Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 220829 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 14 - Civilization?
« Reply #1440 on: November 10, 2017, 08:38:23 am »

I'll only take it if offered. If I'm not in danger of bleeding out, I want at least to be in the position of not being ambushed out of the darkness (karma!), nor let others suffer from such an oversight.

I imagine that if I'm not being held down and bandaged, I get more time to start on everything else. So, swings and roundabouts.

(I could just find a dark corner and sit back and rest a bit, of course. Maybe later.)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 10, 2017, 09:10:00 am »

Oh. heal then first.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 10, 2017, 11:33:38 am »

Previous -- Next

Okay, then that seems to be enough.  As always, this goes pretty quickly when the player count is low!  Sure, it won't stay that way beyond this scene, but such is life.

Spoiler: Healing with bandages (click to show/hide)

Lanterns are lit.

By the light, this room is a horrible mess.  And it's only part due to the number of corpses.  As had been implied in the dimmer light to start, this whole building is of terrible construction: perhaps parts of it had been prepared well, but then sections of wall or roof seem to have been torn right back down.

There's a quick bandage hand-off and Dustan goes to tend Dwain's wounds.  The nasty neck wound turns out to be easily stanched!  Thank goodness for that.  Feeling better with life, Dwain inspects the couple glass vials lying loose on the ground; they're just empty.  Lying there.  Huh?  And that smell; are the meat bits in this corner rotting?  With all the effort to prepare real leather, they just leave the meat to go foul?

You pry a "" symbol off the east wall and peer through a crack.  Looks like . . . a forge in the next room over.  No movement.

Alyssa Alpine and John stay at the ready and watch out across the chamber (well, at least this side of it), waiting for peril.  You see in the southwest a flow of dripwater with growing cavereed; clearly where you had heard hoarding wastrels approaching earlier.

Hey; you can hear a new noise in the northwest.  A whole bunch of clattering.  Ugh, that's where Overseer was, isn't it?!  Now what?

Dwain (Starver): I couldn't think of a place to put your own lantern that would be "useful"; the whole area is rather bathed in light.  I figured that advancing your general room inspection made sense.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:53:14 pm by Sir Knight »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 10, 2017, 12:50:39 pm »

overseer might be under attack! Quick, go help him!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 10, 2017, 03:47:49 pm »

"Fuck! our wheelbarrows! Oh and the priest too"

quickly check the corpses for magical stuff hopefully healing.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 10, 2017, 06:58:55 pm »

(Grab all vials and..) if there's a rush to the NW, join it.

((There's more to understand here, but if we(/some of us) end up quitting the area for any reason then I might as well make sure we're not fully in breach of the verbal contract.))

Oh, and if I can shove G's damaging dagger into my belt? Though I'll ready a Skull (so as to not hit Overseer?) and follow up with pick if there's trouble.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 11, 2017, 08:16:00 am »

(Okay, I'm now busy for the weekend.  Be back in a bit!)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 11, 2017, 04:35:06 pm »

Head to the NorthWest, our Wheelbarrows are up there and we need those for all the glass vials and loot we are about to grab.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 15, 2017, 06:38:41 pm »

Previous -- Next

I have returned with an update!  I'm sure you will all be completely satisfied with these events in every way.

Much of the group heads to the northwest.  Behind, Dwain takes a moment to grab the two glass vials that are just lying about on the floor, plus an exceedingly-bloodied dagger, before following.  John performs a more thorough search.

These cultists are carrying little of note.  They have no packs.  Each dropped a single dagger, and otherwise bears just a waterskin, wall tiger leather tunic, and fashionably-matching cultist hood.

The cantor is a different story.  The tunic is made of something gray, like the tanned hides in the corner.  That's an iron mace, and, ah ha, that's a backpack!  Let's see . . .

. . . Why does the backpack smell of rot??  Oh, horrible, it's got heaps of rotting meat inside.  Oh, yuck.  What meat was this?  You can hope it was scaled turkey.  In fact, you find three loose bones in the pack, too, and these ones definitely look like scaled turkey--the sort used to make splitter wands.  And underneath that . . .

Neat, there are two big chunks of opal at the bottom of the pack.  And an iron hammer and chisel.

Now, to the northwest.

The approaching Dustan realizes that the noise you've been hearing is someone pushing a wheelbarrow.  There are voices, too, and they sound way too strangled to be Overseer's--well, unless he's being strangled.  The voices have begun shouting, but they're rapidly quieting with distance, and you turn the corner to see . . .

By the powers of the underground, the "abbot" is dead!  More importantly, one of your wheelbarrows is gone!  Overseer's lantern lies to one side, and his backpack another, showing evidence that it had been partly emptied.  The hoarding wastrels must have dumped things into a wheelbarrow and taken it away down the distant tunnel.

And which wheelbarrow was it?  What did they take?  Can you even recall what you left behind?

The rest of the Hoarding Wastrel Camp seems quiet; it's just you and the bodies now.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 15, 2017, 07:02:10 pm »

after them! If we go now, we may be able to catch up! Grab the barrows!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 15, 2017, 08:08:01 pm »

I tale it that not immediately following up could do something silly with the tunnels, if not split the party.

My priorities in this case are:
1) proper reverence to the body, cover the body (at a minimum; perhaps one of the leathers, again?) and symbolically place the lit lantern more directly atop it,
2) it's our shared property, not theirs (this includes the remaining barrows, that shouldn't really be left unguarded, or behind!), so I think Words should be had with those involved, and those words might well be pointy,
3) if I miss the hot pursuit, because of (1) overly delaying (2), there's clearly more encampment to check, after securing all otherwise unlooted items (Overseer/cantor stuff, plus any leathers not being used as shrouds) in whatever wheelbarrow(s) remain to me.

(There's four of us. If at least two others are chasing the wheelbarrow intending to come straight back if successful, I can probably spend time here in anticipation of their success, but open to verbal discussions before the turn is committed.)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 15, 2017, 08:41:08 pm »

Try to Stop Dustan if successful store new loot in wheelbarrows and make copy of carving. If not just copy the carving before following him (while keeping distance from him)

"I  and Alyssa are worse than half dead and we don't know how many wastrel are there so I would prefer if we don't go running to that fight."
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 15, 2017, 11:16:56 pm »

"Go ahead and chase after them if you want. I'll pay respects to Overseer and try and keep me and John alive. Get back once you get our stuff back, or if you lose the trail and don't have a good idea of where to go from there."

Check the barrows we have left, check the supplies left behind with Overseer. Cover up Overseer's body if something convenient for that is nearby, then go make sure John isn't ambushed.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:06:50 am by Rautherdir »

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 16, 2017, 09:44:22 am »

Whew, complicated!  I add:

I'll see how successful John (ziizo) is at stopping Dustan (Dustan Hache), but it occurs to me that splitting the party could work out pretty well this one time, so long as everybody follows Dustan pretty soon.  So I'm fine with that possible result.

And when it comes to chasing people, remember how it worked earlier in this game when players would race each other to be the first to enter a new area.  When somebody's gotten a headstart on a marathon jog, they've arrived in the next area with a turn or two to spare before the pursuers did.  So that's how that would go . . . as far as you know.

In this case, note the double-long tunnel means you'll be a long distance away once done.  A round trip is more than a day long.  If you left the Hoarding Wastrel Camp with the intent to come back, would things be as you left them?  This was a nasty fight; presumably you'll want to stick around long enough to take your spoils, at least.  (Which people are doing, so that's fine.)
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 173