Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should be the next primary goal?

Combat drugs, chemistry, venoms and antidotes
Domestic robots (healers, cleaners, cyberdogs, robobrain)
Overhaul of good areas (terraformed)
New semimegabeast and megabeast types
Secrets and mutations (vampires, pyromancy, telekinesis etc)
More minor races (slavers, treeminders, evil ghouls)
More industry (concrete factory, cryogenics, trading post)
Advanced adventure mode crafting
Post-war geology (concrete, debris, radioactive waste, stashes)
Dfhack (poisoned weapons, companion order, other plugins)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56

Author Topic: [0.34.x] FALLOUT MOD || Post-apocalypse || A nuclear adventure!  (Read 127212 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ FALLOUT ☢ [1.2] - new poll to influence development
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2013, 06:07:17 pm »

Question: It seems that xenomorph mouths rot as soon as they spawn or something. Are they not immune to there own excreations or something?

Also, it's funny to see them get harmed by there own spilt blood.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2013, 06:41:57 pm »

Will the concrete factory only produce one type of cement brick (standard grey), or will it make various colors based on what materials are put in?

For example, red stone or sand provides red concrete, yellow = yellow; basically it works like how some buildings get different colors if you mix materials of different colors (Trade depot and the old shops worked like that; or something; yellow and red materials (and or brick of either color mixed produce brown)). Then again, that could lead to having technicolor fortresses.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2013, 06:43:05 pm »

Will the concrete factory only produce one type of cement brick (standard grey), or will it make various colors based on what materials are put in?

For example, red stone or sand provides red concrete, yellow = yellow; basically it works like how some buildings get different colors if you mix materials of different colors (Trade depot and the old shops worked like that; or something). Then again, that could lead to having technicolor fortresses.

That would require a lot of material reaction products!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2013, 06:44:03 pm »

For example, red stone or sand provides red concrete, yellow = yellow; basically it works like how some buildings get different colors if you mix materials of different colors (Trade depot and the old shops worked like that; or something). Then again, that could lead to having technicolor fortresses.
That would require a lot of material reaction products!
I just realized how tedious that could become once I hit the post button.

LB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2013, 08:35:43 pm »

I've not seen this mentioned by anyone else, so not sure if this was just a problem I was having. Anyway, there seemed to be a problem with the "cremate bodyparts" reaction at the Scrapyard and Kiln not doing anything, despite plenty of available material.

Adding [REACTION_CLASS:CREMATION] above every instance of [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CREMATION_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FAT] in the material_template_default.txt (e.g. for sinew/cartilage etc) seemed to fix this. I made the adjustment in the save folder's raws and it started working immediately upon reloading.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2013, 08:39:49 pm »

I don't play adventurer much in this game, so I would tend to support a non-intensive "perks" system.

I guess you could make them "secrets"... since generally perks represent things you might learn... but I'm not going to make much use of the myself.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 09:49:07 am »

I've not seen this mentioned by anyone else, so not sure if this was just a problem I was having. Anyway, there seemed to be a problem with the "cremate bodyparts" reaction at the Scrapyard and Kiln not doing anything, despite plenty of available material.

Adding [REACTION_CLASS:CREMATION] above every instance of [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CREMATION_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FAT] in the material_template_default.txt (e.g. for sinew/cartilage etc) seemed to fix this. I made the adjustment in the save folder's raws and it started working immediately upon reloading.
That's weird...I could have sworn it worked before...maybe Deon accidentally dropped back to an old file on accident.  That can happen when you have so many different things in front of you.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 02:02:48 pm »

Yeah, it's my fault, I was reworking some materials and forgot about that line, I will fix it easily.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 09:24:08 pm »

I like how the mods looking Deon and congratulations are due your way.

One question/bug/thing I have is about the "radioactivity". I started a Vault Dweller Outsider in Adventurer Mode and spawned inside a radioactive ruin/city area. As I started exploring - minimising to put Firelake Dirge for the Planet on - I found some gear. Being a hardcore gamer, and upon seeing a shiny suit of combat armour, I instantly snatched it and put it on. Now, a few turns after that I began to blister uncontrollably (interesting enough starting with my...manly parts first) and fall unconscious due to pain. When I managed to go into travel mode and walk a few spaces away, I was fine. I then headed towards the mayor's office but found that my eyes would continuously blister and send me into unconsciousness, even when I removed the helmet I was wearing (thinking it might have been "radiation" on the actual item). It was raining radioactive liquid, but my previous wastelander could wander around in that with no ill effects.
Also, I believe Power Armour - in particular advanced power armour - should perhaps protect more. My wastelander managed to find a full suit, but five minutes later had his windpipe crushed by the Super Mutant I was stalking.

And from an earlier post by you...MTG AND tequila? Damn Deon, you sure know how to party!
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2013, 05:21:06 am »

That all was due to the radioactive rain which is rare but painful. You probably got a radiation/poison immune caste before, note that there are many different castes of vault dwellers with different abilities, basically different types and/or mutations.

APA is a powerful armor, it can protect from bullets and cuts just fine. However bashing attacks depend on the size of the creature drastically, and since some supermutants can be really big it's not a surprise that they killed you through your armor, they basically crushed you. It all depends on the combat system of DF.

Also note that only fortress mode-created power armor is really strong because it uses special material for its structure. Adventure mode can sometimes create "copper power armor" and stuff like that, it's rare but happens in Brotherhood of steel caves. Just pretend that you found a replica :).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:22:52 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2013, 03:59:02 pm »

Vermin hunters seem to be ignoring rats/roaches again.  I Haven't gone through and checked the raws though, so can't pinpoint it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2013, 12:03:38 am »

Okay, it must have been that old problem with vermin I had, I will fix it for the next release. Thanks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ FALLOUT ☢ [1.3] - new poll to influence development
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2013, 02:20:38 pm »

I had work these 2 nights, and I have work tonight too, so see you later with the new content.
Meanwhile here's an update with some fixes.

Fallout mod 1.3

- Xenomorphs are resistant to their own drool and blood.
- Iguanas hunt vermin properly.
- Iguanas are at peace with wildlife now.
- Fat has no pain receptors and does not bleed.
- Bodypart cremation reaction is fixed.
- Nails, hooves, horns and the like regenerate slowly.
- Heart bleeds a bit less but takes much longer to heal. Men with low stats die the same way but men with superhuman recuperation have better odds of survival.
- Internal organs take longer to heal.
- Chitin takes less to heal.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2013, 04:34:41 pm »

Also note that only fortress mode-created power armor is really strong because it uses special material for its structure. Adventure mode can sometimes create "copper power armor" and stuff like that, it's rare but happens in Brotherhood of steel caves. Just pretend that you found a replica :).

Nice to see that the radioactive effects work. I can admit that when I picked up the APA it was made of cobalt - which following you're directions and generating the "Real World" adv. world, seems to be - or rather "was" - the most abundant resource for weapons manufacture.
Also, since I was just thinking of it, have you thought of adding more "canon" factions as races? I was thinking along the lines of the Brotherhood and the Followers - if they're not already included.
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ FALLOUT ☢ [1.3] - new poll to influence development
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2013, 04:38:11 pm »

Brotherhood is rare but it is there, you just need to do a lot to attract their attention. I am adding treeminders and reavers (evil ghouls) with the next content update.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56