Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1000110 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #5325 on: June 26, 2013, 09:30:49 am »

not when doctors advise perfectly healthy people to lose weight and become less healthy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: June 26, 2013, 09:46:19 am »

not when doctors advise perfectly healthy people to lose weight and become less healthy.
If that's a thing then it's a bad thing, but I've never really heard of doctors advising not-overweight people to lose weight.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: June 27, 2013, 07:59:52 am »

Oh, trust me, it can get a lot worse on tumblr. Just wait until you see the "cultural appropriation" folk who essentially argue for racial, religious, and cultural segregation.
Not to mention the people who believe that scientists make up all that stuff about too much food making you fat because they hate fat people, or that guy we talked about a bit back who thought his parents were "blackmailing" him into taking his meds and getting a job by telling him they wouldn't support him if he didn't. He also mentioned that they should support him because he was a turtle and a five-year-old kid in past lives.
You mean, this amazing Example of why not to do meth while pregnant?

Similarly, I read the first six paragraphs of this, but do they ever get to the point? Or do they just keep rambling on about how we're wrong and don't know the truth? Is the truth ever said in that wall of useless text?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:02:50 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: June 27, 2013, 09:50:32 am »

Oh, trust me, it can get a lot worse on tumblr. Just wait until you see the "cultural appropriation" folk who essentially argue for racial, religious, and cultural segregation.
Not to mention the people who believe that scientists make up all that stuff about too much food making you fat because they hate fat people, or that guy we talked about a bit back who thought his parents were "blackmailing" him into taking his meds and getting a job by telling him they wouldn't support him if he didn't. He also mentioned that they should support him because he was a turtle and a five-year-old kid in past lives.

Similarly, I read the first six paragraphs of this, but do they ever get to the point? Or do they just keep rambling on about how we're wrong and don't know the truth? Is the truth ever said in that wall of useless text?

Judging by the name "Jenn" I think it's a "she", tahujdt. And that the number of males on Tumblr is probably pretty low anyway.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: June 27, 2013, 10:02:16 am »

yes. the truth is evil reptilian aliens have ruled mankind since ancient history and continue to do so

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: June 27, 2013, 10:04:43 am »

yes. the truth is evil reptilian aliens have ruled mankind since ancient history and continue to do so
Really? I thought the crab people ruled us...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: June 27, 2013, 10:11:23 am »

no, those only pseudo-rule us, because in reality they are being controlled by the reptilians

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5332 on: June 27, 2013, 10:12:53 am »

Look at all those labels. S: Cisgendered? Demiplatonic? Aromantic? Panwhut? >_>
The 'about' is 75% labels...

Also, the phrase 'check your privilege' says nothing and a lot o things at once. S: It apparently originated from a nice intellectual essay some years ago, but eh.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: June 27, 2013, 10:17:17 am »

Tumblr Social Justice Warriors are all about unnecessary and/or absurd labels.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: June 27, 2013, 10:19:21 am »

no, those only pseudo-rule us, because in reality they are being controlled by the reptilians
I thought the reptilians were a subdivision of the mole people, being controlled by the crab people... I just can't follow the secret politics anymore man, it's too complicated.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: June 27, 2013, 10:22:19 am »

I love how some of the pictures under the "proof" section have a the History Channel logo...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: June 27, 2013, 10:24:41 am »

I think I'm starting to like this Loud Whispers guy...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: June 27, 2013, 10:28:45 am »

LW is a fixture of the community, Tylui. You damn well better like him. :V

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: June 27, 2013, 10:29:44 am »

Damn fucking straight. He's one of the few Bay12ers you are meant to be able to identify on sight!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: June 27, 2013, 10:32:32 am »

LW is a fixture of the community, Tylui. You damn well better like him. :V
A "fixture of the community" doesn't have to be likable. :I
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 510