole post there is unreasonable in that its non-existent with pretty much everyone's perception of you. :(

Because "Nobody" masses "everyone actually present" together under that one feeling you got and attributed to the vague shadow that appears like 'Everybody'. A tip to seeing these things is putting someone who cares about you in replacement of 'nobody'.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #108547 on: October 26, 2016, 07:30:02 am »

You could spend the time focusing on yourself and your perception, honestly. :-\ The whole post there is unreasonable in that its non-existent with pretty much everyone's perception of you. :(

Because "Nobody" masses "everyone actually present" together under that one feeling you got and attributed to the vague shadow that appears like 'Everybody'. A tip to seeing these things is putting someone who cares about you in replacement of 'nobody'.
You need to write a book, all your words are very powerful.
I bet your power level is over ninethousand.. hehe
Seriously, I see potential for a great murder mystery
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108548 on: October 26, 2016, 07:34:34 am »

[...]
You need to write a book, all your words are very powerful.
I bet your power level is over ninethousand.. hehe
Seriously, I see potential for a great murder mystery
Eeee not really ._. (or at least, not in the current year); I'm extremely tired due to thesis'ing, and I just noticed that my first sentence could be taken the wrong way due to tone being absent over the internets :O (It was meant to say 'take time off to evaluate the decision you're having. It feels intense, but that doesn't mean it must be made into a conclusion; rethink about it/ask others/get feedback, etc.)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108549 on: October 26, 2016, 07:35:56 am »

i hope cinder feels better about things soon because she deserves to feel better
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108550 on: October 26, 2016, 07:54:02 am »

Cinder, I'm not sure why you feel that way, and I hope it passes.
i hope cinder feels better about things soon because she deserves to feel better
Cinder, please don't leave :(
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108551 on: October 26, 2016, 07:58:51 am »

Asking for a ban is truly the best way to be remembered on a forum site. I guess you will at least end in the Moderation Log maybe.

I mean, don't take me wrong, but getting upset over the fact that people don't care about you on internet forum seems childlish. And the lack of respect kind of comes from the whole lack of physical contact on internet.
Also, I remember your username but can't actually remember what have you done. Is there anything that would make you popular and respected? Except sheep avatar or images I think I remember that.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108552 on: October 26, 2016, 08:01:38 am »

Asking for a ban is truly the best way to be remembered on a forum site. I guess you will at least end in the Moderation Log maybe.
* Tiruin bops Kot on the nose :P
Sometimes people say things when they're under a certain mood that they literally, seriously, don't really mean. It's more like expressing the intensity of the feeling one personally has, translated into words, directed at a vague presence (which usually comes out in the words of everybody/nobody, etc). This displaces the idea of her attitude being childish as it's more to the context rather than the literalness of her words. :P

Anyway it's settled now (or at least I think it is, given the awesomeness of IRC and discord, and friends \o/)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108553 on: October 26, 2016, 08:12:18 am »

* Tiruin bops Kot on the nose :P
Sometimes people say things when they're under a certain mood that they literally, seriously, don't really mean. It's more like expressing the intensity of the feeling one personally has, translated into words, directed at a vague presence (which usually comes out in the words of everybody/nobody, etc). This displaces the idea of her attitude being childish as it's more to the context rather than the literalness of her words. :P

Anyway it's settled now (or at least I think it is, given the awesomeness of IRC and discord, and friends \o/)
I probably tried to handle it in a stupid way... I hate that I can't console people for shit.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108554 on: October 26, 2016, 08:13:53 am »

Dark Eldar usually fail at that pretty heavily. I would say, critically.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7235 7236 [7237] 7238 7239 ... 8156