Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 237097 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #930 on: October 08, 2016, 04:14:11 am »

The main problem with my build is that I run out of ammo. A lot. Very quickly.
I run Rhino + Grakata + twin vipers (working on replacing with twin Grakata) + Gelatine.
What's better than one grakata? TWOO GRAKATA. I will one-up the mighty Clem and have TREE GRAKATA

Am going to need (and I mean NEED) primed pistol mutation. And something to grab as much ammo as possible. Already my Grakata main is forma'd twice, tato'd once and has max firerate mod. It burns through a whole clip very quickly.
Twin vipers haven't been modded that much. I do, after all, intend to replace them with the holy twin grakata. Nonetheless, they burn through the ammo veeery quickly. brrrt.
The main grakata has got rifle ammo mutation on it, so it gradually replenishes it's ammo as I run around.
Doesn't the Carrier mutate ammo now? My friends were talking about this freeing up space previously used by Rifle Mutation in their builds.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 08, 2016, 09:29:21 am »

It does. Carrier is now a Universal Ammo Pack (plus sentinel vacuum)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 16, 2016, 10:29:44 am »

Huh. Silly me. Just occurred to me that my NAT issues might have been because of my network hardware - for a couple different reasons I was playing through a router hooked into the modem. Got that compressed down to a single combination-piece when my connection was upgraded. Just redownloaded and I can connect perfectly well now.

Shame the game looks even more dead, though, apart from alerts and whatever the current meta farm missions might be. At least Soma Prime, Synoid Gammacor, and Dual Ichor are both individually OP and good coverage of damage types if you mod them all properly, so solo runs should be dead simple if I really have to. Also I apparently got Loki Prime together some time before I quit, but I still need to level it. (And Mag Prime, but from what I hear it's at the bottom of the trash bin these days).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 16, 2016, 12:05:19 pm »

(And Mag Prime, but from what I hear it's at the bottom of the trash bin these days).
No that would still be normal mag. Mag P gets all the neat magnetize videos that may or may not be practical.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 16, 2016, 04:17:58 pm »

Man i have somehow acquired a Nezha but I have absolutely no idea of how to play him. Any tips?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 16, 2016, 05:02:29 pm »

Man i have somehow acquired a Nezha but I have absolutely no idea of how to play him. Any tips?
I mostly see nezha go fast and forget friction is a thing. Or they use that bubble thing and spear thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 16, 2016, 05:17:38 pm »

Quote from: miauw62 link=topic=112182.msg72c19663#msg7219663 date=1476652678

Rhino took cocaine and needs to go fast

Nehza's warding halo works just like Iron Skin and the burning spears work mostly like a worse Stomp.  Firewalk is basically a boost to run even faster that might hurt something at some point.  The chakram marks enemies so when they die they fart healing energy.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 16, 2016, 09:06:24 pm »

Shame the game looks even more dead, though, apart from alerts and whatever the current meta farm missions might be.

Yeah, if you're just picking random planets, many of them have very low activity. However, alerts, syndicates, relics, raids, keys, sorties, and any events, all typically fill within seconds, even at odd hours in the middle of the night or early morning. The game is not dead, it just has a lot of maps that are significantly less rewarding than a lot of other maps.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 16, 2016, 09:16:17 pm »

Nah, just needed to go back and do all the unlocking-quest crap and net-crawl a bit since it looks like a lot of the farm nodes have moved. Too lazy to bother looking for taxis any more.

The new void content... on the one hand, quick and easy is nice, no chance of wasting 40m because someone fucked up. On the other hand, I actually liked the gameplay aspect of high-level tower play. Took a lot more effort than speeding through the new stuff to last through the non-extermination ones long enough to get good shots at quality rewards. I guess the artifact thingies do drop a hell of a lot more than keys ever did, but my hindbrain is still annoyed by the fact that you can drop four of them per mission (rather than one person putting up a key) and still get nothing but trash.

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 18, 2016, 05:33:31 pm »

Corrosive Projection alert up on Uranus right now.

e: Looooool. Just got my first Stalker pop on a random alert mission. He dropped the Dread BP. So much for needing to get into an organized farming party with 4x death mark. :V
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:07:22 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 20, 2016, 08:33:05 am »

e: Looooool. Just got my first Stalker pop on a random alert mission. He dropped the Dread BP. So much for needing to get into an organized farming party with 4x death mark. :V
One of the recent patches fixed g3, zanuka, and stalker spawning, and/or just upped their rate. Syndicate hit squads are still fairly rare, but those aren't that important.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 20, 2016, 01:47:29 pm »

I was wondering about that. I tried farming him with a four-man back in the day for a while but never got a spawn.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 20, 2016, 04:22:01 pm »

I've had the Stalker pop up a couple times, despite the fact that I have hardly farmed any bosses... Lech Krill for Frost and PHORID for Fieldrons, yet I've seen him twice.

The first time he wrecked me because I wasn't careful, and the second time he popped up while some Corpus mall cops were beating me to death, gave a look of approval and left when they finished.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 20, 2016, 04:37:06 pm »

One of the recent patches fixed g3, zanuka, and stalker spawning, and/or just upped their rate. Syndicate hit squads are still fairly rare, but those aren't that important.
Also, dread is probably the most common bp drop from him now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 20, 2016, 05:20:23 pm »

I mean, it always felt that way, even though they claimed all the BP rates were equal. People reporting stuff like 20+ Stalker kills with no BPs, getting 7-8 Dreads and no Hate or Despair, all that fun stuff. Though apparently that's still the case, there are people with data less than a year old showing ~33% BP drop rate, and <10% drop rate for non-Dread BPs. Was mostly just happy because I've already got my Paris Prime riding the Forma train and have a lot more Red Veil grinding to go before Rakta Cernos. Don't really want any of the others as much.

I've had the Stalker pop up a couple times, despite the fact that I have hardly farmed any bosses... Lech Krill for Frost and PHORID for Fieldrons, yet I've seen him twice.

The first time he wrecked me because I wasn't careful, and the second time he popped up while some Corpus mall cops were beating me to death, gave a look of approval and left when they finished.
Yeah, that's been my experience about half the time, getting blindsided because I didn't see where they spawned in. The other half, of course, is them showing up right in the middle of a four-man farm and getting killed before they even stand up.  ::)

It's really, really easy if you're running a CC-heavy 'frame like Frost, completely trivializes some of them (Stalker in particular).

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 133